Uncompatible Love

Lost Then Found

Ch. 25: Lost Then Found

*Edward’s POV*( go back 2 ch. 23 & ch. 24 to understand)

I was looking after Bella while she slept. I wanted to ask her a few questions, but withdrew from the idea. Bella came first and from the second that, that mongrel handed Bella over to me she was falling asleep. It was obvious she had a big day, I’d give her time to tell me. If not, I had my own methods of finding out the truth I sought out for. Even if it meant crossing the boarder line. Although I was almost certain it was her. The way that mutt pictured her, with such detail, I was sure it was her. Besides, what were the chances that someone with such close appearance would have the same name. Sure my sister’s name was Violette, but the girl from the wolf’s thoughts was named Violet. They were both the same thing just different pronunciations and in different languages.

The whole time Bella slept I contemplated whether or not I should just barge straight into wolf territory and see the Violette look alike. Although Bella would be upset if an argument , or a war for that matter, where to break loose. It took all my will power to control my anger. I heard Jacob’s thoughts. They were all of her. Just thinking that the girl could be my sister angered me. If he had so much as touched her in anyway I would rip him to shreds and leave him for dead. His enhanced healing would not suffice him this time. Although there was nothing impure about his thoughts, I simply could not stand the fact that there was a possibility that a mutt could be in such proximity with my sister.

I did my best to calm myself, for Bella’s sake. Yet, I could not help but wonder. What did Bella have to do in this? Had she known all along where my sister was? If so, why had she kept it a secret from me and my family? I would have many things to talk about with Bella once she awoke, but for now….I waited. My phone would go off a couple of times, but I thought nothing of it. It was always Alice, however. After a while it was a txt from Alice that was the cause of the vibration’s buzzing. I opened it.

Edward, come home as SOON as possible!

<3Alice Jasper<3

I looked at the clock, the bright numbers taunting me. I still had a few hours before Bella would awake and at the moment that was most important to me. I just had to wait an incredibly long four hours until eight in the morning. I waited, and waited, and waited. Those hours seemed eternal to me, and I should know. I needed answers, and my constant thoughts only tormented me more. The only humor and entertainment I had was in Charlie’s dreams. He either dreamt from him locking me up, or of Bella when she was a little girl. Soon, however, time passed as is intended. Bella stirred and she began to move uncontrollably in the bed. A nightmare. I awoke her.

-”Are you okay Love?” I asked her, holding her close to me.

-”S…she…they were g..gonna k..kill her….and…they…she was….” she was babbling. I could not make much out of it and presumed that it was the usual Victoria nightmare she had been having for a while.

-”It’s okay Love…Victoria isn’t going to kill anybody.” I reassured her.

-”I…I wasn’t dreaming about that….”

-”No? Then what is it?” I asked noticing she could form coherent sentences now.

-”I was…dreaming about the-the third wife. I was there and so was….”

-”So was who Bella?” I asked her, urging her to continue. Bella had told me a bit of the story from last night just before she passed out from exhaustion and I wanted to know just what exactly took place in her dream and who partook in it.

-”All of us…nothing…I’m okay.” she said, just trying to move on to another subject. “Your phones bleeping.”

-”Yes, I know…it’s Alice…I should be going actually. Hurry and dress Love, I’ll be back in a little to come pick you up. Alice wants to talk to me…and I to you.” I told her as I disappeared through her window.

I ran off towards my home, deciding it would be faster on foot then on the Volvo. Alice was already waiting for me outside the home, most likely already seeing that Bella was awake. Although what I did not understand was why everyone else was there. I tried to read their minds, but they had all put up a wall, their heads clear of thoughts. I looked towards Alice who greeted me telepathically, the others did the same thing.

-”What was it Alice?” I asked her. Jasper stepped to the left of her, wrapping his arm around her waist.

-”Alice had a vision.” he spoke for her. Alice only nodded and thought about it, showing me first hand what it was about. It was Bella’s graduation, suddenly things got dark. It didn’t add up, then it hit me. The wolves. My eyes darkened.

-’That’s not all.’ Alice thought to me, showing me another vision she had. This time we were in the house and we were all in the living room. There was a person sitting on the white couch and her face was buried in her hands. We could see her shaking her head. That hair……it was her. I suddenly got filled with rage. It was her all along! That mutt had kept her from me! What if they were keeping her hostage from us?! Was this all Jacob’s idea? Was this his way of getting back at me for taking Bella?! The mere idea send waves of immense anger through me. Jasper surprised by the hostile emotions, was quick to interfere. I was calm once again.

