Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Karly and Emma

After mom had given birth to Logan Alexander, Sidney and Alaina took Jordan and I home. We were both exhausted and went right to bed only to be woken up two hours later. I had gone into labor. All I can say is thank god Linda and Henry were staying with us, because Jordan went into panic mode. Finally we made it to the hospital and I was admitted into mom’s room by my request. There was no way she was missing the birth of her first grandchildren. I thought that once I was settled that I would finally sleep, but I was wrong. The contractions kept me up all night and continued to get worse.

“OH MY GOD!” I screamed as what seemed like the hundredth contraction in the last hour hit me. I was squeezing Jordan’s hand so tight, as he kept brushing my hair out of my face.

“You’re doing great, baby.” He whispered, placing a kiss on my forehead. I just glared at him.

When it finally passed, I laid in bed slightly gasping for air. “How long do they last?” I whined.

Both Linda and mom chuckled. “Not until you are holding your precious little girls in your arms.” Mom said.

I looked at Linda. “I don’t know how you when through this four time.” I stated and she just chuckled.

I tried smiling back at her but the smile was wiped right off my face as another, stronger contraction hit me. “It hurts!” I cried through clenched teeth. “Oh God does it hurt.” I now had tears running down my face.

Jordan wiped the tears away with his thumbs. “Just keep breathing. You’re doing a great job, Allie. I love you so much.” He told me, placing a kiss on my temple.

“I’ll go get the doctor.” Linda said with a smile, slipping out of the room. She returned minutes later with Doctor Richards behind her.

“Allie, I hear your contractions are about three minutes apart?” I just simply nodded. “That’s wonderful news. You are fully dilated so on your next contraction I want you to push. Hard.”

“You’ll be fine baby girl. Just remember to breathe.” My mom said from her bed.

Just then another contraction rocked my body and I did what I was told. I pushed. The was unbearable, I was glad Jordan is a strong hockey player because I was squeezing his hand so hard it would have crippled any other man. After three hard pushes, the room was filled with the cries of a baby and the flash of Linda’s camera. As soon as the sound of our daughter hit my ears, tears made their way to my eyes and down my face. I looked at Jordan and he too had tears in his eyes.

“Karly May.” We whispered together and then Jordan kissed me.

“Daddy, do you want to cut the cord?” Doctor Richards asked, handing Jordan the scissors. I watched as Jordan cut the cord and as the nurses began cleaning her up and measuring her.

“Alright Allie, the second one is crowing. On your next contraction…”

“Push. Got it.” I said, trying to smile.

Minutes later another contraction hit and again I was pushing. Emma was a little more stubborn, it took five or six hard pushes.

“Not even a minute old and she is already as stubborn as her father.” Linda laughed through her tears.

“Amen to that.” I gasped.

“What’s this little one’s name?” Henry asked.

“Emma Grace.” I smiled.

As the nurses took care of the babies I laid back in bed and closed my eyes. I was exhausted.

“Great job Allie.” the doctor said and I opened my eyes. “We are going to get you and your babies cleaned up and then you can get some rest.” He shook Jordan’s hand and smiled down at me. “Congratulations you two.”

When I was all cleaned up and Jordan and I got to hold Karly and Emma for the first time, the nurses left. After a little bit, Henry and Linda left as well, promising that they would be by in the morning. I looked over at mom and saw that she was asleep and I envied her.

“I love you.” Jordan said from the chair next to my bed.

I looked over at him and couldn’t help but smile. Emma looked so small in his arms, but it looked so natural. “I love you too.”

Twenty minutes later a nurse came to take the twins to the nursery and I couldn’t say I wasn’t happy. I just wanted to sleep. So that is what I did, I fell right to sleep.

Jordan’s POV

Allie was finally sleeping and I was just as exhausted as she was, but before I slept I made my way down to the nursery to snap a picture of the girls with my phone. When I walked up to the window, they weren’t hard to miss. Even though they both were asleep I knew they had my eyes and under their little pink beanies they had a little hair that was the color of Allie’s. I quickly got a picture and started making my way back to the room.

I sent a text to the guys on the team.

Meet the newest members of the Penguins family! Karly May and Emma Grace =)

I sent another one to my brothers.

Meet the two newest members of the Staal family! Karly May and Emma Grace <3

When I got back to the room, Sharron was awake nursing Logan. I sent her a smile and turned my phone on silent. I crawled into bed with Allie and placed a kiss on her cheek. I laid my head on the pillow and smiled. Never in a million years would I think I would be going steady with the same girl for almost a year and have two kids with her. I was happy with my life at the moment, even if I was off the ice with an injury. I closed my eyes and soon I was fast asleep.

The next morning I woke up to people in the room. I looked next to me and saw that Allie was awake as well, but she still looked tired.

