Uncompatible Love

Secrets And Truths

Ch. 21: Secrets & Truths*start*

I hear Jacob’s light steps as he neared the room. I wished I had Jen’s transporting powers to just avoid this whole conversation. The words the other’s spoke made me feel some what better, but I was still a little edgy about this whole “talk”. I wanted to avoid it as much as possible because, well because that would be it. No more secrets for him. I would know absolutely everything about him. He confided everything in me, anything that had to do with him that is. I know he kept this a secret from me because he was scared of either what I would think or say, that, and this wasn’t only his secret to tell.

I couldn’t tell him my secret though. I already knew that they knew about my family, they just didn’t know that they were my family. I didn’t want him to tell me to my face what he was, because then that’s it. No more secrets. That would never happen with me though. There were many secrets that have to be kept under lock and key. I saw him come inside the room and sit on the other corner of the bed. My head was somewhat down while his view was towards the carpetingRebecca had in her room.

It was quiet, as neither of us wanted to speak, well I didn’t. I think Jacob just didn’t know where to start off from. I heard him sigh and run his hand over his face as he tried numerous times to speak. He would open his mouth and then close it abruptly, repeating the process a few times before getting frustrated. I would flinch anytime he would open his mouth and I think he took that as a bad sign. He probably thought I was scared of him or something. I would have to stop that, I didn’t want to cause him anymore pain then what he had already suffered from in the past.

Although he confirmed to me that he was over Bella, the way he spoke about it for the first time was full of pain and regret. Every time he spoke of Edward he would literally spit his name out. It was obvious he hated my brother with a passion. That was one of the reasons why I couldn’t tell Jacob the whole truth. I was afraid of the outcome. I mean come on! We are the reason he has to go through any of this! I really didn’t want to loose him; I loved him already in such a short time. I would give him whatever he wanted, except the truth. Pretty ironic isn’t it. You need trust and honesty in a good relationship, yet here I am willing to give him anything in return for his love except that which can hold us together.

I hadn’t noticed that I sighed after my internal battle, but I did. That caught Jacob’s attention and he looked at me. He was a bit wary, but he stood up and edged closer to me until he was right in front of me. He probably thought I would run off screaming out the door. He bended down until he was crouching in front of me as best as he could. My head was down and he slowly lifted it up for me to look into his beautiful brown eyes. He looked pained, and the second I saw that look in his eyes…I broke. I threw my arms around his neck causing him to loose balance and fall back. I was lying on top of him letting the soft tears run down my face and onto his bare chest.

-”I’m..s..sorry!” I told him. He hesitantly put his arm around me and patted it.

*Third Person’s POV*

Jacob was confused when Violet began to cling onto him and cry. He could not only smell the salty tears, but he could feel as they ran down his warm chest. He wanted to cry himself when he noticed that she was crying. Although he was confused as to why she was sorry. It wasn’t like it was his fault he was the way he is. He was trying his hardest to keep the tears at bay, but when he lifted her off and looked into her tear stained eyes a tear slid down. He kissed her eyes, now sure at what he was about to say. He picked her up and walked to the bed sitting on the edge. He cradled her in his lap, waiting for her tears to stop. They soon did and he looked into her eyes.

-”Why are you sorry?” he asked in a whisper. Violet looked like she could fall apart at any moment. She was sorry for so many things. She was sorry for her own existence, for causing him this pain, for being one of the causes of him turning into a large wolf. All of it!. She sniffled as she rubbed her eyes a little. She represented a little child at the moment, as Jacob cradled her tiny frame in his large one.

-”For..n..not l..listening…” Violet stuttered out, trying to stop the water works before they came. She could see Jacob was having a hard time seeing her cry. Most guys couldn’t take watching a girl cry, for what ever reason, but Jacob actually looked like it was hurting him to see her like this.

