Uncompatible Love

Cold

Ch.36: COLD

*Violet’s POV*

-”Vie. Vie” Someone was whispering and nudging me awake. I knew who it was once I breathed in his heavenly scent. I opened my eyes, the sun not even out yet. Since the light didn’t come in through the curtains. I gave Jacob a sleepy smile and his warm tender lips connected with my forehead.

-”Morning.” I said, my voice still groggy. “What-what time is it?” I asked, rubbing at my eyes.

-”5:30. We need to get going. Are you still tired?” I made a ‘so-so’ motion with my hand. I felt him put his arms under my body as he lifted me up. “I’ll just carry you then.” I smiled at him and pecked his lips.

-”No, it’s okay. I have to change anyways. I have a feeling Bella’s going to need a few things to.” I had, had a vision where Bella was freezing her little tail off. I felt bad so I figured since my brother wouldn’t exactly help in that case, I’d take her a few extra blankets and sweaters. My vision consisted of Jacob having to warm her up, and well-I got jealous, plain and simple.

-”Ok. Hurry though. Sam’s waiting.” He placed my feet gingerly on the ground and went downstairs. I tried to be quick about it, finding any old sweater and tennis shoes I wouldn’t mind getting trashed. I had found a hiking bag and through a lot of things in there, but nothing that would draw the attention of the newborns. Just water bottles, blankets and sweaters. And a safety kit. Okay, so I was being paranoid with all the bandages and antiseptics I placed inside the bag, but you never know. I don’t want anyone to get hurt. “Ready?” Jacob was at the door again and I had just swung the bag on my shoulders, which might I add was so big it was practically half my size if not more. “um…do you need any help there?” I shook my head no and walked over to him.

-”And Billy and the girls?” I asked referring to the imprints

-”Billy’s in charge of getting Charlie out of the house so their somewhere away from here, don’t worry and the girls are being watched by Collin and Brady.” I nodded and took a hold of his hands. “Come on.” he tugged at my hand a little and we went out back after locking every door and window, just in case. Not like it would help much if it was a vampire, but still.

-”Jacob, Violet.” Sam nodded to us and I waved, while Jacob just nodded his head back. I saw behind him was Seth. “Seth, go with them. You know what to do.” Seth’s furry head nodded and I saw the tousles of sandy colored fur bounce around his head. “Jacob, Violet, we’ll meet you both there later.” Jacob nodded and Sam quickly ran behind a tree and the last I saw was a onyx black wolf zip past trees.

-”Wait right here okay?” Jacob spoke into my ear. I nodded. “Seth.” Seth must have known what to do since he stepped right next to me while Jacob went to change behind a tree. I rolled my eyes, but smiled, thinking his over protectiveness was cute. Next thing I knew a russet, brick colored wolf popped out behind the tree, with clothes hanging from a thick black cord. He walked up to me, nuzzling me. I smiled and pet his fur. Jacob looked like a giant teddy bear when he did that. I petted behind his ear and I heard him purr almost, I laughed.

-”I thought only cat’s purr?” I laughed, kissing his nose and continuing to pet his head. I saw Seth’s wolf body wrack and strange noise emit from his throat, he was laughing. Jacob semi growled at him and he stopped. I only laughed and whispered an apology, he just licked my cheek and I laughed whipping off the saliva and cleaning my hand on his fur. “Ew, Jacob come on!” Seth barked and Jacob shook his head.

Why was it I couldn’t hear their thoughts again. I think my head had a mind of it’s own. My powers were out of control and did what they pleased. I just hope I could get them to work when the newborns come. Jacob knelt down on the floor and I climbed on top. Jacob already guessed my weight, so I guess when I smacked the bag down on his back, he was a little shocked. The damn bag probably weighed more than I did! “sorry.” I said cheeky. I went on top of him and I gently leaned forward, wrapping my arms around his furry neck. He gave my head a small nudge before Seth took off and we did too. I must have dozed off because Jacob started nudging my arm again and I got off. He went to go change afterwards.

-”Why’d we stop?” I asked him, knowing this wasn’t where we agreed to meet.

-”Your brother’s up ahead. I think he’s going to want to talk to us.” Jacob’s face was hard and I nodded, I took a deep breath and started walking in the direction of our camp sight. Jacob, who could walk faster than I with his long legs, caught up to me and held my hand. He probably still thinks I’ll get lost or something in here. “He’s talking to Bella. He can smell us too.” he spoke in my ear, as light as possible. I took a deep breathe, and tried to feel some kind of rush enter my body, hoping I could let my senses work a little bit better.