“Morning, babe.” I smiled at her and kissed her.

“Morning.”

“Good morning mommy and daddy.” Alaina smiled at us from the chair I was sitting in last night. “Jord, Sidney brought you change of clothes and I brought one for you Allie.”

“Thanks Alaina.’ I smiled at my friend. I looked over at Allie and I chuckled at the look in her eyes. She wanted coffee and on top of that she wanted to see the girls. I chuckled and leaned down to kiss her. “Let me go get changed and then I will go get the girls.” I placed one last kiss on her lips before going into the bathroom and changing out of my sweats.

When I was dressed, I looked at my phone and chuckled. I had so many unread texts. I opened the ones from my brothers first. The first one was from Jared.

Congrats big brother! They are beautiful. Can’t wait to meet them. Love you guys

Thanks Jare =) I can’t wait for you to meet them. Allie sends her love

The next one was from Marc.

They are beautiful. Congratulations Jordan. Give Allie a kiss for me. Hope to see you guys soon.”

Thanks Marc, will do.

Last was Eric’s and his scared me a little.

Who knew you could produce two beautiful looking girls? It’s a good thing they have three hockey players for uncles and a hockey team to protect them ;) I don’t have to worry about that with Parker. Congrats lil bro. Tanya and I love you two.

Hahaha you’re so funny. Oh, god I never thought about that…..thanks big brother.

The rest of the texts from the team all said the same thing. I responded to all of them and then went to find Allie’s doctor. When I told him that she was awake he smiled and followed him to the room. Doctor Richards did a quick check up on Allie and then said he would send a nurse down with the twins. I noticed that while I was gone, Alaina had helped Allie change into some sweats and a Pens shirt.

“How are you feeling?” I asked her.

She smiled. “I’m good. Tired and sore and I really just want to hold Emma and Karly.”

“Me too.” squealed Alaina and we all laughed at her. Sidney came walking in carrying a very familiar looking red and white bag.

“Oh thank god, food.” Allie gasped reaching for the bag.

Sidney chuckled and kissed her cheek. “I figured you’d be hungry.”

“What, you bring her food but not me?” Sharron called from her bed.

Sidney smiled and produced a second bag. “I would never forget you.”

“Layne, you might want to watch out. Mom might try and steal your husband.” Allie laughed.

Mom sent Sidney a wink and he blushed causing us all to laugh. Sidney joined Alaina by Allie’s bed and gave her a kiss. We were all talking quietly when there was a knock at the door.

“Knock, knock.” A nurse said. “I have two feisty little girls here who want to see mommy and daddy.” She smiled.

I quickly got off the bed and went over to help the nurse wheel in the basinets. I couldn’t keep the smile off my face when I looked down at my girls. I looked over at Allie and saw that she had the same smile on hers.

“Ohmygosh, guys they are so cute.” Alaina gushed as I handed Emma over to Allie.

“Thanks Alaina,” Allie smiled at her best friend before smiling down to the baby. “ Hi there beautiful, baby girl. I’m your mommy and see that handsome blond over there?” Allie pointed to me. “That’s you daddy.”

Watching Allie interact with our daughter was a beautiful sight. It was heartwarming and sexy at the same time. The bundle of joy in my arms squirmed and I smiled down at her. “Hey there baby girl. How was your first night? All your uncles want to meet you and your sister.” I told Karly, smiling at her.

“Alaina, do you want to hold Emma?” Allie asked, looking at her best friend.

I looked up and saw the nervous look on Alaina’s face. She nodded and walked over to Allie who placed Emma in her arms. Once she was comfortable with the baby, she began to lightly sway back and forth.

“Sid, you want to give it a try?” I asked him.

“Actually I would.” He smiled. I walked over to him and placed Karly in his arms. Sidney was a natural with kids and now with babies. I took the camera out and snapped pictures of our friends.

Two hours later Sharron and Logan were released. Mom and dad showed up and held their grandbabies for the first time. More pictures were taken. As the day wore on the team started filtering in, brining balloons and things. The room was crowded and a little loud but the girls didn’t seem to mind. They were content being passed around the room. I had put Alaina in charge taking pictures while I sat in bed with Allie, who talking to Vero.

“Your girls are beautiful, you two.” Vero smiled.

“Thanks V.” Allie said giving the French-Canadian woman a hug.

I wrapped my arm around Allie’s shoulders and watched our friends interact with our daughters.

“They are quite popular.” Allie laughed.

I nodded my head. “That they are.”

She kissed my cheek and chuckled. “They are still babies, no need to go into over protective father mode yet.”

“Just practicing.” I chuckled, placing a kiss on the top of her head. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

The rest of the afternoon was spent with my friends and family and I couldn’t have been happier. I was with the woman I loved, holding our daughters, and surrounded by the people I love. Things couldn’t be better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited