Uncompatible Love

Baby Troubles, Love Squabbles, and Other Problems

Ch. 42: Baby Troubles, Love Squabbles and Other Problems

*Vie’s POV*

*Three DAYS later*

-“So how you been feeling honey?” I asked Bella. I had managed to get out of the house while Jacob was on patrol. Sam had them running more patrols again since someone was attacked, that only send my vampire family into over protective mode as well. When Jacob gets home and sees that I’m not there he’d certainly be mad.

-“I’m ok right now. Just really hungry.” She said rubbing her now swollen belly. She had gotten huge in just three days time….she looked like she was already nearing her third trimester. I was scared for her. I felt thoughts push at the barrier I put around my mind.

-‘What is it?’ I asked my brother.

-‘I want to speak with you, please.’ I heard the desperation in my elder brother’s voice and decided to go up and follow him.

-“What is it?” I asked him once I was outside.

-“You saw….she’s getting sicker…please talk to her, she’ll listen to you if you explain your situation and the could be situation of that child.” He spoke somewhat harshly.

-“Last time I check that child is both your creation, aside from that I will do no such thing, she is already so far along…it’d be murder in any case Edward.” He glared ahead of him.

-“Edward!” We both turned to the voice that belonged to Alice and saw as she quickly ran to us. “Violette, change back.” I looked at her funny and she bopped me over the head. “Now!” she pointed to her eyes and I understood. I felt the cold rush of the poison in my body go dormant and the heating rush of the blood in my system begin to circulate again.

-“What’s wrong?” I asked her, confused and slightly scared.

-“I can’t see anything…our futures in the next…..ten minutes goes blank.” I looked at her, still not understanding.

-“It means Jacob or one of the wolves are on their way. We need to hide Bella.” My eyes widened at that and I grew scared. If they saw Bella like this… I ran to her side, of course at the pace of a normal human being, and went to her, trying to get her to stand.

-“It’s too late, they got a hold of our scent. They know you’re here too Violette.” I paled. I was in for it now.

*Jacob’s POV*

I started running towards the Cullen’s house. If she wasn’t there I’d tell Sam and we’d send a search party. We had managed to get the damn bloodsucker that had been attacking the passing hikers lately. He had only managed to kill one, one too many if you ask me. I had been nearly driven mad with worry when I didn’t find Violet at the house. My dad had been at Sue’s so I went to check over there after, but no luck. Following that I went to Emily’s and all the other girls were there, all except her! I had to find her, what if another vampire was roaming around. That leech we killed could have had a mate, and we didn’t need a repeat of Bella with now the attention resting solely on my mate.

I was nearing the Cullens’ home and let out a large sigh of relief when I inhaled the growing scent of my imprint. The closer I got to the house, the stronger her scent got. Yes, she was definitely here. My eyes crinkled in confusion and I nearly stopped when two familiar scents hit me. Had Bella and Edward just gotten back? I stopped though….Bella’s scent was…different….it was….sweeter. It wasn’t an appealing sweet either, it was almost like she had just finished mopping the floor with bleach or something. It was beginning to irritate my nose. I stopped only to sneeze before picking up speed; I was there in a matter of minutes. I changed behind a tree and ran up to the front door. Before I could even knock, the door opened and a small familiar warm hand was pushing against my chest and back into the line of the trees.

-“Jake, what are you doing here?” she asked me. I felt my eyebrows scrunch together, a little bit confused and slightly hurt by her question.

-“I couldn’t’ find you and I was worried. I thought I smelled Bella too…actually…I can smell her. She’s here. When did she get here Vie?” I asked her, and I saw her look back when the door opened, when he did a new scent hit me…it was strangely familiar. Then it hit me, it was Bella’s. At the door was Edward Cullen, and once he noticed my reaction he shut the door quickly and walked over to me. I growled at him in warning and he stopped just a couple of yards away from me and Violet.

-“Edward, why’d you come out?” Violet asked.

-“I was worried about how he’d react.” I started putting the pieces together….and an unearthly growl escaped my lips. I lunged at him, snarling and he did nothing to stop me, but I did hear Violet shriek.

-“You turned her into a leech?!” I growled at him, my voice vibrating along the ground as I heard the echo from behind the trees, a few birds flew off, scared.

-“What?! Jacob, what are you talking about?! Bella’s still the same!” Violet shouted at me, pulling at my arm now, I looked at her, her face was somewhat red, she was getting mad. She calmed down and took a deep breath. “Look….Bella is..more or less ok. She’s….”

“Sick.” I looked to the leech and glared at him, he was suppose to be taking care of her. I saw Violet’s face go all red now and she glared at him.

-“She is not sick. It is not a sickness, Edward.” I was confused again. I just walked towards the door. I heard Violet call to me again and although I would never neglect my imprint, I had to check on my best friend. Bella had after all turned into something more of a sister after all these years. When I opened the door however, I don’t think I could ever be prepared for what I had witnessed in front of me.

-“Jacob. How are you?” I stared at mousy ol’ Bella….pale, quiet, shy, and above all, pregnant. I couldn’t shift my eyes away from her oversized abdomen. Bella had always been small and thin, only slightly taller and bigger than Violet, so when I saw how large and round her belly was I could almost feel the color draining from my face.

