Status: This story suddenly got inspiration! :D

Hush, Hush

lights

I didn't wake up as bright and early as I had hoped.

I must have been really tired because when I opened my eyes, the clock blared 6:00PM at me. For a minute, I thought I was up too early because the clock couldn't tell between morning and evening. So I looked at the bedside table for an alternative.

I was so used to seeing the green neon light of my alarm clock back at home that it took me awhile before I realized that nothing besides the tray of food was there. There was no sunlight streaming through the windows so I assumed it was PM.

Yes, I was a smart cookie.

I rubbed my eyes and placed a lazy hand on my forehead. Groaning, I slumped off the bed and sluggishly put my feet in my slippers. I walked out to the hall and turned right, making my way to the bathroom.

"Chloe, is that you?" I heard a voice ask from deeper in the house. I was too stiff and cranky from being in the same position for so long to go to her so I just called out, "Chelsea?"

I heard a chuckle. "Yeah, it's me. You finally got up huh?" I grunted in reply. Walking like a slug, I stood in front of the bathroom door, my hand poised on the doorknob.

Honestly, my body felt like an engine with no fuel at all. It took all of my concentration to move a limb and I wondered how I was going to brush my teeth. Laziness doesn't get you anywhere, I told myself off before turning the knob.

It took me twenty minutes to get back to my room. No, not because I was so lazy and brushed my teeth slowly. It was because I took a shower, albeit a quick one. I didn't do my hair though because God knows how long it will take to dry it.

My hair had a habit of turning into curls, especially when I needed to look my best. And I needed to look good for my first official day of work. As I striped out of my pajamas and slipped into a pair of black shorts and a white t-shirt, I realized something.

Shit, I thought when my slow brain caught up.

"Chelsea!" I yelled, running to where I thought she was. The living room came into view and I whisked my head towards the couch. She looked up at me alarmed, her spoon midway between her bowl and mouth.

"What?" she said, uncrossing her legs. She placed her bowl on the table, frantically staring behind me. I looked over my shoulder, frightened that something was there. I didn't know what I would do if something was. I could hardly fight off a person, regardless of their gender or size.

I'll bet you my life a seven year old girl could beat me up.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I replied, thankful that nothing was there. I looked at her incredulously as my sleepy eyes adjusted to the darkness. She wasn't wearing any makeup and it seemed to me from where I stood that she had on a pair of short-shorts and a tank top.

When I came in the other day, she was dressed like she was going on a date or to an important meeting. At least, that's what it looked like to me. We ended up going to the mall of all places so I figured she was the type that just wore nice things no matter what.

"Gosh, don't scare me like that. I thought you saw a ghost or something."

She brushed way a loose strand of her hair and picked her bowl up again. I frowned, wondering why she said ghosts. Ghosts didn't exist; everyone knows that. Did she think I was the type that believed in them or something?

I believed in things I could see only. The only thing that could exist despite me not seeing any as of yet, were yetis. I was a science geek, if you're seeking an explanation.

Chelsea stuffed another serving of cereal into her system, laughing before saying, "It's Sunday, silly. No work."

My ears perked at that and an impulsive grin dawned on my face. Chelsea patted the space next to her and I seated myself. "Want to watch something?" she asked, getting up towards the television. She grabbed the remote and sat back down, pointing it at a rectangular thing on top of it.

My eyes watched on in wonder as channel by channel flashed across the screen. I've never watched a show on television before but Chelsea kept asking me what I wanted to see. She kept flipping through channels, not stopping long enough for me to even get a glimpse of what the hell was airing.

So I just yelled "That!" without even knowing what it was. She lowered the remote and I noticed a beach and two teenagers. It seemed entertaining enough so we sat for the whole episode. By the end I was in love. My new favorite show - according to Chelsea - was "The O.C".

The boy named Seth was cute but I liked Ryan for some reason. He was sort of a rebel boy but with a good heart. I don't know exactly, but that's what I perceived. For the next three hours we watched random things, some of which were rather boring.

Compared to ''The O.C." at least.

Only 90210 - a show slightly similar - was worth our time. Chelsea said she thought the black haired dude, Tai was cute but I disagreed; I kind of liked Ethan more. I realized I had a thing for sandy brown haired guys.

I didn't miss the fact that both Ethan and Ryan were the type that hid things from people. That they held secrets that could hurt the people that cared and mattered. But they were characters in a series that someone thought up. They weren't real people, I thought as Chelsea and I went to our separate rooms to call it a night.

I wasn't tired obviously so I just flipped on the lights, grabbed a book from the small pile I brought with me and started to read. The main character - Howe Spinner - I realized, had green eyes and sandy brown hair. I laughed to myself when the reason why I liked him all this time hit me.

As usual, he was lying to his girlfriend Fiona but she didn't know it was for her own good. Couldn't she see that? If only she knew why he was doing it, she would be crying for a whole other reason, I thought, shaking my head at how cliché the words she was saying were.

I almost wished I was there to just tell her. Or maybe she didn't deserve him. She sure as hell broke up with him without hearing him out. As far as I was concerned, he was better off.

I wondered then, if all guys were like Howe.

I never had a boyfriend and the only guy I liked was named Gui. He already had a girlfriend two years later when I had the guts to actually tell him how I felt. I have been kissed by two guys but those were in fourth and fifth grade. I was informed later that it was a dare.

So suffice to say, I was clueless on the whole boys topic. I wasn't in any hurry to find one though. For all I cared, I was fine without one.

But who knew that I was about to meet one of my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long overdue? I think so.

This is somewhat of a filler. I'm still trying to perfect their meeting.

BUUUUT I'M SENSING SOME Brain Dales ACTION SOON.