Uncompatible Love

Reminiscing

Ch. 4: Reminiscing*start*

I sighed as Edward pulled me to the kitchen.

-”Change.” that was an order, in which I was going to argue against.

-”But you said you needed to talk…not have a mind convo… a…and you said not to…and to fit in and try and act normal…that it was best for me.” I said sarcastically.

-”I know what I said…but I don’t want to hurt Bella’s feelings…I want to know what crap Rosalie has been feeding you.” He growled.

-”I refuse.” he gave me the look. The look that says ‘I’m your big brother do as I say.’ I listened. I suddenly felt everything around me burn up for a second then go away. I could sense things way better than as a human.

-‘When was the last time you fed?’ he thought in his head, testing my mind.

-’I fed before I even came to Forks…so probably about a week ago?’ I thought to him.

-’Hello! I’m waiting!’ He thought impatiently….oops I guess I was blocking him out.

-’Better.’ I asked as I thought up a random song. He nodded and I repeated my answer to him.

-’Fine. Now why are you acting that way with Bella? You don’t even know her. I figured you would be the most excited considering you tried everything in your power to get me to like Tanya.’ I grinned replaying the memory in my head before Edward stopped me. ’I am serious Violette!’

-’Fine! I just don’t want you to have some stupid human girl who’s willing to give up something so precious as life away for a romance……she’s in perfectly good health why would she do that when there are others who would literally re-die for a chance at life….being mortal…to no longer be this monster’ I had been shouting everything at him in my head until I reached the end. I could tell he felt pity and anger towards me. ‘Don’t! I don’t want your pity’

-’Your not a monster got that. Your just different from others is all… that’s what makes you unique……you know your being quiet the hypocrite.’ I looked at him shocked.

-’Me! How so?!’

-’Well you constantly nag at me to not call myself a monster… yet here you are… calling yourself one when half of you is something different.’ He thought as he hugged me and kissed the top of my head. At the moment I wished I was able to cry…but I couldn’t. ‘Let me show you that Bella isn’t all that bad…if it wasn’t for her I…don’t go trying to kill me now’ He stopped and pulled away slightly to look at me. I nodded thinking that I wouldn’t.’…promise..’ I nodded my head again.

After that he showed me everything from how he met her to how he protected her from a nomad vampire to how Jasper almost got to her to how he left her…all the way until he went to Italy to get killed thinking Bella died’ I cut off his train of thought by pulling back and hitting him with ½ my strength…I mean I didn’t want to rip his freaken arm off.

-‘Oww! You promised…’ he nagged in his head.

-’Yea but that was the stupidest thing you could have done…….You’d be willing to leave me here alone…..for her!’ He pulled me in for a hug and I struggled to get free. He tried to hold on but I was too strong and got out of his iron grip.

-’I really love her……besides just keep watching…’ he thought as he showed me more of how the girl went to Voltera (something like that right?) to try and stop my brother. I looked down……I guess she did care a lot for my brother. I blocked my mind and breathed in. A new scent caught my attention. My eyes turned black for a second.

-”Ed? What’s that smell…..is that …her?” I whispered now speaking. He nodded. “She’s your cantante…isn’t she?” I asked looking down. He nodded again and stepped closer to me bringing me into a hug. I let him that time. “I’m just gonna be put aside……aren’t I……I already saw how everything is moved around for her convenience…’ I thought sadly as I let him read my mind. His hug tightened, as he whispered.

-”You’ll never be put a side…your still my number one girl…but so is Bella…”

-”You can’t have two number ones.” I mumbled as I returned to my human form so I didn’t have to turn off my power to allow him access to my mind. I let the tears soak his shirt. I was sad…I just never had an actual family…when I found the last bit I had left in this world it made me feel actually normal…like it was possible as long as I had a blood relative…I was ok….I’d be like the other mortals.

-”No…your right…you’re my number one girl as a sister…because no one can replace you…ever……Bella is my number one also…but in a sense that she’s the one I want to spend my life with…” I smiled. ‘I’m sorry…you know for acting like a spoiled brat?’ I thought to him. ”No problem……midget…” we began to laugh as I opened my mouth to speak.

-”I promise to get to know her.” I told him and he mumbled good.

-”Now your going to tell them…Bella and that other girl who seem just as confused” suddenly he spoke louder as he led me to the living room. I could tell that my face was red from the pointless tears, but being embarrassed by my appearance only made me redder. “don’t worry……she’ll explain everything.” I know Jenevive had never understood why I had “human” eyes, but what the hell. When I picked up my head she gasped. I turned to Bella.

-”I’m sorry for my behavior……it’s just……I didn’t like the idea of being replaced…” with that said multiple people opened their mouths to object but I beat them to it. “I now understand that it was stupid……and to clear things off……I’m…not human……well full human……I’m a hybrid…A cross between a vampire and a human.” I waited to see her shocked face. “You don’t believe me do you.” I said smiling sadly as I looked mainly at Bella as Jenevive stepped next to her. I breathed in deeply and let that same rush of heat devour my body. When I reopened my eyes she gasped.

-”y…yo…you…l…look just like…E...Edward!” she stuttered obviously shocked. I smiled as Edward came closer to me.

-”Ya think?” I asked beaming that I looked like my older brother. She nodded her head.

-”B...but h...how?” I opened my mouth and instantly closed it.

-”Uh…Carlisle…..do you mind?” I asked gesturing towards my adoptive father.

-”Certainly” he muttered as he stepped forward. I read her mind.

-”Yes this is possible.” I answered for her. She looked shocked. “What didn’t you know we all had super abilities…I got that from…”

-”You can read her MIND!” Everyone shouted towards me. I looked confused.

-”Yea…can’t you?” I asked Ed. He just shook his head.

-”How come you can’t but she can?” Bella asked Edward, who was still very surprised.

-”I think it’s because her power isn’t like mine….she has the ability to manipulate other abilities……she can learn to use a vampires abilities and use them to her advantage by either rendering them useless or using it for her own benefit.”

-”yea watch..” I said as I disappeared from one spot and appeared on top of the stairs.

-”Hey!” shouted Jenevive. “That’s my gift missy,” I gave her a cheesy smile and went back using my super speed. Bella looked like her eyes where going to explode out of her sockets.

-”Bella…Jenevive?” Carlisle asked making sure he said Jen’s name correctly…she nodded. “No one must know of what Violette really is….is that understood?” they both nodded.

-”Of course….she’s my friend……wouldn’t want the Volturi knowing that’s for sure.” Jen said with an acidy voice. You see the Volturi took away her mate from her after he refused to join the royal guard. The had made up some observed story about how he was creating newborns recklessly, that was their cover up story. I smiled sadly at her as Carlisle continued.

-”Right. You see how she came to be is unsure……Violette actually remembers what it was like inside her mother’s womb……Even then she loved her mother……but her mother, Elizebeth…” Edward and I looked down when he said her name… I only knew her for two years before she died of the influenza. I had grown to love my family so in those two short years… It was hard to get my mother to believe I was her daughter.

*flashback*

Carlisle had found a newborn child in a trash can……feeling the need to cremate the child he lifted it but saw that the child had red irises. Him thinking that it was one of the forbidden children grew scared…but my human side took over and I began to cry showing tears…he grew curious of me and kept me…… in 5 years I already appeared to be a 16 year old girl. By the time I reached that actual age, Carlisle had taken me to France to an elder looking vampire named Gerald where he named me after the purple flowers I adored so. When Carlisle came back I told him about how a man that wore the same gowns as he, a doctor, thought I was dead.

*Different flashback*(this is what happened while she was born)

*Baby’s Pov*(Violette)

My instincts told me to reach up and escape…but I could here my mother crying so I waited… I curled up to a ball. Soon feeling a strange push engulf me to exit my old home. I thought I was still suppose to stay curled….afraid to make noise because the lights scared me so I kept them shut. I could here another voice.

-”I’m sorry Mrs. Mason, she’s a still born.” Was that what I was? I had no idea what that was. I wanted the woman to hold me in her arms. I felt someone put me down. I could hear sobs. I peaked an eye open still wary of the light and smells. I felt like I could hurt the one in which brought me life. She was beautiful. I wanted now more than ever for her to hold me. Suddenly I was lifted again and carried away. I herd a loud sound and was put down again. When I opened my eyes it was dark and smelled awful. I stood still hoping the woman would come to my aid……she didn’t.

*Elizabeth’s Pov*

They had told me my child was a still born. I was devastated. Even though the child had a chance of being of the man who had abused of me, I still felt that the child did not need to suffer.

-”Do not cry wife. We will have another if it is what you wish.” I shook my head to signal no.

-”I just want to retreat home and embrace my son, Edward.”

*end of flash backs*

When I got my act together I noticed Carlisle was almost done explaining things to them.

-”We waited a while before I allowed Violette to interact with her family. Once I noticed that she was no threat. The child could control her thirst better than I…not once has she had a single drop of human blood…she only needs to feed at least once every two months if she stay human…she’s been trying to be both at the same time…but every time she does her human side wins and she passes out.*sigh* When Violette was biologically 14 in years I allowed her to see her mother. Somehow the woman believed her when she said she had reason to believe she was her mother.”

-”She looked just my mother. She was a smaller replica of her with a face of an angel.” Edward said smiling sadly as me and him continued to look down. I remember showing him everything I remembered from how I knew her to how I was born, once he knew the truth and was transformed that is.

-”Wow.” Bella and Jenevive said in unison.