-“Wha- Bella….what the hell….what happened?” I asked, baffled.

-“I’m pregnant Jake.” She tried to smile at me, but I could tell she wasn’t really happy. She did look sick, and she did look….vapirey for lack of a better word! She looked like them just…pregnant. That word kept running around in my head and looking at her only made it that much more real. Bella, my Bellz was pregnant. I turned to Edward….and before I knew it I was in my wolf form, on top of the mind reading bloodsucker, and snapping my jaws at him while people tried to pry me off. Somehow, sort of far off, I could hear the frantic voice of my imprint as she begged me to get off of her struggling brother, but I just couldn’t get off. I could only see red, I could only see the word ‘pregnant’ floating around in my head, and I kept seeing poor sick Bella.

-‘You got her pregnant?!” I thought to him, knowing he would hear my thoughts. “What the hell were you thinking?! You idiot! I’m going to make sure there’s nothing left of you when I’m done!”

-“Jacob, get off of him! Please! Jake.” I could feel many hands now and I didn’t know who was who, but before I knew it my head rammed itself into someone’s side and I heard someone shout out in pain followed by a loud crash.

-“Oh my god! Violet!” I stopped only to see Esme and Rosalie run to an unconscious Violet. I whimpered and only barely notice the mood ring and short vampire run out, the blood probably too much. Yeah, she was bleeding. I had knocked her straight into the kitchen counter and a couple of plates fell over her. She had scratches and she wasn’t moving. I could feel my heart breaking as the tears I shed were soaked up by the fur around my eyes.

-“Carlisle, I think some of her ribs might be broken!” shouted Esme to her mate. I howled out in pain and ran out. I had hurt her, I had hurt my imprint. I ignored Bella’s call to me, but didn’t stop. I only did when I felt someone ram into me this time.

-“Yes! I got Bella pregnant! And yes, it was stupid! But I had never once had the intention of hurting her! I didn’t want this Jacob! I’m trying to make sure she’s fine and I never lose my head when around her! However, you, Jacob obviously don’t have that control! You hurt my sister! Now you’re going to go back there and apologize!” all the growling I had been directing at him suddenly turned into whimpers. I hurt her. I hurt her. I hurt her. I hurt her. The thought wouldn’t leave my head.

-“Edward, Bella’s shaking, you need to come calm her!” shouted Alice to me. I saw Edward glare at me one final time before turning around and walking.

-“Alice, go get Jacob some of Emmett’s close for now. He’s coming to apologize to Violette. Make sure he doesn’t hurt her, again.” I flinched and lowered my head. When I finally picked it up again I noticed the small pixie like vampire right in front of me, clothes in hand.

-“Here. She’ll be waking up in another ten minutes. You’re lucky that even in this form she’s not so fragile…” her eyes were distant and I saw her shake her head. This form? Did she have another form? What did she mean by form? I quickly ran behind a tree to change and was right back upstairs. I tried to shy away from the glares the mood ring and the big one were sending at me, the blond included. Once I was upstairs I saw Edward come out.

-“I’m warning you Jacob…This better not be a repeating occurrence. I understand this was more to take in, but you cannot lose control with her again, or I guarantee you, you will never see her again.” He threatened and I looked away, my fists clenching, I’d punch him if I didn’t think he was only looking out for her. I had messed up, yet again. How the hell was I always screwing up with her? Hurting her? I walked past him and saw Carlisle burning up some blood covered cotton balls in what smelled like peroxide. Esme was placing a cold rag on her forehead and Bella was sitting down next to her and rubbing her tiny porcelain hand.

-“Esme…why don’t we go wait outside…” Esme nodded and walked out with her husband. Bella was quiet.

-“You said you wouldn’t hurt her Jacob…” I looked down at the accusing tone in her voice. “I owe her a lot ….she’s managed to persuade Edward in a lot of things…she’s always trying to see to anything that would benefit us and I know she’s going to be a good aunt to my baby.” I looked away when she mentioned it.

-“She was really happy when she found out.” I looked at her like she grew another head.

-“Bella, you can’t be serious right? I mean…you have no idea what this….this thing could do to you!” She glared at me, or tried to anyways.

-“My baby’s special Jacob…” I scoffed.

-“Special, Bella? That thing is a monster! It’s….it’s a damn abomination!” she opened her mouth and we stopped when we heard Violet moan in pain. I went to her side and Bella tried to look her over, I saw Bella wipe at Vie’s eye. “Why’s she crying?” I asked scared. She mumbled out that she didn’t know.

-“No….stop…no…..hm…I’m not a ……No….Please…..don’t…..no…..hm….” She started shaking and she began to break out in a cold sweat. Bella tried to get up, and with difficulty she managed. I went to Violet’s side instantly.

-“Baby…Violet? Vie? Can you hear me?” I whispered to her and at the very least she stopped shaking and muttering. Bella handed me the now damp and cold rag to me and I put it on her face, delicately whipping the sweat and placing it on her forehead. “Baby?” I could feel the tears coming. My eyes didn’t stray from her even when the door opened as I began to move the hair away from her face. Her eyes batted repeatedly and I sighed in relief when I was graced with her beautiful sea foam eyes. “Oh babe!” I hugged her middle and rested my head on her stomach, but pulled back when she hissed in pain.