-”It’s her.” I looked to Rosalie. She looked angry. “They suggest we wait to see what happens, before we approach her.” she said snearing at the others. I read her thoughts. She just didn’t like the fact that we were going to just sit around and wait for Violette to come to us, instead of going out there to find her.

-”I know where she is.” I told them.

-”What?! Where?!” they asked, Rosalie’s voice above the others. I was angry again and I hissed out.

-”We have to wait.” they were all shocked by my attitude, except Jasper of course who once again tried to calm me. I thanked him and he nodded his head. Rosalie was in front of me instantly and Emmett tried his best to hold her back from attacking me.

-”Let me go Emmett!” she hissed. “I’m not going to hurt him!” Emmett slowly and reluctantly loosened his grip on her. Rose was now in my face. “You may not care about her anymore, but I do and if you don’t tell me this instant where she is Edward so help me….”

-”Rose!” Esme called to her.

-”I do care for her,” I said calmly. “But I also care for Bella.” I told her.

-”What does that girl have to do with anything?! This is all her fault!” I hissed at her.

-”Rose…” Emmett warned her, pulling her back.

-”No it’s not…but…I have to go…” I began to run back, I only heard Rosalie call back to me once before I was too far away.

-”Edward! Edward get back here! Edward I’m going to….” and that was it.

I made it to where I had left my car and got in, driving off to Bella’s house. My hands tightened around the wheel when I saw the intersection to La Push. I knew where she was so why wasn’t I going straight over there? No, I knew the answer to my own question. If Violette was over there, then that meant Bella knew all along where she was. I needed to know why she had kept this from me. I was so focused on my thoughts that I hardly acknowledged the fact that I was going faster than even I would normally go to Bella’s house. I swerved to a stop and was glad when I did not see Charlie’s cruiser there. Bella opened the door and looked at me when I got out, following me with her gaze as I went around the car, I had parked the car real close to their home. I guess I cut it close.

-”Edward? What’s wrong?” she asked me.

-”We need to talk Bella?” She stiffened as the words escaped my lips. She just nodded, mouth agape, and opened the door wider for me to enter. I sat down on the sofa and she followed suit.

-”Bella I…”-”Edward I…” The both of us spoke at once. I decided to let her speak first and stayed silent. She did not speak up, instead she would just stare at the floor.

-”Your breaking up with me aren’t you?” she asked. I was shocked and confused by her question. I sighed and scooted closer to her.

-”No Bella. Why would you think that?” I asked, hoping to get something out of her. I would have needed a pretty good reason to ever break up with her, so maybe if she was inquiring that I would then there had to be something she was hiding.

-”W…well, usually w...when s…someone says t…that, they w…want to break up.” She stuttered.

-”No Bella, I’m not breaking up with you…I just need to talk.” she sighed out in relief and scooted as close as she could to me. “It’s about yesterday…Jacob, actually.” she stiffened again.

-”W…what about Jacob?” she asked.

-”and my sister.” I told her, her eyes widened.

-You know d…don’t you?” she asked me. I nodded.

-”It’s her, isn’t it?” I asked, this time she nodded her head. “You knew all this time?” she didn’t answer. “Bella…*sigh* you knew how important my sister is to all of us. How could you hide the truth from us.” I asked, surprisingly calm.

-”I…I…I’m sorry.” she began crying, I could see as the crystal tears slid down her rosy cheeks. I put my hand on her cheek, using my thumb to wipe away the tears.

-”Why Bella?” I asked simply, and quietly.

-”I..I-She…..” she was rambling on again, and she stopped to breath in. I patted her back and she tried to calm down. “I….I promised her….I wouldn’t” she said slowly. I was confused.

-”Wouldn’t what?”

-”She…didn’t want to…to be found…but…I wasn’t going to keep it from you. I told her to t…tell y…you. She said she was, but then she didn’t and…that’s w…why I went to talk to her….she says she…l…lo…” she had a hard time saying the last bit of information. “She said she l…loves….J..Ja…” I didn’t need her to finish to know what she was about to say. It all made sense. Some how that stupid wolf managed to imprint on her. I was beyond angry. “Edward?” asked Bella, shaking my hand slowly to get my attention. I was so angry, I could feel my eyes show my inner animal.

-”I need to go Bella.” I told her standing up and heading over to my car. I drove it over to the house and Alice was there still.

