Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Club

The next few days were crazy, Alaina and I were packing up what we had unpacked at Kris and Jordan’s and moving it downstairs to our apartment. There were also games that we went to and work. Also to add onto the stress of moving, the Christmas party was tomorrow night and I somehow managed to pack my dress and shoes. I spent two hours unpacking my boxes looking for them. I groaned when I heard a knock on the front door.

“Hey where have you been?” Jordan asked when I opened to door.

“What do you mean?” I asked confused, quickly going through my head to make sure I didn’t forget something that was today.

“All the guys are upstairs, we’re supposed to go to the club tonight.”

“Oh shit, I totally forgot about that.” I looked over my shoulder and groaned. All my clothes were thrown all over the living room. If Alaina were here I would be so dead.

Jordan followed my gaze and whistled. “What happened in here?” He asked, amused.

“I was looking for my outfit for tomorrow’s dinner because stupid me packed it instead of leaving it in the closet.” I groaned again when I realized that I needed to find an outfit to wear to the club. “Do you want to help me look for something to wear tonight?”

“Sure. Where do you want me to look?” he asked taking his coat off and placing it on the folding table we had.

“You can start in this suitcase. There are some more clothes in the boxes in my room. It’s the some room that was mine at your place.” Jordan laughed and proceeded to look for something. Deep inside I was a little scared to see what he would pick out for me because I had some things in the boxes that he would totally pick for me to wear. I continued to look for my dress for tomorrow while Jordan was in charge of finding me something for tonight. About five minutes later Jordan walked out of my room with a pair of jeans and a shirt hanging on his arm.

“Whatcha got there Staal?” I asked looking up from the current box I was looking in.

“Your outfit for tonight.” He tossed it to me and pushed me in the direction of the bathroom. “Now get ready, we are all waiting on you.”

I put on the clothes that he picked out for me and surveyed myself. Not bad, he happened to pick out my favorite pair of skinny jeans and the baby blue halter top I bought before moving here. It was meant more for spring in California than almost winter in Pittsburgh. Deciding that I would just wear my jacket, I fixed my make-up and put my hair into a ponytail.

“Gotta give it to you Jordan, you can pick out an outfit.” I said as I walked out of the bathroom. I grabbed my high heeled boots and put them on. “What do you think?” I asked spinning around in a circle.

“I think that shirt looks even better on than I imagined it would.” He said quietly holding my jacket open for me.

I blushed and locked up the apartment before following him up to his apartment. “Sorry I’m late guys. I was looking for my dress for tomorrow night.” I said when we walked in the door.

“You mean the one that you left in the closet? Along with the shoes?” Alaina said.

“You have got to be freaking kidding me? I left them here? I didn’t pack them?” Alaina just nodded her head, biting her lip to keep from laughing. “I just spent two hours digging through all my boxes.”

The guys all laughed at my over dramatic attitude, but I had really spent two hours looking for those things.

“Come on, let’s get this show on the road.” Max said walking towards the door. We all followed behind him.

“Allie, ride with me?” Jordan asked

“Sure.”

The ride to the club was a quiet one with only the radio playing softly. Throughout the ride Jordan kept looking at me from the corner of his eye while he was driving.

“Pay attention to the road.” I said and he turned to look at me.

“What do you mean?” He asked

“You’re paying more attention to me then the road.”

Jordan blushed and turned his attention to the road and I chuckled lightly. When we arrived at the club I was a bit worried about getting in because I wasn’t twenty-one yet, but I found out that if you’re with Jordan Staal and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins you got it without a second glance. I followed the guys and some of the girls up to the VIP section and was shocked by how some people just waved at the guys and just went back to their business.

“Isn’t this so cool?” Alaina yelled in my ear.

“Totally.” I said, looking around for Jordan and the rest of the guys. I found Jordan at the table that he was sharing with Sidney, Max, and Geno and Alaina joined soon after I did. We ordered drinks and were having a good time. Throughout the evening Jordan would wrap his arm around my shoulder or place his hand on my knee.

“Do you wanna dance?” Jordan asked.