-”I know Bella, I know. I won’t Don’t worry love.” it had worked, I smiled and started walking a little faster. “Yes, I brought them.”

-”Don’t be mad at her, and don’t hurt Jacob okay?” I could hear mousy Bella’s voice. Edward must have nodded since I herd no response. Jacob’s hand squeezed mine a bit tighter, most likely hearing them too. “Violet, Jacob.” Bella acknowledged us and came over to greet us with a hug. I returned it and it was awkward with Edward just staring at us both. I looked my brother in the eye and he just looked away, I bowed my head.

-”Jacob, carry Bella to the sight. I’ll take Violette, so the leaches don’t catch our scent with you.” Jacob looked at me, unsure. “I’m not going to do anything to her Jacob. Just concentrate on getting Bella there safely will you?” Edward spoke, bitterly now. I just smiled at Jacob and nodded, giving him one lingering kiss on the lips. I saw him pick up Bella from the knees and I won’t lie, I grew jealous. Next thing I knew Edward picked me up piggy-back style and was off running. It didn’t last long. He put me down and we began to walk when he stopped me.

-”You were jealous.” he smirked. ‘stupid idiot.’ I thought. He just laughed, most likely reading my thoughts.

-”No I’m not.” I said, stubbornly and inaudible to the human ear. Again he just laughed.

-”I…I’m sorry.” I turned to look at him, the both of us still walking.

-”About?” I asked, arms folded across my chest, still walking. He sighed.

-” Do I have to say it?” I stopped and looked away. ‘Then I guess your apology isn’t so sincere now is it?’ I thought to him. He walked towards me and stopped, not looking at me. “*sigh* I’m sorry for intervening with you and Jacob. I was just….angry. He had pinned after Bella before you were even here Violette. I had my doubts, no matter how close the two of you got. That and…I guess I took on the fatherly roll since we’re orphans.” I looked at him.

-”I know who your father is Edward, mine? I don’t need mine! I may have called Edward Anthony Masson Senior by that name, but you are not my father.” I told him, coldly. Eyes already a honey color from the pure anger that bubbled within me. I had plenty father figures to replace the one I needed. I knew none where my biological fathers, wish as I might. I didn’t need another as Edward said.

-”Forgive me.” I looked at my older brother and he was looking down sadly. “I forget sometimes.” I heard him whisper.

-”Forget what? That I’m a bastard child? Or that my father was a monster that took advantage of our mother?” I asked him. He said nothing, I sighed. This wasn’t the right time to do this. “I…I don’t need another father figure. I’ve had plenty and I have Carlisle, which is more than enough for me Eddy. I just need my brother.” I rubbed his back and then punched his shoulder lightly. “If only he wasn’t so overbearing.” I grinned. He tried to smile, but it disappeared.

-”Why did Jacob let you come here in the first place? I would have thought…” I cut him off.

-”I made him let me. I needed to be here to protect what was precious to me. My sister-in-law, and my friends and family and my boyfriend Edward.” I joked with him, he laughed and looked at me. I started walking again when he spoke .

-”She’s going to be.” I turned to look at him, wondering why he wasn’t coming along.

-”Who’s going to be what?” I asked, confused.

-”Bella. She’s going to be my wife,” I had a ‘shit eating grin’ as Quil had once called it. “I proposed and she accepted. I smiled and ran to him.

-”Oh Eddy! Oh my goodness!” tears stung at my eyes. “I’m so happy for you! You, Bella! Wow! I mean, mom must be so proud! Eddy!” I hugged him tightly. “Congratulations!” he smiled and thanked me.

-”Thank you.” He just looked at the ground and I thought there was more.

- “There’s more isn’t there?” he nodded. “How much more, Eddy? What’s wrong?”

-”She had…conditions.” I quirked an eyebrow at that.

-”Who has conditions to marriage?” I asked.

-”She wants sex.” he said bluntly. Here comes the hypocrite, but I suddenly remembered what era I was originally from.

-”Edward, but that’s immoral! Your already damning the girls soul….practically…not really, but still! Really? Wow…you sure know how to pick them.” I thought and he frowned. “Kidding.” I joked, raising my hands in defense.

-”I have to turn her myself too. Once we’re…..done.” I laughed at his expression.

-”What? She suck as a lover or what?” he made a face, an ‘are you serious’ face. I laughed and just turned. “I’m sorry, okay. You’ll be fine.” I started walking.