-”Edward! What’s wrong?! Why is Bella crying?” she franticly asked.

-”Edward? Are you okay?” asked Jasper, and soon the others came outside.

-”I’m fine. I need to hunt. Alice go to Bella and bring her here. I’ll be right back.” I didn’t even turn around to see her response, I already knew it. I heard her thoughts, however, as I ran into the woods. ‘What’s going on?’ that’s what I wanted to know.

*Alice’s POV* (yay! Come on, who doesn’t love the pixie-like vamp^-^)

What’s going on? What could be happening to have Edward so worked up? I was just parking the Pourche in Bella’s drive way. I could hear her crying. I stayed in the car, trying to see if anything came up. All I saw was Edward hunting, Jasper would catch up to him and show him the game we found yesterday, some large buck. Rose would be screaming at Bella soon, for whatever reason. Bella, would be apologizing. Then the graduation party and…nothing. Damn it! Why does this keep happening?! I only know two reasons why that could happen. One, Violette would be near, trying to mess with my visions. Two, the wolves would be coming to pay us a visit soon. I would ask Bella if she invited them.

I figured that since most things seem to be revolving around Bella, I would ask her. Another problem among the many I have to look out for now. We’re already all stressed out about Victoria. We can’t let anything happen to Bella because of us. We brought her into our world, and we need to protect her. I took in an unnecessary amount of air and stepped out of the car, making my way to the door. I knocked hard, but got no answer. I knocked a few more times and nothing. I could here Bella’s loud sobbing and frowned. I went around and got in easily through her window, making my way downstairs.

-”Bella?”

-”Huh! Alice!” She asked frightened. I frowned, I had scared her. That wasn’t too smart on my part.

-”Bella. Oh Bella, what’s going on?” I asked rushing to sit next to her on the couch.

-”I…I…Edward’s mad at me!” she said, burring her face in her hands.

-”Oh Bella…Edward can never be mad at you.” I told her.

-”But he is!” she said. “I…it’s all my fault Alice…what if...what if he tries to hurt Jacob. Oh my God! Jacob!” she shouted standing up abruptly.

-”Bella, calm down, honey? Come on Bella, relax.” I tried to relax her as she began to get extremely paranoid and frantic.

-”Alice, what if there’s a war?!” she was in hysterics now.

-”Why would there be a war Bella, I don’t see anything and…………I don’t see anything…..” I whispered out.

-”You see!” she shouted. “Oh this is all my fault…I should have just told him…but I promised Alice! I promised her.”

-”Who Bella?”

-”mmmm…” she murmured, inaudible with her biting her nails. I asked my question again, this time she removed her hands. “Violette.”

-”What?” I thought about it, it made some sense. Maybe it wasn’t the wolves messing with my visions. I already had a vision that we would see her….at least I was at 98% sure it was her. Although, then why would Bella be worried about Jacob and the other Native boys. “Bella…what promise?” I asked, now holding her in place so that she would stop pacing.

-“I…I said I wouldn’t tell you guys where she was…she wanted to be happy with…Jacob.” My eyebrows crinkled slightly. Then my eye’s widened. Another vision.

I could see Violette now. She’d be crying and then me, Esme and Rose would be holding her. Edward would be in front of her as she shouted at him. The rest of the boys would just watch as Edward spoke so calmly. Then Violette would shake her head no and try to run off. Edward would cut her off and she’d get angrier. She wasn’t using her full abilities? She’d hit at his chest and crumble to the floor crying, and Emmett would pick her up. Then she’d push away from us and try again to run off. I don’t know how she did what she did next, but I could tell she had been working with he powers because next she just teleported out of the house and made a run for it. Edward wouldn’t catch her and then things would get black. Either she’d make it to the other side, or she was focusing me out of her future.

-”Bella…I need you to tell me exactly what you know about Violette. It’s very important Bella. Violette…she’s a lot more fragile than we thought. Do you remember the Volturi?” she nodded her head. “Well if the Volturi do come, it’s important that she be with us. They know, or think, that she’s a vampire. If they knew what she really was, the consequences could be bad for all of us. She’s always been smart and used her powers at just the right moments when Aro would look into our minds. Always blocking out what we didn’t want him to know, but not so much that he would suspect her powers.”

-”I don’t understand” she said.

-”VIolette has to be with us if they come, and fully vampire. If not, and Aro is with the other Volturi guard, she could be in danger.” I told her.

-”B…but she doesn’t know about the fight….unless…she knows…oh no oh no oh no!” she covered her face with her hands as she slumped down on the sofa.

-”Bella…please tell me…I need to get you back to my house soon.” I told her. She looked at me for some time, but nodded. She told me all she knew. I was surprised to know that she had known for some time now, actually we were quite lucky Bella had run into her at the store. She told me about the deal the two made and how after Violette didn’t approach us, she approached her. Then about how she thought she was with the wolf, Embry. I sighed out in releif when she said she was wrong.

-”Um…that’s not all.” I looked at her. “She’s not with Embry, but…”

-”But what Bella?” I encouraged her to continue.

-”She and Jacob…they’re….an item now.” she told me. My eyes widened.

-”What?” I whispered out, unable to believe it. “Out of all the boys she’s ever met…a wolf?” I was mainly talking and questioning myself at this point. I just couldn’t comprehend how she could have fallen for a wolf. It was in our nature to, well at least not get along with them. Hate seemed like too strong a word, so yea. It wasn’t that I didn’t like them, it was just strange to be in the same room with them. They were good boys, I mean they were even kind enough as to help us protect Bella, but…I don’t know. Would we really tolerate one as our brother-in-law?

This must have been what Edward was so mad about. Bella must have told him. The news that his little sister had finally found herself someone must have hit home. He never thought anyone was good enough for poor Violette, let alone a wolf. I smiled, however. She was happy, right? She was old enough, mature enough, to make her own decisions. If she was always so picky it was for a reason. If this boy made it on her check list then, why not? Yet, I doubted the others would think the same.

There was Esme, who would probably see it just like I did. Carlise would probably be a little sad that she was finally growing up, but would be happy for her nonetheless. Emmett, however? How would he take it? He always made jokes about her and her future mate, but never took it seriously. When it really came down to her even considering someone, he tried to scare off, or intimidate who ever it was. Jasper, oh no, Jasper! He would be upset as well. Emmett and Jasper also played a big role as the big brothers. Jasper just used his powers to help get rid of who ever was foolish enough to mess, or even think about trying to be with Violette. Rosalie, there was no doubt she’d be outraged for not being told sooner. Then, a mutt, as she put it? She’d never be okay with that. Edward….with Edward it’d be like ten times as worse as Emmett, Jasper, and Rosalie’s wrath put together.

-”What did you tell Edward Bella?” I asked.

-”That..*sniff* that Violette, *sniff* loves Jacob….” That explains why he was so worked up, but too get that angry over that.

-”It makes no sense why would he be mad?” I asked myself out loud.

-”I…I think I know…” Bella poke up.

-”What is it? I mean this wouldn’t be the first time she went out with someone, but….”

-”Jacobimprintedonher!” He imprinted on her?!

-“What?!” I had heard from Edward what imprinting was. I suppose it was the wolves’ way of finding their cantante.

-Yea…then he got really mad…I didn’t even tell him, but I think…”

-”He put one and two together….oh no…Edward’s probably thinking the worst at this pint Bella!” I told her.

-”I know! I just…I told her to come see us soon. She agreed….she said she’d come see us on the day of the graduation party…”

-”But my vision…it was the day before that.” SHe shrugged her shoulders, confused now too. Then it hit me. Theses were Violette and Bella’s plans before Edward discovered the truth. Before any of us did. I tried to concentrate my powers on Edward, trying to see what would happen any time this week. It’d be routine. We’d all go to school. We’d prepare for graduation, go over plans for the fight…but then I noticed that everyday he would go out and scan over the border line. He was looking for her. Hoping to run into her, or at least the wolves I presumed. “He’s looking for her.”

-”Edward?” asked Bella. I nodded. ”What do we do?” she asked.

-”*sigh* for now, we have to get going. The others need to know what’s going to happen and you need to calm Edward. Oh and before we go…stay close to me or Edward.” I warned her.

-”Why?” she asked.

-”Rosalie.” was all I said as she gulped, nodding and understanding. With that we headed out.

*Violet’s POV*(this is how her morning went)

All night I had dreamt of the legends. This time, however, they weren’t as horrific. It was a lot more romantic. It was my life I think. Maybe a premonition? Although I doubted that theory, I was still after all human at the moment. I yawned and stretched my arms only to realize I was being detained. I felt Jacob’s arms bring me closer to his chest and I smiled. He had come back, when I wasn’t sure, but he came back nonetheless. I decided not to wake him and snuggled closer into his chest. I felt his chest shake and I could suddenly hear him chuckling.

-”Mm… that tickles you know?”

-”Jacob, where you pretending to be asleep?”

-”Maybe…” I laughed softly as I saw him smiling, his eyes still closed.

-”Come on, time to wake up. Besides I need to make breakfast. Your dad’s probably starving.” I said pushing against his chest.

-”I don’t want you to get up.” he whined holding me tighter towards his chest. I laughed and smacked his chest giving off a childish shriek. I kept trying and he’d only peek at me and smile. He was trying not to laugh at my pathetic attempts at freedom. I gave up and let out a frustrated sigh. I felt his chest rumble from his laughter. I rolled my eyes, but then thought of something. I snuggled closer to his chest, hugging back. My plan was working as I felt his grip loosen, most likely thinking I had rendered to his actions. I kissed his chest, abs and pecks. He let go and brought my face to his and kissed my lips. I kissed back, making it look good. The kiss began to get steamed and I felt his tongue begging for entrance to my mouth. I pulled back abruptly, bouncing off the bed. I laughed when I felt my butt hit the floor. Jake peeked over looking at me.

-”Hey!” he whined.

-”Ha ha…you should have…haha…seen your…ha…face.” I shouted. For some reason I found this entirely funny.

-”You realize your on the ground right?” he said trying not to laugh, most likely at my stupidity. I soon got my laughter under control to the point where they were just small intakes of breathe.

-”Yea but…I’m out.” I told him, picking myself up. It hit him what I was trying to do and pouted, swinging his long legs over the edge. I shrieked again and ran into the kitchen.

-”Woh! What’s going on?” asked Billy who I almost ran into. I was giggling again as Jacob came down grumbling. “Hey son.”

-”Hey Pop….you get back up there, you played dirty. We‘re not finished. You started it, now I‘m ending it.” He said looking at me and pointing to the stairs. I shook my head smiling.

-”Wow…now I know I’m a bit grey in the hair, but I’m pretty sure that sounded a bit….out there. Now don’t go making me a grandpa this early got it.” I blushed, clearing my throat and stepping away from Billy.

-”W-we w-weren’t doing any-thing honest.” I stuttered. He chuckled a bit, while Jacob blushed as well nudging his dad.

-”Dad…come on, really?”

-”Haha…no I know, I know. I know this kid’s got some smarts in that brain of hers.” he said motioning to me. “Don’t worry Violet, I know you better than that.” he said winking. Some thing told me his words had a double meaning, but I just nodded and smiled. Me and Billy often talked when Jacob was out on patrols during the day.

-”Yea well…what ever. I’m hungry.” Jacob said, rubbing his stomach I laughed.

-”When aren’t you?” I told him sticking my tongue out at him.

-”Ha ha…very funny.” I giggled. “How bout some bacon, and eggs, and sausage links, and pancakes, and…”

-”How bout I cook anything we have?” I asked figuring that list was never going to end. He just nodded his head.

-”I’ll just have coffee please.” said Billy nodding reaching out for a bit of bread from the pantry. I cooked, occasionally having to smack Jake’s hand away from the food. We ate in silence. I saw Billy reading something and read the back of it. It was the Seattle killings. I noticed Billy put it down, the front having a picture of some baseball game. I was going to get it in a second.

-”I’m going to take a shower and then we can go to Port Angels. You need something to wear for Bella’s right?” Inside I was sighing and screaming ‘why?!!’ but I nodded to him. He went upstairs and Billy wheeled himself to the living room turning on the tv.

I scanned through the paper. I knew it wasn’t some deranged human going on a killing spree. It had to be newborns. Could this be the work of that Victoria? Jacob had updated me on my “cousin/family friend’s” situation. I knew a lot about it anyways from when my actual family told me in the beginning. I had to find a way to tell them. I was worried about not only my vampire family, but my werewolf companions. What would become of them? I knew that they protected their people, but would they protect a friend from foreign lands, well not so foreign lands actually.

I knew the answer and that’s what scared me. Jacob told me they don’t know anything about the whereabouts of this deranged woman. So I highly doubted they had come to the same conclusion as me. It was her. I needed to prepare Bella for this, I would call once I was alone. I also knew I had to brush up on my fighting skills. I didn’t know if it would come to it, but still. Better safe than sorry, right? I just needed to go about this the right way, and I think I already know just how to do it.