-”It wasn’t your fault…I should have just told you and you would have known to keep away. I could have put you in danger for not even knowing.” Jacob said putting his head down. Violet saw that he was hurting. She was glad that she did not have her mood abilities, her own pain felt enough of a punishment and seeing Jacob in this state was another, but actually feeling what he was feeling would be too much. “I ..I’ll get it if you want to end things and…” with those words Jacob could feel his heart crumbling into fine grinded dust. No pieces to put back together like with Bella, this time there would be no way to help. At that Violet’s eyes widened.

-”What..I..I don’t want to Jacob! I love you! Please..” she said wrapping her arms around his torso. Jacob’s head shot up and looked into her eyes.

-”You’re…your not scared of me...of us.?” he asked feeling some hope as his heart slowly became whole yet again.

-”No..I..I thought you would want to break up with me. I don’t care what you are Jacob!” he hugged her tightly with that said. He was shocked that she was this understanding. Maybe this was the whole imprinting thing. They really were meant to be.

-”You’re sure?” He could feel her head as it went up and down as she nodded. He smiled and she nestled closer to him. She wasn’t sure what to say, she didn’t want to even speak. All she wanted was to stay like that with him afraid of letting anything slip out on accident. He hugged her and kissed her forehead. She finally looked up and looked at their reflection in the vanity mirror Rebecca had in the room. She laughed somewhat mixed with her sobs. Jacob smiled somewhat relieved to here the sound escaping her lips. “What?” he asked. She pointed towards the mirror.

He soon joined in as he chuckled. There stood the both of them as Jacob held Violet protectively cradled into him as her hair was in her face, eyes somewhat red from crying, cheeks pink. Jacob had a few leave in his hair and his chest somewhat glistened from the salty liquid that were her tears. They looked like a mess, but they didn’t care.

-”Gosh, I look awful!” she said burring her face in her hands and pushing her bangs up over her forehead. Her bangs stood up and she just laughed a little more.

-”You look beautiful to me…” murmured Jacob. He had this loving look in his eyes as he inched closer to Violet’s lips. They gave each other a gentle loving kiss. It was long, but sincere, full of longing, and as gentle as can be. Like if one or the other would break at any minute. The kiss was how ever ruined when Violet hiccupped.

-”Sorry.” she said covering her mouth as a smile danced its way across her features. “I think I over did it with the tears.” she said sheepishly. Jacob just smiled and kissed her forehead.

-”So…you’re absolutely okay with this?” she nodded. “Your not afraid?” she shook her head no. He smiled at that. “So…I guess I better tell you everything now huh?” he asked.

-”Only…only if you want to. I get it if there are some things that I’m not supposed to know and…”

-”No! No..I..I want it all on the open. I’ll tell you everything.” he said smiling. She too smiled somewhat sadly. Sadly because this was it. He had no more secrets to keep from her like she hid from him. “Um well...as you found out…I’m a werewolf. There are these legends…which you’ll here tomorrow.” he said smiling. She simply nodded for him to continue. “that say Quileute descend from wolves. My grandfather was the pack’s alpha, but I’m the beta. Sam’s the alpha though. Um…what else…yea. I think it’s better if we wait until the bonfire.” he said chuckling. “I kind of had this whole thing planned differently you know. I was gonna tell the legends…then I was going to sneak you out for a walk through the forest, like you wanted.” he said smiling. “Sounds kinda cheesy I know, but it was better than finding out this way.” She just nodded, the two of them smiling brightly.

-”So..um is there-well um-ok…who...exactly…..can turn into a wolf?” she asked sheepishly with a grin.

-”Um oh..well all of us..well the whole gang that is..” her eyes widened.

-”Even Emily and Kim?” she asked shocked. Leah sure she could picture her as one from her strong built, but Emily..Kim?!