-”And you? How about you and Jacob.” I tried to act casual and keep my mind light and uncaring and above all, free of all improper thoughts of my Jacob’s sweaty body on that night.

-”We’re fine. We’re not children Jacob. We know what we’re doing.” Not a lie, but not answering his question. Hopefully he’ll drop it. “We should get going or they’ll reach there before us.

-”What will you do for the fight? He will see your eyes you know?” I stopped and he was next to me in a second. “You hadn’t thought it through, have you?” I stayed quiet.

-”No…I just…if I had to you know I would have blown my secret to protect them, to protect him.” he made a sound and I snarled at him, very un-lady like, but still. “Of course, Edward. Very appropriate.” he heald my hand, proventing me from walking.

-”Alice saw this and at first I didn’t approve, but Bella talked me into helping you. Both her and Alice can be quite persuasive.” I looked at him funny.

-”What are you on about now you old fool?” I asked, making fun of his age again like I always did, even if I was only a few 2 years younger. He sighed and dug into his pocket, taking out a case with two different screw caps. He handed tem to me and I opened the first. Already knowing what they were.

-”Alice got you three sets just in case, but…I’m sure you’ll only need two. The venom burns the material so be careful. I’m the first will last an hour or two so be careful. I nodded my head and took the green contact lenses into my pocket. I pecked his cheek, tippy toeing.

-”Thank you, Edward.” I inhaled and let the cold heat flood my body.

-”Welcome back.” he told me, I could see my own topaz eyes through his own irises. I nodded and smacked him before I took off. “Hey!” he ran after me and I laughed at his expression. This was just a precaution, but I was strongest like this. Why take a chance and let my powers just suddenly stop like they had yesterday. One day I had my vampire abilities along with my human looks, the next I was all human all day. I was not willing to risk it, given the steaks. Edward and I made it to tent atop of the mountain. I stopped, seeing grey clouds and a heavy blanket of white. I smiled, good thing I brought all those other blankets and such. After a while Jacob arrived with Bella who came walking towards Edward. I smiled at her, figuring she already knew.

-”Violet, everything okay?” I looked at him and just nodded. The contacts in my pocket weighing down the fabric. I felt like a liar all over again. But I couldn’t think like that. Not now. It would just be a distraction.

-”You should get going Jacob. Sam must be waiting.” Edward spoke, his voice not as harsh as it usual.

-”I’m going to stay here, Seth will come along tomorrow morning. Until then, I’m your connection with the others.” I was confused.

-”Wait, your not coming with us?” I asked Edward. ‘Too dangerous’ I heard the whisper intrude my thoughts. I guess my powers were acting on their own again once I read Edward’s thoughts. Although they are a little blurry.

-”No. You’ll all do fine, this way Bella won’t be lonely.” I just nodded.

-”There’s a storm coming.” Jacob said. We all looked at the sky.

-”There is?” asked Bella.

*Edward’s POV* (hadn’t had one of them in a while xP)

I was in the tent with Bella, Violette and Jacob outside. Bella was freezing and I wondered how my sister was doing in this cold weather. That space-heater of hers must be real handy. I looked at Bella and asked her what I could do. I couldn’t even get close to her, I would just make things worse. She was turning blue and her teethe were chattering. I heard a small little sneeze come from outside of the tent.

-”I’m fine.” I heard my sister’s tiny voice followed by a laughter. “Jacob!” next thing I knew the zipper was drawn down and in came the space heater as he helped my sister in. She sneezed again. “How you doing Bella?” She just chattered her teeth for a while before answering.

-”G-g-g-gooo-ooodd-ddd.” my sister just laughed and I grimaced. She went over to her pack to pull out her blankets. “H-hee b-beat y-uou t-t-t-oo-oo it-t.” I had piled on all three blankets on her and she was wearing her coat plus the heavy winter coat Violette had brought. Violettte was wearing her own and I notice she began to shiver now too that she wasn’t warpped around Jacob’s wolf form.

-”Tchoo!” Violette began to sneeze again. “Excuse me.” she said politely. Her shaking began to. Jacob laughed and I growled at his stupid idea.

-”No.” My voice venomous. Both Bella and Violette turned to look at me.

-”What? Can’t handle me close to her or what?” ‘It’s not like she’s naked.’ I growled at his thoughts too.

-”Shut up mongrel.” I hissed at him.

-”Jacob? What?” He just smiled at my sister.

-”I can keep both of you warm. Your brother here doesn’t want to. Even though I’m sure Bella would like to use her toes some day.” I growled as his tone of voice changed at the end to mockery. My sister rolled her eyes and scoffed. I smirked.