-“Ouch….it hurts…” she slowly peeled back her shirt and although her stomach remained unfazed despite a few scratches, it was when she revealed her ribs to me that I closed my eyes tight in pain. Her ribs were wound and bound tightly with a wrap.

-“I’m so, so, so sorry Violet…” I told her in a whisper as I felt the tears start tolling down my cheeks. I felt her reach out for my hand.

-“It’s….it’s okay….you didn’t know….you were mad….just…come here.” She tried to scoot over to make room for me on the large bed, but stopped when she grunted in pain. She tried to laugh when she saw me hang my head. “Hey it’s just a broken rib…it was mostly bruising…it was when those damn pots and plates fell on me that hurt.” She tried to laugh while she rubbed her head. I soothed her hair for her and let my thumb go over a small scratch on her cheek.

-“I can’t believe I lost it like that….I….I’m so sorry.” She looked sadly at me and tried to convince me that this wasn’t my fault, but I would have none of it. “Look, when Sam….when he hurt Emily, it nearly killed him and…when I first saw into your eyes I promised I would make sure you weren’t hurt.” I stopped, scoffing at the irony. “Look how well that turned out. Not only are you in danger just because you’re dating a werewolf, but your whole family is a bunch of vampires. Terrific.” I saw her hang her head in shame and I instantly regretted ever thinking those words, much less saying them. “But I love you all the more for it….don’t…don’t ever doubt that….and…and I am so so sorry. Please, please, please, Violet, can you forgive me?” I asked her, lifting her chin to look at her tear filled eyes.

-“Y-yeah…course.” She replied shakily. I leaned down to kiss her lips and rested my forehead against hers. I could feel the creases in her forehead as she knitted her eyebrows together, thinking. “I…you can’t be mad…at Edward….o-or Bella….especially not th-the b-baby. Th-that’s my niece or n-nephew i-in there and I l-love her. “ I pulled back.

-“Violet, come on! You too! Look at her! She’s sick! That..thing is hurting Bella! Don’t you care?” she scoffed.

-“Of course I do, and that’s why I’m helping her.” There was pure determination shinning in her eyes as she spoke.

-“I’m not letting you help it! We can’t let that monster live!” I stopped right after I said that, my fists that were clenched so tightly, blood would not pass, where now open loose as I stared at my imprint baffled. My heart nearly broke at the look. Violet stared at me, through her golden bangs, her ocean eyes staring at me through bit of purple that died the tips of her bangs. That look she gave me, was the most hate-filled, bone-chilling look I had ever received. It made my heart stop.

-“That monster, as you called that child, is as much dangerous as I am…you are not going to hurt her. None of you are!” she shouted at me as she sprang up, I saw her hiss and clutch at her ribs. I starred at her dumbfound, wondering where the hell my imprint had gone because this sure wasn’t her. She wasn’t this angry little fairy in front of me, no she was my delicate little flower, my little Violet.

Next thing I knew, there was someone poking me in the chest and telling me to get out, the psychic. I took a step back, trying to get away from the annoying jabs when I walked backwards into someone. I didn’t bother trying to see who it was, all I could do was stare at my imprint, who was bent over in pain while she gripped her midsection and glared at me. I saw Carlisle walk to her to inspect her while the mood ring obviously tried to calm her down, her hard glare faltering before her eye lids began to flutter and she was asleep almost instantly. Now it was my turn to glare.

-“This is all your fault!” I roared, about to jump at the mind reading leech again.

-“Jacob, get out.” I began to shake.

-“If you hadn’t gone and done this to her,” I pointed at Bella, “then me and her wouldn’t be like this!” I took a menacing step forward.

-“No…you went too far threatening the…child…like that in front of her, especially her. You don’t know much about her….how do you know she’s any different from what Bella’s carrying.” I was about to retaliate when I saw something snap in his eyes he stared at Bella for a second then looked down. “Bella, I’m sorry for how I’ve behaved. You were both right, you can keep the child.” I growled.

-“No.” I hissed, my body vibrating. “I won’t let that happen.” And with that, I went storming out the front door, breaking it off of its hinges.

I ran as fast as I could. I wouldn’t let that thing threaten the lives of the people I’m suppose to protect. She may not see it now, but I’m trying to protect Violet too. I’ll just have to make her understand. I just couldn’t let that thing go about and terrorize this place. I would win Violet back, I know she loves me. She has to love me….i know she does….she feels for me what I feel for her. My tail drooped and I nearly lost my footing at the depressing thoughts.

-“Jacob? Did you find her?” I heard Sam’s voice enter my thoughts. Suddenly the hairs on the back of my neck began to stand up on attention.

-“Sam, we have a problem. Get everyone together, I have something to tell you all.” I gave him the run down and showed him through our link what happened at the Cullen’s and he was suddenly gone right after, most likely rounding up the others.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys things are going to get really emotional now and it's going to be a rollercoaster of emotions and plot twists.