-”What?! Oh no! Um..just the guys..we’re not sure why Leah’s one though…” he said. She just nodded and stood up out of his lap and sent a hand towards Jacob. He took it standing up. He towered over her and so looked down to reech into her eyes. They both held a loving gaze, but Jacob could see something in Violet’s gaze something, strange…remorse regret, repentance...he could see that whatever you wanted to call it she had some kind of guilt in her eyes. Like if she was the one that did something wrong. “What is it?” he asked. She just opened her mouth and couldn’t help, but let the sob escape her mouth and let the words flow out.

-”I..I still can’t tell you Jake!” she said going back to her tears.

-”Tell me what?” he asked confused.

-”I want to..b..but I can’t!” she sobbed. “I just…I want to get over this whole thing!”

-”What are you talking about, Vie? Violet, listen. What’s wrong?” he asked as he held her shoulders.

-”I’m glad you guys can trust me with all this, …but-I-there are some things I still rather keep secret…..” she whispered the end out. He hugged her.

-”It’s ok…I understand…you can tell me when ever you want…” he said kissing the top of her head.

-”Thank you.” she whispered. Jacob and Violet just sat there on the bed, embracing one another. Neither wanting to move and disturb the other. Soon night time came and Jacob could feel as her heart beat fell slightly as she was overcome with sleep. At some point they had laid back on the bed with Violet on top of Jacob’s chest as she slept. Jacob, feeling it best to sleep in his own room, decided to get up. Although when he tried to move her a little she just wrapped her arms around him as much as they could, whimpering in her sleep.

-”Don’t leave…” she was whispering in her sleep. He could see as a few tears gathered in her eyes as she pleaded. “Please…” Jacob looked to the door and figured that his dad would stay at Emily’s for tonight or at least come home and straight to his room. He sighed but kissed her forehead and hummed a little soft tone until she no longer looked as vulnerable.

*Next Day, Jake’s POV*

I guess I fell asleep in Violet’s room after all. I opened an eye and found us in the same position as last time and smiled. She looked calm and peaceful right now. Her mouth was in a slight pout as she had her hands curled near her chest, which was atop of mine. Her breathing was even, but there were still a few traces of last night’s tears. I smiled kissing her cheek and looking at the clock. The bright red numbers flashed 8:15 am. *sigh* It was still early so I figured I’d sleep a little bit more. I didn’t want to wake her up anyway. I closed my eyes with a light smile on my face. My girl knew the truth, she was okay with it, she loved me…what could be better? I felt sleep making its way into my system when I yawned loudly and snuggled closer to Violet as she rolled to the side. I peaked an eye open though when I heard a chuckle.

-”You know, I was wondering where you were.” I looked towards the door and saw my dad there with an eyebrow raised. My cheeks turned pink. At the moment I was currently shirtless and in shorts, not that you could see them from the blanket that covered us. Then there was Violet, she still had that small tank top from the beach and short shorts, once again, not that you could see. Overall, this situation didn’t look good.

-”I swear this isn’t what it looks like.” I babbled. He just chuckled more.

-”Oh I know I know!” he said nodding his head and raising his hands up in a rendering manner. “Sam told me. I just thought you left when I didn’t see you in your room. I guess I know where you were now…” he said smirking.

-”Dad!!” I whined in a whisper when I felt Violet stir a little. He just laughed a little louder.

-”Ok, ok, ok…I’m sorry…so does she know?” he asked gesturing to Vie with his head.

-”Not the details, but…yea.” I said smiling as I stared at her.

-”That’s good. I’m happy for you son.” he said. I looked at him and smiled thankful with his comment. “But..you still have to do the bonfire.” I groaned and he laughed. “Haha..it’s your fault…does she know about imprinting?” he asked a little louder than the whispers we had once been using. I shushed him when I saw Violet groan. She just moved her head towards the other pillow, now slightly away from me. I grimaced.

-”See what you did!” I whispered harshly, he laughed quietly. “No…I haven’t…not yet. Leah mentioned it…before the incident…I’ll tell her at the bonfire…” I trailed off. I forgot that I wasn’t completely out of the fire. I sighed, pushing a few strands of hair out of her face as I caressed her cheek.

