Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Will You Marry Me?

Allie’s POV

I was still in shock when Jordan got up to use the bathroom. Parker wants me to be his aunt. When Parker confirmed that he did, I couldn’t stop the tears that filled my eyes. I looked around the table and saw that
Linda had tears in her eyes as well and Eric was smiling at me.

“Allie.” Parker said, grabbing my attention. “Color with me?” He asked, handing me the crayon he was using.

I smiled. “Sure thing buddy.” Together we began coloring a penguins playing, what else but hockey. I chuckled. “Is that Uncle Jordan?” I asked.

Parker smiled. “Yeah, cuz it’s playing hockey and he’s a penguin. Just like unca Jordan.”

“We should give this to him, eh?” I said and Leah chuckled.

“You’ve been hangin’ out with hockey players too much Allie, you’re starting to talk like them. Next you’re going to start speaking French.” She joked.

“’ey, you are learning ‘ow to speak French.” Kris countered, causing us all to laugh.

Jordan returned and just as he sat down, dessert was brought out. I quickly cleaned up the coloring book and crayons and handed them to Tanya, before tending to the girls who were behaving so well. As I was readjusting Emma’s bib, I heard everyone at the table gasp and go quite. I quickly turned my head and looked at everyone. Linda had tears in her eyes again, even Leah, Tanya, and Vero had tears in their eyes. All the guys were smiling. Was I missing something? I looked over at Jordan who was just looking at me.

“What’s wrong?” I finally asked. “Why did everyone get quite?”

No one answered me, they all continued to just state at me. I looked around at all of them again, but no one was budging. Soon everyone simply started eating their desserts like nothing had happened. Confused and slightly weirded out, I slowly picked up my fork to start eating my own dessert. That’s when I saw it. There was a ring on my cake. I gasped and covered my mouth as tears filled my eyes and I looked at Jordan, who now had a smile on his face.

He took my hand and laced our fingers together. “Allie, I love you. I have since the day you called me from California freaking out about your mom and Steven.” His hand tightened around mine at the mention of my mom’s ex-boyfriend. “We’ve had some amazing times together and we now have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful house together. There’s no other person in this world I could imagine being with for the rest of my life but you.” I was practically sobbing by now, the tears were coming faster than I could wipe them away. I couldn’t believe this. I looked at all our friends and family sitting at the table. Eric was holding a crying Tanya’s hand, Henry was doing the same with Linda, Kris had his arm wrapped around Leah as she laid her head on his shoulder and cried, Marc had a huge smile on his face, and Flower was holding Vero’s hand. These were people I loved.

Jordan stood up and picked the ring out of the frosting and wiped it off with a napkin. He walked around the table and I turned in my seat. People around us were starting to get curious. Jordan took my hand again and dropped to one knee in front of me. I could hear the other guests gasp and I also noticed some of the wait staff watching from the kitchen.

“Allie Summers, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife? Will you marry me?” He finally asked.

I didn’t need time to think, nor did I have the heart to make him sweat it out. “Yes!” I cried, as more tears streamed down my face. “Yes, yes, yes!.”

Jordan chuckled and slipped the beautiful pink ring onto my finger. “I love you.” He whispered before kissing me. All around us people went crazy.

I smiled into the kiss. “I love you, too. So much.” I told him when we pulled apart. Everyone at our table was out of their seats and giving us both hugs,

“Does this mean Allie is going to be my aunt?” Parker asked bouncing in his seat.

I walked over to his side of the table and picked him up, hugging him. “Yes it does, bud. I’m going to be your aunt.”

He let out a cheer and kissed my cheek before wrapping his arms around my neck. Tears burned my eyes. Soon the bill was paid and we all made our way back to Eric’s house, where we continued to celebrate our engagement. That night as Jordan and I were getting ready for bed, I couldn’t keep the smile off my face every time I saw the ring. I turned to Jordan who had crept up behind me.

“Today has been amazing. I’m finally going to be a Staal.” I whispered, kissing him.

He beamed and kissed me back. “You have no idea how wonderful that sounds, Future Mrs. Staal.”

I kissed him again and took a step closer, wrapping my arms around his neck. Jordan placed his hands on my hips and pulled me even closer to him. Soon our innocent making out, turned frantic and steamy. Before I could register what was happening, I was on the bed with Jordan hovering over me.

“Jord,” I gasped as he attached his lips to my neck. “We can’t do this here, your entire family is in the house.”

I felt him smile. “They’re your family now, too.”

I rolled my eyes. “Okay, our entire family is in the house, we cannot have sex.”

He pulled back and smirked at me. “You don’t think they knew what we were going to do tonight? Why do you think Eric called for a sleepover in the basement with Parker and Marc?”

I giggled. “But what about the girls?”

“They sleep through the night now and if they don’t, mom and Tanya will get them.” He didn’t wait for a reply, he just kissed me senseless.

His hands soon began roaming my body and I gave in to him. For the rest of the night Jordan and I stayed wrapped in each others arms, celebrating our engagement together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited