Uncompatible Love

Practice makes perfect

Ch. 26: Practice Makes Perfect*start*

*Violet’s POV*

It was raining today, the air even felt moist when it went into my lungs. I was watching a movie, being held by Jacob’s arms. Billy was over at Sue’s since he thought I needed a break. I complained, but him and Jacob tag teamed on me and I lost that debate. So here I am now, in my boyfriends arms, watching the time travelers wife on paper view (pretend its out cause I already watched that movie w/ my bf =P). I was crying silently and anytime I let out a sniff or sob Jacob would kiss my cheek or forehead. Although the rainy weather made the house chilly, I was perfectly fine on the couch with Jacob. He was much warmer than any electric blanket would have been. The movie soon ended and I leaned slightly away from Jacob so that I was just sitting on his lap.

-”What’s wrong? It wasn’t that sad.” I sniffled and pushed his shoulder.

-”Oh yea Mr. Big Bad Werewolf? Well then how would you feel if that were you and me?” I asked him. He thought about it and then got serious, but then shook it off.

-”That can’t ever happen. Come on, seriously? Time traveling?” he asked in a ‘are you serious’ tone.

-”Oh yes, because we live in a non fictional world where werewolves and vampires and fantasy don’t exist.” I said dabbing my eyes with my shirt. He paused, thinking about it. He shut his mouth. “I thought so.” I told him giggling. He brought me back to his chest.

-”Ok, so it was sad.” he said and kissed my eyes and hugged me tightly.

-”Aren’t you a big softy.” I told him laughing. He pouted. “Aww…I’m sorry.’ I kissed his lips and he placed his hand behind my head, getting into the kiss. He must have tried to turn me around because we fell to the ground, me on top of him. I tried to pull away to see if he was ok, but he just shook his head. “But, you ok?”

-”Mhm.” he mumbled, still kissing me. We stayed put, kissing intensely. I was even trying to see if maybe I could get Jacob back on the couch, the floor couldn‘t be that comfortable, but it didn‘t matter because Jacob wouldn‘t let up on the kiss or make out session. I pulled away from him when I heard someone knock.

-”Hey! Enough lip locking! Jake! Open the door!” I heard multiple voices yelling different things. I got up off of him and fixed my hair and bangs away from my face. Jacob growled and I heard the boys laugh, most likely hearing him. I was about to get up, but when I placed my hands on the table to get up Jacob tugged me down.

-”Jake!” I whined making sure to be as quiet as possible. “They know we’re here.”

-”So?” he asked in a hushed whisper. He tried to bring me to his chest to kiss me again, but I pulled back.

-”They’ll hear.” I tried convincing him to stop.

-”No they won’t” I knew he didn’t believe that.

-”You don’t even believe that Jake.”

-”Yes I-”

-”Yea! We can hear!”

-”Shit I can hear ‘em makin out!” I recognized that as Jared. I shook my head and got up this time.

-”Come on. You don’t know if its important.”

-”It’s the guys, when is it ever important?” He asked, still on the ground.

-”You never know maybe Sam…” I heard Jacob growl, “what….”

-”Don’t even think about it Quil….” I heard laughing behind me and I jumped back the second I turned. It was the guys, Quil was just trying to startle me, which he did manage to do. Jacob growled again, now getting up. “I don’t remember hearing anyone say come in.” Jacob said, still growling.

-”Haha. Easy Jake. We came in through the back door, it was open.” said Embry.

-”Yea, besides Sam wants us. It’s the leeches again.” I could almost hear the hostility in Paul’s voice at the mention of the leeches, all playfullness completely erased. I even felt my own distate for the word show as my eyebrow twitched. Why do they have to call us leeches? They don’t hear my family calling them mutts. On second thought, never mind.

-”Yea…” said Seth. “Come on, this is the first time I get too come with Leah too.”

-”Aww man…is it ok babe?” asked Jacob. The boys, except Jared and Quil, bickered making whipping noises. I nodded. “You sure, I know I promised a movie night, but…”

-”No! No! It’s ok…I don’t mind. I understand. Go, you’ll just have to make it up to me, ok?” he nodded and I just kissed his cheek.

-”K bye, see you at….” he looked to the guys. They all shrugged.

-”Sam said it was serious this time so I’m guessing a while, but let’s go.” All of them turned serious now. Jacob nodded and turned to kiss my lips.

-”Awww…” they all taunted as they exited the door.

-”Oh shut up, your just hating cause my girl’s…” I couldn’t hear the rest as they disappeared into the trees. I smiled and touched my lips. They were swollen from earlier. I walked back into the living room and sat on the couch, skimming through the channels. I had finished cleaning earlier and there was nothing to do so I settled for a cheesy movie. A news cast came on and it was about the Seattle killings, again. That reminded me.

I ran to my room, taking out my cell phone. I wrote a message to Bella, asking her to meet me at the border line. As I was about to push the send button, I got an idea. I was just about to lead my family into what could be a dangerous fight between two covens. I wanted nothing more than to be able to help them. So help them I shall. After the night at the bonfire, I had only practiced my powers once. It wasn’t as good as I expected. I only lasted five minutes that time. Then again it has been a month and three weeks since I’ve fed. I though about going for a snack while the boys were at their meeting. I had the perfect oppertunity. Latley my powers weren’t the only thing I had been practicing. I was getting a hang at lying, not that it was a good thing. I was disappointed in myself, but it was for a good cause.

I went back downstairs and got the house phone. I marked Emily’s phone and waited patiently as the phone rang. A deep gruff voice answered. “Hello?” It was Sam. I assumed Emily was out, which only benefited me If she was. That way they wouldn’t ask me to take her.

-”Hey Sam. Is Jacob there yet?”

-”No not yet…wait, here they come. Hang on.” I heard shuffling throught the other line and other voices conversing on the other end.

-”mhm.”

-”Here.” I heard Sam tell who I presumed was Jacob/

-”Who is it?” I heard Jacob ask.

-”Violet.” came Sam’s simple reply.

-”Hey baby, what’s up?” I could hear his voice, he was both worried and confused. I mean he had just left.

-”Hey I was thinking, I kind of need some clothes and stuff, so I was wondering if I could go to Port Angels?”

-”Um….I don’t know Vie…can’t someone go with you?” He asked.

-”Um…I would ask, but Kim’s out of town and Leah’s with you. Sue’s over with your dad and Emily….”

-”Hey Sam?!” I could hear Jacob shouting.

-”Yea!” Sam’s voice shouted back.

-”Is Emily here?!” Jake asked. I was crossing my fingers, hoping she wasn’t.

-”No! She’s at the Makah Rez!” I heard Jacob sigh.

-”Ok then…just-be back as early as you can k?”

-”Mhm. I will. Bye, love you.” I said smiling and content that my plans would not be ruined.

-”Hey, Wait!” I stopped myself from pressing the talk button to end the call. “It’s raining hard outside. I think you should wait until it clears up.” I needed the rain to mask my sent.

-”Aww…but Jake! Right now it might not be as crowded!” I whined, trying to be convincing. He was still silent and I could hear him sighing a lot. ”Besides, Bella’s graduation is almost here and I need an outfit.” I hated bringing that up, especially since I was trying to avoid going at all, but still. I heard him sigh one final time before he spoke again.

-”Fine, but take my car.” I jumped, cheering on the inside.

-”Ok, thank you!” we said goodbye and I hung up. I ran to my room again. I got out the thickest jacket I had. It was summer, but due to the rain it got extremely cold. I got out a brown jacket with fur around the hood and inside it. It was cute and I put on some matching brown boots. I ran downstairs and got Jake’s keys. I had to park it somewhere where they wouldn’t see it and go somewhere off their lands and off mine.

I drove off to port Angels and parked the car there. I got out and ran for cover. I looked at the store near where I had parked the car. It was a simple coffee shop, Starbucks. I just walked under the cover of the buildings, into the forest. As soon as I was far enough, I walked North. I walked for a bit, rembering this place I saw the first time I came to Washington. It was a small cave, that was just big enough for me to squeeze through. I did and I removed my boots and jacket, thanks to the trees I wasn’t too wet. I felt my socks get a bit moist under the cold stone and took them off along with my long sleeve. I let my black tank top on though, but folded up the bottom of my jeans then stepped outside.

I could feel my feet touch the moist soil, the mud under my weight made me sink slightly in. I sneezed and stumbled a bit. If I didn’t turn soon I would surely get a cold, and Jacob would never let me out again. I felt my hair getting damp along with my clothes and I shook my hair. I laughed and began to run, still human. I decided to try changing while I ran. I tried, but I wanted to stop anytime I did. I was about to give up on the fifth count, baby steps, but I got it. I laughed out loud and ran at full speed, now part vampire. I jumped up high, catching a branch high above a tree. I began to climb and once I reached the top I jumped.

I felt the impact as my legs wobbled a little, but I quickly regained my balance. I tried to feel around me. I could feel the vibrations of running game. Deer, no elk? I wasn’t sure so I sniffed. No It was deffinetly deer. I ran in that direction and stopped. I wanted to try out my powers. I closed my eyes, trying to see into a doe’s life. I could see that she would try and run west. I ran at it and it id, but I caught it. I was gentle and I could feel that it was scared. I felt bad and let it go. Wait! I felt it’s emotions this time. I began to get wobbly though right after I made that conclusion. I fell and landed hard on my backside. I shook it off as I stood. I needed to feed. I saw an elder deer farther away. It was about average size, but it would have to do. I was quick on my meel. Cathing it and ending its suffering quickly. I fed quickly too. It was like quenching my thirst, no like finally reaching an itch you just couldn’t reach. I was quick to pray for the poor beast and placed the carcass in plain view, so that an carnivore would find it.

I ran again for as long as I could. I noticed a sign, and I smirked. I was close to Canada and I made it in about an hour. I smiled and spent my time running back. I had been in this form for about two or so hours. I had done good for the day, but I wanted to try more. I had just found out that when I recently feed, my outcomes are better. That when I need it, I can use the powers I had learned. I already had down Edward and Alice’s abilities in this form and now I could add on Edwards. I ran East and came upon a small pond. I extended my hand and touched the water. The water rippled quickly and wildly. I had Kate’s power down, I could now channel electric currents through my arm, although they were small. There was one I really wanted to try out. I thought about the car. Where it was parked and everything. I closed my eyes and then opened them. Nope it didn’t work,I’m still in the forest. I turned around sighing, beginning to feel dizzy. I turned, but I almost walked into the cave.

Perhaps Jen’s power did work just not to it’s full extent. Maybe I could use al my powers just not completely. I hoped I could work at it and improve on that too. Be a vampire and human like I’m meant to be. I had tried so hard as a child to only be one that I cant even rember ever being both with ought having it be a hassle. I would get over that though. I just hope I can get over it in time to protect my family. Although now that training was coming along, how would I explain to Jake and the others if I did have to fight. They would surely see me. I would have to freshen up on my lies. Practicing endlessly from now on I guess. I thought that I had ben out enough and Jacob would try and come. I ran inside the cave and changed back to human. I put on back the stuff I removed and ran back at human pace to the car. The rain was lightening up so that it was a very light drizzle.

I got to the car and then it hit me. I came here to get a dress and I was going back empty handed. Damn it! I need to think things for the long term. I checked the time on the car. It was already 5. Wow. So I had been like this for four hours, not two. I smiled greatly as I drove around Port Angels. I didn’t really find a store that caught my interest so I just drove back home. I was a bit wet, but I think I can get back home and shower before Jacob get’s back. I think

*Jacob’s POV*

I got back from the stupid meeting and patroling. We would have to meet up with the leeches soon. Sam actually encouraged me to go to Bella’s graduation too, but I knew that was only for me to get info on what’s been going on. Not that I mind. I needed an excuse to take Violet out. A party seemed like a great way to relax, if only the house wasn’t going to have stupid parasites in it. I pulled on my shorts and noticed my shirt was soaked, but so was my hair and shorts. I would just go inside and take a shower.

When I came out into the open I noticed the RABBIT still wasn’t there. It was getting dark and I was getting worried. I would give Violet one more hour before I paniced and lecture her. I went inside and got dry clothes from my room. I checked the time 5:15. Ok I’d take a very quick shower then go look for her. I’m sure Embry or one of the guys can give me a ride. I went over to the bathroom and prepped the water.

*Vioet’s POV*(I kno jake’s POV was short, but I felt like I had to add him so yea)

I was almost near La Push when something caught my attention. Jacob had showed me the boarder line once, to prevent any accidental crossing on my part. Right near a tree that helped mark the divide, I noticed something blur by. Now I could fel that stupid itch come back. I just needed to check out what it was. Or who. I stopped the car and got out. Inside my head I was screaming at myself. ‘Aww come on! This is just like those stupid horror movies!’ I knew that this wasn’t going to end well. SO why was going? I stepped into the small part of trees that began to cover the road. I walked to the tree. I was shocked at what I saw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TO Be Continued~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Immedietly XP) Hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a dress.It was wrapped inside those space bag things. I looked around. From what I could tell the dress was a nice royal blue. I picked it up off the branch and walked over to the car. I closed the door and locked it. ‘Ok, now I’m being careful’ I argued with myself. I opened the bag and tok out the dress. It was beautiful. It was about average in length and it was halter with a silver sequence around the neck and clevage area. It was simple, yet beautiful. I liked it. I put it back into the back, well tried. I was trying to hold it and put it back but the stupid bag was sticking together. I blew air into it and I dropped the dress. I sighed, frustrated. I was still a little frecked out as to how it got there. Yet, that question would be answered soon I think. I found a piece of paper on the bottom, under the dress. It must have fallen when I took out the dress. I picked it up and set aside the dress and bag.

Hope this helps. Next time, try to be

more careful whith who’s watching you.

There was a small heart at the bottom and an elegant looking heart with far too much detail with an “A” in the middle. I peared into the forest. Alice…… She knew. I knew I could count on her. Although she gave me more than just this dress. She gave me advice. I should be more careful. Just because the wolves couldn’t see me doesn’t mean that Alice can’t and if Alice can then Edward can. I just hoped he wasn’t around when Alice had the vision. I looked to the dress then back at the piece of paper in hand. If she knew, who else did. She knew I was going o the party, that much was evident. I had to go now. There was absolutely no way I could get out of going. I would. I put the note in my pocket and drove home.

I parked the car in the garage, the rain now gone. I got the dress out and ran to the house, careful not to slip. I closed the door. I didn’t hear anything. Maybe I was in the clear. I tok the dress upstairs and began to take off some of my clothes when I got inside. I was trying to be quick and get inside, so Jake wouldn’t see me wet. I got some closes, towle and other essentials and headed to the shower. I opened the door and……..