-”*sigh*…Tell you what son...” he said loudly. I hushed him again. “Sorry…tell you what…I’ll tell the legends…you just…worry about her.” I looked at him, shocked. I smiled.

-”Thanks dad.” I said smiling.

-”No problem. I‘m here for you.”

-”So…does this mean I get to sleep in here with her?” I asked with this cheesy grin on my face.

-”No offense Jacob, but I’m too young to be a grandpa.” I looked at him with an ‘are you kidding me’ look. He chuckled. “No, Jake. Your room, her room. Got it. No sleeping together. Not in this house.” ‘I have just found a loophole in what he said.’ I thought smiling.

-”Alright dad. You’re the boss.” I said. He nodded and wheeled out.

-”Well you two better get ready, I have to go talk to Emily, want some of her potato salad.” he said grinning. I just chuckled and he rolled himself out. I heard Violet yawn and then felt as she stretched out her arms.

-”Hmm…morning…” she said groggily, still half asleep. I smiled at her.

-”Morning.” She leaned up and pecked my lips smiling.

-”Want *yawn* breakfast?” I smiled at her.

-”You’re tired, I’ll make it.” I was moving away slightly and she got up placing a hand on my chest.

-”No…I’ll do it. I want to. I’m not …that tired.” I chuckled. She tried to hide that yawn that slowly came out.

-”Sure your not.” I told her moving aside the blanket and swinging my feet over the edge of the bed to stand. She did too right after I did.

-”How bout we do it together? Deal?” I pretended to think, but agreed. “So what should we have?”

-”Hmmm…pancakes?” I asked.

-”Sure, sure.” she said. I pretended to glare at her. She had used my line.

-”You know…Your acting too much like me.” I told her smiling, actually happy with how close we’ve gotten.

-”Hmm…maybe I should start hanging out with Paul. You know…to even things out.” she said smirking at me.

-”What?!” I said quickly, my eyes popping out of my head. “Why would you do that?!” I asked quickly. She chuckled her melodious laugh. I couldn’t help but smile nervously, just hearing that sound made me feel good.

-”I was just playing. Besides…I like the way you are.” she said as we were in the kitchen. I just smiled.

-”OK…um…you make the scrambled eggs and I’ll make the bacon and pancakes.” I just nodded going into the fridge. I could hear a little noise. Cabinets opening and closing...things being pushed aside. I looked to Vie and almost shouted.

-”What are you doing?!” ok so I did shout. Vie was really short, well to me she was. The pancake batter was at the highest shelf in the cupboards. She was right now tipp toeing on one of the chairs edges to get to it. She got it and then jumped down.

-”Getting the batter.” she said innocently.

-”Next time…tell me. I don’t want you getting hurt.” I told her with a worried expression on my face.

-”But..I do that all the time. I’m ok now aren’t I?” I just sighed.

-”Yea…you are…just…don’t do that anymore. I’ll move the stuff down a little and if you can’t get something ask me.” I told her. She just nodded smiling.

-”You worry too much. You’d swear I was Bella.” I stopped what I was doing…so did she.

*Violet’s POV*

Shit! Had I just said that out loud?! The second that, that left my lips I stopped pouring the powder into the bowl. Jacob stopped cracking the eggs into his bowl. I knew there was no point in wishful thinking, fooling myself into thinking he hadn’t heard as the name slipped past my defensive silence.

-”How…how do you know Bella?” he didn’t look mad, surprisingly, no he looked confused…scared almost.

-”Um..who…Bella Swan?” he nodded slowly. “You…you told me about her member?” woo…great thinking!

-”I always said her name was Isabella…and I never mentioned her” he said confused.

-”I always knew Bella…I just…I didn’t know which one you were talking about…” I told him. Man it was hard keeping up with all the lies. I knew that if I continued at this rate, I would surely be caught.

-”But you just said I mentioned her too you…so you knew who she was this whole time?” he asked with a look of confusion and suspicion on his face.

-”I just found out her last name…recently….I…I met her at the store…she saw Embry and she said she knew you…I…I never knew it was her you were talking about.” I was doing great at keeping clear of any vamp talk, now to see if I can get out of the bloody fire. (XD..any body else notice the stupidity and irony in that line.)

-”Oh…. okay…so…how do you know her?” at least now his expression with one of just curiosity and… happiness?

-”Oh..um…her mom…we’re……related?” Damn it! I was doing so well. I blew it on the last one. I wasn’t so sure about my excuse.

-”SO your related…to Bella?” he asked. I nodded. “No wonder you guys are so pale!” he shouted smiling like if he figured something important out. I just smiled. On the inside I was thinking ‘…wow…I pulled it off’, that, and ‘I can’t believe he came up with that!’ “Oh…ok cool…so tomorrow we can like…hang out or something! Catch a movie together.” he said happily. I heard him mutter something under hi s breathe along the lines of, ‘I hope she don’t bring the bloodsucker along’ I ignored that comment. I wasn’t too happy going to see yet another..thrilling horror movie.

-”Um…why don’t we get breakfast ready first huh?” I asked. He pouted.

-”Party pooper.” he said childishly.

-”Very mature Jake.” I told him.

-”You wanna see mature watch this…” I saw him dip his hands into the bowl that had the powdery mix. He got a handful, and when I say ‘handful’ I mean handful.

-”Jacob..don’t even…ahha Jake!” I shouted as he threw the powder at my face.

-”hahaha…now you look like those damned leeches!” he said laughing hysterically. I ignored the comment and kept the smile plastered on my face.

-’Oh yea….” I too got an idea. I got the eggs he had and dumped them on his body. The yolk glistened on his skin. “At least we know we can’t fry an egg on you…I said smugly. I saw him reach for the pancake mix and I glared. I began to walk backwards behind the chairs and table, trying to get some distance between us.

-”Jacob don’t you dare! Jake! Jake! Billy!” I shouted. He just grinned.

-”He left early…” he said picking up the box and throwing some on me.

-”Ahhh! Jacob!” I scolded. He just laughed uncontrollably. My clothes were a mess and I could see my hair from the silverware. My hair looked like a complete mess with the white knots in my hair. While he laughed I hurried to get the box he had dropped and began to throw some at him. Unfortunately he was faster and I missed on several occasions. He finally got close enough as he tried to reach for the box and I dumped as much of it as I could on his chest, since I couldn’t reach his head, and he grabbed my wrists.

-”Hahahaha!” the both of us were laughing at how we looked. We looked around and noticed the kitchen, only to resume the laughter.

-”Well…it’s a good thing you said you would do the cleaning.” said Jacob grinning foolishly. I shook my head, slightly giggling.

-”Oh no you don’t you helped make the mess, your helping me clean it up mister.” I told him. He just laughed and pulled me to him, kissing me smack in the lips.

-”Mmm….pancake flavored.” murmured Jacob through the kiss. I giggled and pulled away.

-”Come on….I guess we can go out for breakfast after we clean…since all the pancake mix s all over the floor….” I said taking a glance at the floor.

-”*sigh* fine…come on, we have to hurry though…the bonfire’s tonight.” I noticed he got a little bit hesitant at the end.

-”What’s wrong?” I asked him holding on to his chin to make him look at me.

-”Nothing…just…you’ll see. You don’t worry ok?”

-”I worry if you worry.” I told him.

-”Just…let me worry bout it….I got most of it figured out.” I was confused now.

-”Most of what?” I asked. He kissed my forehead.

-”You’ll see….now come on I’ll get the mop and broom…” He pulled away and went towards the backdoor. I just sighed and began to clean. I’ll have to trust him, if there were more secrets, who was I to judge.