-”Oh sure! You’d love that.” Jacob’s mouth fell wide open and I laughed at his troubled and confused thoughts over what he had done wrong. Instead Violette got in the sleeping bag too. Both girls huddling to the other end. They each pretended to sleep, but I knew they weren’t by how loudly their teeth began to chatter. I laughed at my sister inside my head. She sure was putting up with a lot to be with that mutt and have him like her. Withstanding the blistering cold was probably nothing compared to having to put up with the stench, though, right?

-’She’s all blue, they’re gonna get sick.’ the damn mutt’s whimpers invaded my mind. He stood up and I caught his arm. “Don’t. Touch. Me.” I saw the girls look over at us now and I had to control my anger like I knew he was doing to.

-”Then don’t touch her.” I warned.

-”That happens to be my girlfriend and my best friend, now let go” Jacob pulled his arm out of my grip and walked over to the girls. Violette was turned the other way, but Bella smiled at Jacob. Jacob walked over to my sister’s house and she sat up, sounding sleepy. She must not have gotten much sleep.

-”What are you doing?” she rubbed at her eyes. I just saw the idiot smile at her before kneeling down. She let him through this time and I frowned. I fooled myself into thinking that the only reason she let him get that close to her was because she was half asleep, but that didn’t make me feel any better. Jacob got in the middle of the girls and my sister cuddled into him while Bella just scooted slightly closer to him. The both of them taking advantage of his heat. I was jealous. Eventually, the two really did fall asleep this time.

Time passed and it was nearing time for the battle, the storm coming to an end soon. Jacob was fiddling with a strand of my sister’s hair and he was beginning to annoy me. His thoughts infuriating me further. He was thinking about her scent, currently, but soon things got too graphic and I growled, he glared at me and at least the mental pictures stopped. I tried to ignore it, but soon his thoughts got louder and louder. I could hear about how he thought of my sister now, how he thought about her body and her touch and I growled before things got any worse.

-”What?”

-”Could you stop throwing your thoughts at me, at least?” I growled out.

-”Can you stop reading my mind?” he growled back.

-”I would, but your practically shouting your thoughts at me. I don’t need to know what you think of my sister.” he just smirked and shook his head.

-”She’s not a kid you know?” I scoffed. I knew, he thinks he know, but he has no idea. “She’s….. smart. She doesn’t need you to be guarding her all the time.” I scoffed again.

-”And what? That’s what your for?” I asked. His face turned hard.

-”Exactly.” we just stared down at one another, almost challenging. “I’ll be anything she needs of me, I’ll do anything she needs of me. And not you or a anyone can do a thing about it.” I just laughed.

-‘I’m sure the Volturi will have a thing or two against that.’ I thought to myself. “What will you do…when you can’t protect her from everything?”

-”I’d hurt, if not kill, anyone who thinks of hurting her.”

-”And what if you hurt her? What if you can’t protect her from yourself?” He looked at me, hard, and then stared at my sister. He smoothed out her hair.

-”I’d leave her, if I thought it was best for her.” I grinned, it might have been a little malevolent looking, but I couldn’t help it. I didn’t exactly approve of their relationship. “But then again, you know what happens when you push someone into forgetting you.” I growled at him, but then softened my look when I look towards Bella. “I’m not going to do to her, what you did to Bella.” he growled at me and turned away from me towards my sister. I just focused my eyes on Bella the whole time.

*Violette’s POV*

I woke up feeling surprisingly well. It must have been since I was using Jacob as a pillow. I opened my eyes and noticed only Jacob was there, petting my hair softly. He smiled at me, mumbling a good morning followed by a kiss on the forehead. I smiled at him and looked around, wondering where Bella and Edward where at.

-”Where are the others?” I asked, stretching and stifling a yawn.

-”Out with Seth. We have to get going soon.” he sounded upset. He really didn’t want me to go. I tried to get up and he held onto me tighter. “Shh. Wait. Just a little longer.” he just stood there holding onto me, his head over mine. “Remember, you promised you’d.” I cut him off.

-”I know. I won’t leave your sight.” I spoke softly, looking him in the eye. We just shared a moment, looking each other in the eye, enjoying one another’s company. I gave him a kiss and tried to lighten up the mood. “You know,” Jacob rose an eyebrow at my tone, “The only reason I’ll be in sight is cause I’m going to be keeping an eye on you.” I told him, all coy.

-”Really?” I nodded and he just laughed, giving me a long lasting kiss. “Come, on.” He tugged on my hand, I had to trail back. The contacts.

-”Go. I just want to get out of this, I’ll be right out.” I told him, pointing to the layers of clothing, and he nodded before leaving out the tent. I got up and moved the tent’s flap out of the way before walking to find Jacob.

-”Your getting married?” I heard Jacob’s voice ask. Shit I ran to them. Bella and Edward standing there, looking uncomfortable.

-”You knew he was there?!” Bella asked, baffled. Damn it Edward!

-”He had a right to know. He’s your friend isn’t he?”

-”Not like this!” Bella went to go after Jacob as he stormed off. My heart clenched a little. So he still had feelings for her after all. I frowned before walking closer to the tent. Seeing Seth, he whined and nudged my hand with his muzzle. I smiled sadly, petting his pelt before I walked around him behind the tent and down a few boulders. Edward followed me, reading my mind.

-”he doesn’t love her, not like that at least.” My fists tightened as I balled them up so tightly, my fist turned snow white from the blood circulation being cut off.

-”Yeah? Than how do you explain the reaction?” I asked, venomously. I was never one for jealousy, but something about him drove me insane knowing I was loosing to my brother’s fiancé.

-”It’s not that. It’s because she’s marrying me.” I turned to look at him quizzically, almost asking him if he expected me to buy that garbage. “Okay, in a better sense it’s because of what she’s marrying.” Ah. I understood now. My hands unclenched and I looked towards what little sun peaked out from under the clouds. “He’s worried about her..” I spoke at precisely the same time he did.

-”Becoming a vampire. Yeah, I get it.” I sighed. “He really is disgusted by the mere idea.” I told myself, thinking over his attitude towards my family’s kind. His reaction of the news was evident. The disgust. The concern. The anger. He hated vampires. He hated leeches. “We should get going.” I told him. He just nodded. I walked over to where they were and noticed he had placed her hands on his heart, and they were exceptionally close. I resisted the urge to growl or spew chunks at that moment. Jacob was first to acknowledge us, probably having caught Edward’s scent first. He cleared his throat, stepping back trying to smile, although I could see through the false look.

-”Ready to go?” I didn’t say anything and just nodded, walking and not waiting for him. As I walked I tried to blink back the feeling of the tears that wouldn’t come. The venom just swelled in my eyes. I didn’t need it burning off the contact any faster. I felt a hand on my shoulder. “Hey, hey what’s wrong?” I just looked away, shaking my head. “Something’s wrong.” his voice sounded concerned. I knew he was, I could feel his emotions. Although I wasn’t sure if it was concern for me or Bella.

-”Nothing Jacob, let’s go. They‘re close.” I told him, having a vision. He looked at me weirdly and I just kept walking. He sighed, I read his thoughts. He knew why I was mad.

-”Nothing happened!” he called out to me, I may have been walking, but with my grace at the moment I didn’t need to rely on long legs like Jacob did. I just nodded and he caught up to me before swirling me around. “Really! Nothing. Happened.” my voice showed that I didn’t believe him and he sighed before giving me a long kiss. I let him, I couldn’t help it! I was resisting the urge to just melt in his arms! “I was mad about that, yeah. But I don’t love Bella.” he picked up my chin and looked into my eyes. “I don’t. it’s just-she’s my best friend. Her marrying a blood sucker? Why. in. the. hell, would she do that when there are lots of…alive guys out there with actual beating hearts!” okay, that explained the whole hand on his chest. But my heart still broke, but I tried to act like I was fine. I nodded and tried to make him happy by controlling his emotions. I smiled to make it look like I wasn’t. To make it look like he was just naturally happy that I was happy. He grinned and gave me a peck before taking my hand and walking. He had to stop and change and out came my fluffy auburn wolf.

-‘Jacob, ready?’ thought Sam who looked at me, I nodded and so then he nodded towards Sam. Alice came by and looked at me strangely into my eyes before smiling widely and walking back next to Jasper. Jasper grinned too. I guess they all knew about the contacts. Esme walked up to me and held my hand. I lightly tapped Jacob on the ribs when I heard his thoughts about growling at my adoptive mother.

-”Be careful, don’t go overboard.” she told me, Jacob looking at us quizzically. I just smiled and nodded, giving her a quick hug.

-”They’re coming.” me and Alice said, together. Right as I said that newborns began to emerge from the tree lines, some soaking wet. So the vision was right, they came through the lake. We all got ready, preparing for the fight. Emmett was first as the vampires ran at us. ‘Eager as always‘. I thought smirking. Jacob and the wolves ran at them next followed by the rest of us. The one I was after was running straight at me. I could feel Jacob’s eyes on me.

-’Edward said to stop worrying over her Jacob.’ I heard Seth deliver the message from the campsite.

The leach ran at me and just as we were about to clash I transported my self behind her and picked him up before using my fists to knock her down. They weren’t the only ones with newborn strength. I was quick to use my mind when I saw another’s thoughts coming closer. Another newborn would attack me from behind in three, two… I felt a serge of electricity swarm my body. Kate’s abilities came in handy. The newborn tumbled down in pain and Rosalie appeared to get rid of him for me. Jasper already having burned the other one. I smiled and appeared next to Jacob. He looked shocked, but I quickly distracted his kill while he finished her off. He then took off, but I could feel his eyes occasionally looking towards my general direction. If he kept that up, he’d get hurt! I ran towards a group of leeches that were surrounding Paul, Quil, Leah, Carlisle and Esme. I appeared in front of them all, the werewolves unease evident through their thoughts, especially Jacob’s.

-’Paul, get her out of there!’ shouted Jacob, running towards us. I looked at them all, I hated using the Volturi for any reason, but their intentions were to kill, kill my family, so then my would be too. I used Alec’s powers and the fog enveloped them. They fell down, mindless idiots with no motor control. At first the wolves were confused, but once they saw Esme and Carlisle make quick work of them they began to tear them apart too. Leah looked at me for a second, I thought she was challenging me at first, and I was confused. She just nodded in the end, thanking me. I smiled and ran towards Jacob so as to not have him worry. ‘Don’t do that ever again.’ he thought to me as he ripped apart another vampire. I stopped suddenly, not the best idea to do while in the midst of a dangerous battle. Victoria, knew.

-”She knows! She knows!” I thought, panicked as I saw another newborn, the boy who had gone missing over a year ago. The others looked at me and I looked at Jacob. “I’m sorry! I have to go!” Just as I thought that Edward told Seth to go hide, he had heard me through Jacob and Seth’s thoughts. Jacob looked panicked.

-’No! Your staying here!’ he sounded almost like Sam, the authority in his voice made me shudder. I shook my head, no, sadly.

-”I’ll be fine, look after yourself.” I suddenly teleported to the campsite. Victoria was there already there, hissing at my brother before running at Bella. I ran at her, slamming into her. She hissed and tried to run off I grabbed her and we went tumbling down. I could feel the burning of the contacts, this wasn’t good. I ran at her again and this time managed to pull her arm off which wasn’t much since it just reattached itself. I hissed.

-”Protect Bella!” Yelled Edward. I nodded as I ran to Bella with extreme speed. “Get her to safety! The others are almost done!” I nodded and placed her on my back. I heard Seth whimper and I looked to Bella, she must have understand and nodded. I ran at that Riley guy and used Jane’s ability, he crumbled to the floor in pain.

-’Where the hell did she come from?!’ I read Victoria’s crazed thoughts.

-”You forgot about the other Cullen Victoria. Apparently you had a run in with her before.” my brother mocked her. Her eyes widened, she had recognized me.

-’Impossible!’ she thought, about to run off. I was shocked and distracted my self from Riley. I was tackled down by Victoria. Seth witnessed it, giving Jacob a pretty good view too. I grunted, she was about to go for my head, her hands wrapped around my neck. I was pushing hard against her, if I couldn’t concentrate then I couldn’t do much. I finally managed to push her off with my legs. Edward looked at my worriedly. Scratch marks showed on my neck from the force. It looked like someone had driven a drill through concrete. My once smooth skin, slowly healing. I just glared and covered my neck, not giving Seth a chance to look at it. I ran to Bella and just as Edward was finishing her off I transported us to the others. Alice grabbed her and I went back for the other two, one at a time. We were all there now. I saw Jacob seething as he came over to me. I was in trouble now.

-’What part of don’t go didn’t you get?!’ he shouted in his mind, Edward hissed and I lowered my head, mumbling an apology.

-”She happened to save us all!” growled Edward. Jacob growled at him and Seth whimpered, getting in the way. Jacob nudged him out of the way.

-’Shut it Seth. You were no help, either!” I got mad at that, it wasn’t little Seth’s fault.

-”Jacob, stop! Okay! It’s not his fault! Seth was an amazing help! He took down Riley!” I shouted at him.

-’Your stupid brother let Victoria get to you! She could have killed you!” I just shook with anger and stormed off away from him near a boulder. I could hear Jacob’s thoughts as he argued with Edward. I was just sitting there mad as I threw my tantrum. I sat on the ground. Someone suddenly shouted.

-”Violet watch out!” Alice’s voice rang, it was too late, I looked up as the newborn jumped down on me. I was about to teleport away, when Jacob shoved his body, pushing me out the way.

-”Jacob! No!” I saw as that damn vampire circled it’s arms around my Jacob’s waist and squeezed. I heard the snaps, the newborn had snapped his ribs like twigs. I watched in horror before rushing to help. The others getting there sooner. Jacob laid human on the floor, naked and whimpering in pain. “Jake! Jake baby! Are you okay?” I asked

‘stupid question Violette!’ I thought to myself. I tried to inspect his body. “Jacob!” he just grumbled in pain and I could feel the venom swelling in my eyes, burning off the contact lenses. I didn’t care just staid put as the others picked him up.

-”His ribs are broken, their mending incorrectly.” I looked at him, scared before returning my gaze to Jacob.

-’The hell?’ I heard Leah’s voice ask.

-”Carlisle! The Volturi are here!” Alice called.

-”Go! The Volturi aren’t fond of werewolves and they don’t know of this treaty. You should go!” Carlisle told them. I ran to him.

-”Carlisle, Carlisle fix him! Please!” I begged him as I watched the pack take him away. This was all my fault! “Please!” He must have seen the desperation in my eyes as I clung to him.

-”I’ll be there soon after.” he whispered to me, I looked at him about to run to the pack.

-”Violette! Your needed here right now. I have a feelings you should stay.” Edward spoke. I looked at the to hers one last time as they fully disappeared with my Jacob’s broken figure towering over their heads. I sniffled in a sob and shouted out in frustration.

-”Ugh!” I balled my fists and swiped at my eyes, getting rid of the stupid, worthless contacts. I ran to them just as the hooded figures emerged. Five hooded figures. I inspected them. Demitri, Felix, Alec, Jane, I restrained myself from growling when I saw her. ‘Bitch!’ I thought. We had resentment towards one another. I looked at the last one as he raised his head, a smirk on his handsome face. I gasped as I stared at his eyes. Blood red. “Theodore.” I whispered. He just smirked and walked ahead, Jane scowling at me.

-”Happy to see me, my love?” I just stared in wonder.

-”I see you’ve taken care of the newborn army.” spoke up Jane, looking over the others.

-”Yes, we have things under control as you can see.” I hardly put any attention as I stared at Theo the whole time, the smirk never leaving his lips.

-’Hello love, I’ve missed you. Have you missed me?’ he thought to me, his voice as silky as I remember. I shuddered. I snapped out of it, looking down. ‘Where’s your boyfriend?’ he thought to me, I looked up and his smirk grew, I had drowned out the whole conversation between the others, but read Edward’s thoughts.

-’He’s seen you?!’ he shouted towards me

-’I…I don’t know.’ I thought to him, more scared now than ever.

-’Don’t worry, they don’t know, yet.’ Edward growled, but Jane looked at him. I heard screaming and just now noticed a little girl about my age in pain. I stepped in front of her instantly.

-”That’s enough Jane!” I hissed at her. “You heard my father. We’ll be taking responsibility.” I told her, angrily as I read into the thoughts of the others to know what the commotion was about. Her ability stopped as I stood in front of her. She was concentrating, I can tell. She was getting mad too when she couldn’t do much to me. Alec placed a hand on her shoulder.

-”She’s right, that’s enough sister.” she grimaced and rose her nose to the air. ‘Snotty brat’ I thought.

-“The Volturi don’t give second chances. You should keep that in mind.” she said, indicating towards Bella.

-”Th-the date is set.” stuttered out Bella.

-”Very well, Felix.” The big buff guy, Felix stood in front of us, walking past me and towards the girl. I closed my eyes, wishing I wasn’t hear to witness this. I heard her screams before it instantly died out. I looked at Jane and stared hard at her. I’d give her a taste of her own medicine if it wasn’t for fear that I’d involve my family in an unnecessary war. She stared at me for a second and continued to walk, I focused my attention on Theodore when he didn’t leave with them. “Theodore?” she called out. He ignored her. He kept staring at me. “Felix.” growled out Jane, mad that he paid her no mind. ‘Jealous whore.’ I thought. I must have grimaced since Theodore smirked. Felix looked hesitant, he didn’t want to get involve with this love quarrel. He steppe towards Theodore about to pick him up in a vice grip when he was blasted across the clearing.