I nodded and finished my drink before sliding out of the booth and moving to the dance floor. Jordan grabbed my waist and pulled me back into him. Soon we were both moving to the swift beat of the song, well I was actually dancing Jordan was just kind of swaying his hips. When the next song came on I grinned to myself because I tended to lose it when Pitbull was played and I knew that I was going to drive Jordan crazy.

Once Jordan and I were done dancing we made our way back to the table. We ordered new drinks and jumped into different conversations. I was talking, well venting to Alaina about work when I heard a female’s voice that I didn’t recognize call for Jordan’s attention. My head instantly shot up and glared in her direction. She was what I expected her to be, blond and a whore. I focused on breathing evenly as she made her way over to our table.

“Jordan! I haven’t seen you here for a long time.” She said in a voice that you would picture in a bad eighties high school movie. Annoying.

“Um, Jackie I always come here.” He said.

“Well I haven’t seen you silly.” She tried to sit down next to him, but thankfully there wasn’t enough room. I knew she was thinking about sitting on his lap so I stuck my hand out to introduce myself. Bad idea.

“Hi, Jackie is it? I’m Allie, it’s nice to meet you.” I said politely. Alaina gave me a ‘are you fucking crazy look’ and Jordan looked kind of scared.

Jackie looked me over before rolling her eyes. “Who are you? His fuck for the night?” She sneered. “Honey, let me tell you. Been there done that many times.” She tossed a smile in Jordan’s direction before sauntering off to a different table. I took a couple of deep breaths and told myself that she wasn’t worth it.

Alain gave me a warning look before turning back to Sidney. Jordan placed his hand on my knee and squeezed. I turned and looked at him and saw him smiling at me. He lowered his head so his mouth was at me ear so I could hear what he was saying. Though he was just talking to me, his breath was tickling me and sending goose bumps up and down my arms.

“Don’t listen to her. I haven’t slept with her for a long time.” He said.

“Jordan, you don’t have to say anything to me about that kind of things. We aren’t together so I don’t need to know about who you sleep with and who you don’t.” I said trying really hard to keep the tears away. Though I don’t understand why I had the urge to cry. Alaina could tell that something wasn’t right so she dragged me to the bathroom with her.

“What’s wrong?” she asked as soon as we were out of earshot from the guys.

“I don’t know, I just suddenly got the urge to cry.” I said covering my face.

“Was it because of what the slut said? Because we all know that you aren’t his fuck buddy tonight.”

“I know that, but he feels the need to explain himself to me and he doesn’t have to do that because I shouldn’t care what he does.”

“But you do?”

“Yes I do. You saw how I reacted to her even saying Jordan’s name.” I covered my face again and sighed. “I’m jealous.”

“There’s nothing to be jealous of. Apparently if he feels the need to tell you things like that then he wants you to know that he hasn’t done that stuff. Allie, Jordan likes you we all can see it. He’s just slow.” She smiled

“You’re right.”

We made our way back to our table and took out seats. Jordan sent a confused look in my direction, but I just shook my head. Jordan and I danced a few more times before we all decided that it was time to leave. I rode home with Jordan and this time the car ride was filled with conversation and laughing. When we got to the apartment, Jordan insisted on walking me to my apartment before heading to his. I just laughed because it was only one floor, but the gesture was sweet.

“Well this is me.” I laughed when we got to my door. Jordan chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist. He smiled down at me and then let me go.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said before kissing my forehead and making his way to his apartment.

I opened the door and groaned, my clothes were still all over the place. I went into my room and changed from my club clothes to my pajamas and began picking everything up. I was just finishing up the living room when Alaina walked in.

“Where have you been?” I asked looking at the microwave clock.

“I went to get some coffee with Sidney at the diner.” She said, making her way to her room. “Plus it gave you time to clean up your mess.”

I blushed and quickly finished picking up the last few pieces of clothing on the floor. While Alaina was in her room changing, I made us some hot coco and popcorn. We sat on the couch and just talked about work, the hockey season, and guys. We were about to put a movie in when my phone buzzed on the side table we had. I flipped open my phone, as soon as I did, a smile broke across my face.