-”I’m going. Don’t touch me, this is silk.” he spoke before turning around, Felix in obvious pain as Demitri helped him up. Jane sustained that growl I knew she wanted to let out and Alec just sighed, tired of his sister and Theodore’s problems. ‘SO this was an often occurrence.’ I thought to myself.’

-’How long do you suppose he’s been with them?’ thought my brother. I said nothing and just watched his retreating back.

-’See you around princess.’ Theo thought. ‘And I mean it my love, I’ll see you sooner than you think. Wait and see, I will have you soon. The era of courtship is dead anyways.’ he thought, a growl in his head. Edward did growl however, not liking what Theodore was implying. I just stared at them and sighed. I hated this! Things just got more complicated. They were finally gone and I looked to Carlisle, all eyes on me.

-”Violette-” everyone spoke simultaneously, but I stopped them.

-”Carlisle? Now?” I asked him referring to Jacob. He nodded and I transported us, not giving anyone a chance to speak. We were in front of Billy’s house, well out back in the forest more specifically. I felt the cold come again as it seeped out of my body, my natural green eyes replacing my honey colored ones. Billy and the others rolled themselves out, the sun already disappearing. I was about to walk in there when Carlisle stopped me.

-”It’s going to be hard…do you think you can handle it?” I looked at him then at Billy, all eyes on me.

-”Violet?” I heard his hoarse voice call for me. I made up my mind.

-”I need to be there.” I told him, making my way inside. I covered my mouth, tears spilling down my eyes. “jake.” I whimpered out as a sob wracked my being. I ran and kneeled next to him as Sam, Paul and Carlisle came in.

-”Hey, you okay?” he asked me. I sobbed, but nodded.

-”But your not! I’m s..s.so.o s..s..sorry. I’m sorry!” I cried as I held his hand. He didn’t move at all, but Carlisle came over and I walked to him. I looked at him, knowing what he had to do. Knowing why Paul and Sam where here. Sam got his right side and Paul the other. I tried to find a way to make things a little bit better. No amount of anesthetics would work since he just sweated them out. I closed my eyes and kept them shut, I tried to keep Jacob calm and even still as Carlisle re-broke his bones to arrange them in order I couldn’t stop his screams. It was killing me and hurting me just to hear him. I wanted so badly to just cover my ears, but at least I knew I was making it hurt a little less. I could feel the tears streaming down my eyes, and fought against my body as I wanted to just cover my ears. I couldn’t take it when I heard the third bone re-break and stood up and left, I just sat outside the door and balled my eyes out. Billy looked like a wreck too and he patted my back. I looked at him.

-”I’m so sorry Billy.” I told him as I looked down. “This is all my fault.” I said, trying to ignore the screams. I was still trying to keep him calm, but it was hard when even I couldn’t keep calm! He patted my back.

-”It’s not your fault. Jacob’s strong. He’ll be okay.” he tried to smile, but anyone could see through it. I sniffled, the screams had stopped and out came the others. Sam looked at me and I stood. Bella and Edward appearing too.

-”He’s calling for you.” I nodded and Bella walked up to me.

-”Can I see him.” I nodded. I didn’t think I could go in there alone anyways, I was scared I’d break down. I walked in and saw his upper torso completely wrapped up. I heard Bella gasp and I tried to stifle in a sob. I smiled.

-”Hey girls.” he tried to smile at me. I went and sat next to him, smoothing his hair out. I just kept looking at him. He and Bella just talked mainly, trying to make the time pass by. I’d just nod my head, or smile at appropriate times, but I wasn’t in the conversation. No, I had far too much on my mind. My boyfriend had gotten seriously hurt and it was my fault, my hateful ex-boyfriend was back and he knew about my romance with a werewolf. No, it was clear to say I had much more important things to think about then what we would do after Jacob got better. I can tell Bella was forcing herself too, trying to steer clear of talk about her wedding. Eventually Billy took a turn in and as everyone squeezed in I stayed put by my love’s side.

Everyone had finally left and Jacob was finally asleep. I smiled at how peaceful he looked. It was ironic, I always rested my head on him and he’d lull me to sleep. This time he looked so peaceful. His head on my lap, a small smile on his lips and me just lightly stroking his head while I sang the tune to the melody Edward would sing to me when I couldn’t sleep. I had a good look out the window to the beautiful full moon and the nice breeze that swept in was relieving since it helped cool down Jacob. I soon placed my head back against the wall, drifting to sleep who knows when.