NEW TEXT: Jordan
you know, the apartment is really lonely now that you're gone.

I laughed. I honestly agree though, it's not the same. Thinking about what to say back, it hit me. Why not have some fun with this.

Reply: Jordan
awhhh, is someone missing me?? that's just too cute.

I waited patiently for Jordan to text back and took advantage of the free time. I got up and made some hot tea and started the gas fireplace. I put pillows on the floor and just laid there, thinking. I really did have major feelings for this boy. I've never felt this way for any of my past boyfriends. Just the thought of him gave me butterflies. Now that I think about him, he's taking an awfully long time to reply. Just as I thought that, my phone lit up.

NEW TEXT: Jordan
I'm not going to lie. I honestly do. Is Alaina asleep??

Wondering what plan he's scheming now, I got up from my comfortable spot and walked to Alaina's room and opened the door quietly. She appeared to be on the phone, but it looks like she had fallen asleep. I picked up her phone to put it on the nightstand and could hear light snoring coming from the other line. I glanced at the screen because whoever she was talking to had also fallen asleep. I noticed it was Sidney and chuckled. Aw isn’t that cute? Falling asleep together on the phone. I covered her and made my way back to my spot by the fire. I grabbed my phone to text Jordan back

Reply: Jordan
yeaah, she's asleep. why do you ask?

As soon as I put my phone down, it lit back up.

NEW TEXT: Jordan
i wasn't joking when I said i missed you, can i come down??

Reply: Jordan
i don't see why not. bring a pillow and a blanket. i'm laying by the fireplace and we haven't quite yet unpacked all the pillows and blankets. I'll keep the door open. just let me know when your in

I got up again to go put more water on the stove to make some more tea for Jordan and I. I figured we could both drink tea by the fire. Now that I think about it, the setting is a little romantic. Alaina, Vero, and Sandra will never let me live this down if the find out if anything happens.

I was standing in front of the sink, staring out the window. Thinking about how much i missed my mom and couldn't wait to go home next week and see her when I heard a faint whisper. "Allie?"

"I'm in here Jord"

I heard the footsteps walking from the door to near the fireplace then to the kitchen. I felt arms wrap around my waist. I instantly smiled. I turned around in his arms.

"I've missed you too Jordan" I said putting my arms around his lower torso and rested my head on his chest. This was really different. But I absolutely loved it.

We stood like that for a few minutes. I looked up at him. He moved his right hand from my waist and put it under my chin. He looked at my lips and then back to my eyes. Slowly he bent down and kissed me lightly on the lips. It took me a second to realize what was happening. I was definitely enjoying this. He started to deepen the kiss, but I didn't want to rush into whatever was going on, so I pushed him away lightly. He gave me a confused look and I just smiled at him.

I turned to the stove and made the tea. I grabbed his free hand, and pulled him with my back to the fireplace and fixed the pillows and blankets. He laid down first and I sat next to him and rested my head his chest. We laid there and talked about what happened or didn’t happen at the club and anything else we could come up with.

It was almost two in the morning and I was starting to get tired and Jordan knew it. "Go to sleep babe." He whispered

I did a weird yawn/groan. "But I don't want you to leave. Are you comfy?"

Jordan chuckled. "Not really but I'll live."

I yawned again "Let’s just go sleep in my bed.”

"You know I could just go back to my place. It’s not like I have a long way to go.” He chuckled

I looked up at Jordan and chuckled, he smiled. He was right but I didn’t want him to leave. “I don’t want you to leave.”

"Okay. Come on." He stood up and offered me his hand. I took it and he pulled me up. We grabbed the pillows and blankets and started making my way to my room. We got ready for bed and climbed in. Jordan opened his arms up to me, smiling I made my over to him. I laid my head on his chest and he wrapped his arm around me. As soon as I was in his arms, he fell asleep and I was probably the happiest girl right now.

I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Goodnight Jordan" I whispered. I adjusted the covers and I too fell right to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited