Status: Completed

Somewhere Weaknesses Are Strength

Chapter 23

From the moment Hayley announced they needed to be on the deck, Sebastian had been jittery. Throughout the process of grooming the princess, her eyes had been wide with fear. When the time came to leave the room, Sebastian remained seated on the bed, arms crossed, and outright refused Hayley's command. In retaliation, Hayley attempted to drag Sebastian from the room. Sebastian grabbed onto everything in their path to keep from being pulled onto the deck, ending up attached to the doorframe, where she was still attached. No matter how hard Hayley pulled, Sebastian simply wouldn't let go.

Sebastian was not going anywhere near the deck. There was no way in hell she would step foot onto an open area where she could actually see the rocking waves. She wouldn't have it.

"Would you just let go?" Hayley asked trough gritted teeth.

They needed to be on deck for arrival. It was as simple as that. She understood Sebastian was afraid but the princess didn't have a choice in the matter. Sebastian would be standing next to Hayley as they arrived whether she liked it or not.

"No," Sebastian yelped.

"I can't go out there without you."

"Yes, you can," Sebastian returned.

Hayley could manage just fine without Sebastian. The princess knew she wouldn't aid in any of Hayley's tasks. In fact, she would likely hold Hayley back from taking charge of the ship. And, yet, Hayley was insisting she go on deck with her.

"No, I can't," Hayley replied, "When we dock, I have to be standing on deck. The second our ship is docked properly, I get off this ship to greet my king. I can not come back in here to bring you to the deck, therefore you need to be on deck with me."

"I'm not going on deck," Sebastian stated.

"And how do you plan on getting off this ship?"

Sebastian had to pass through the deck at some point. She couldn't stay in the bedchamber and expect to find some way out. It was impossible unless she decided to dismantle the ship. Hayley would not allow that. No matter how cute Sebastian was, she would not be able to get away with taking apart Hayley's ship.

Well, if she begged enough, Hayley may cave in.

"Same way I got on; knock me out again," Sebastian said.

"You are so fucking stubborn," Hayley growled.

"Father used to say the same thing."

For once, Sebastian was able to mention her father without feeling extreme sadness. This was a good sign; she could reinvent her life once out of the captain's hold without being tied down by emotional baggage.

Hayley let go of Sebastian's waist and huffed, becoming thoroughly pissed off with the situation. Sebastian was going to make Hayley late, which would make Hayley look like an unprepared captain in front of her king and citizens that would be there to greet her.

"Sebastian Cavalier, if you don't let go this instant, I'll fill a bucket with rats, block their escape with your stomach, and heat the bucket. Hungry rats excited by fire with one route of escape, I think you know where this is going. I can guarantee that you will not die immediately," Hayley threatened.

Sebastian's eyes widened. Hayley had to be oddly demented to have come up with such a thing. No sane person Sebastian knew would have thought of it. The prisoners of her country were never treated in such a way. Rats were vile enough on their own. But eating through her stomach? That was downright putrid.

However, she had to admit Hayley was clever.

Sebastian turned from the doorframe and threw her body onto Hayley's, causing the pirate to propel backwards into the opposing wall. Hayley grunted upon impact, Sebastian's arms latching around her neck.

"I'm sorry, don't be mad," Sebastian mumbled, nuzzling her face into Hayley's neck.

Hayley heard little of what Sebastian said, focused more on the princess' body pressed against hers. Hayley let her hands wander down the silk-clad sides of Sebastian's waist to her well-defined behind, cupping the round surface. Sebastian bit her lip, surpassing an urge to moan. Hayley's hands squeezing her behind, pressing her even closer to the pirate's body, excited Sebastian.

Being in such close proximity of the princess made Hayley want to throw Sebastian against the wall and ravage her body until Sebastian could no longer move. Images of the things she could do to the girl flashed through her mind. The king could wait.

Hayley internally groaned, remembering exactly what she needed to do before Sebastian's body was so carelessly thrown against hers. The king couldn't wait. Hayley would dishonor herself if she didn’t greet the king properly. He was, after all, the one willing to let her live in the country without persecution for piracy.

"Its fine," Hayley forced out, pushing the images to the back of her mind, "Let's get on deck before we reach land."

Sebastian's grip on Hayley's neck loosened, allowing Hayley the freedom to move and breath. Hayley moved an arm around Sebastian's waist to keep the princess stable on the rocking ship; her other arm dropped to her side.

"Come on," Hayley instructed.

Sebastian allowed Hayley to guide her through the unfamiliar hallway. Though they had gone through it when Sebastian gave in to Hayley's demands, Sebastian hadn't learned the mapping of the hallway. It hadn't been top priority at the time and still wasn't top priority.

They were about to get off the ship, it didn't matter what Sebastian knew about it.

Hayley opened a door at the end of the hallway, exposing a small set of stairs to the pair. Grip tight around Sebastian's waist, Hayley began to lead the princess up the steps. Though there weren't many steps, Sebastian still couldn't walk on the ship by herself. Hayley wasn't willing to let the princess fall and hurt herself.

With each step, Sebastian's grip around Hayley's neck tightened. She was terrified about going onto the deck. Nothing good could come out of it, she was convinced.

Hayley pushed the door at the end of the short staircase open, a rush of salty air hitting them full force. With the smell came no comfort to Sebastian, though Hayley seemed completely at ease with the scent. In the back of Sebastian's head, she continued to remind herself she would be escaping soon. She could bear the smell for a short period of time.

The two walked through the door, Hayley leading the way. Sebastian's eyes wandered around the deck, taking in the sight for the first time in her life. Men were everywhere. They were large, much larger than the pirates she had already seen. In fact, they looked more like the pirates she had heard about: muscular, angry, and covered in various tattoos and piercings. They were scary however Hayley even the slightest bit angry was much scarier.

The men ran around the deck, completing their appointed duties so the ship wouldn't crash before reaching land. They seemed to be much more focused than Hayley described them the night before. Perhaps she gave them a firm talking to before waking Sebastian.

Jeremy was at one end of the ship, dictating to a group of crew members. Zac was helping Josh watch over them from one of the balcony posts. Taylor could be seen through the window of what Sebastian assumed was the infirmary, bandaging the arm of one of the crew members.

A few maids flitted around the deck, cleaning and talking. They were cute, with tiny upturned noses and thin waists. Sebastian noticed Hayley staring after the girls, a feeling of jealousy washing over her. She didn't know why but she didn't want Hayley looking at another female. Not with that look, like she wanted to toss them against the nearest hard object and violate them. That was unacceptable.

"Stop that," Sebastian commanded.

Hayley turned her attention from the group of maids to Sebastian, "Stop what?"

"That."

Hayley's brows drew together. What the hell was Sebastian talking about?

"I'm not doing anything."

"Yes, you are. Stop looking at them."

Realization quickly overcame Hayley's mind, "Are you jealous?"

"No," Sebastian replied.

"I think you are," Hayley smirked.

"I'm not jealous."

"Well then I guess you wouldn't mind if I asked one of them to keep me company tonight."

"Don't do that."

"Just admit you're jealous."

Pouting, Sebastian turned her face away from Hayley. The captain's chuckle hit her ears followed by a light kiss on the cheek. Sebastian kept her upset expression, eyes wandering around the ship again. It was a bit fascinating. She had never been on a moving ship before.

Sebastian's eyes widened. She was on a moving ship. Her grip on Hayley's neck grew even tighter, earning a choking noise from the captain. Sebastian buried her face against Hayley's body.

She was going to die.

"Sweetheart, you're going to strangle me," Hayley said.

Sebastian whimpered, her body remaining against Hayley's. Hayley sighed, pried Sebastian off of her, and forced her captive to face her. Fear radiated from Sebastian's hazel depths. It was something Hayley couldn't understand, the fear. Water was no more dangerous than land.

"Calm down. There's nothing to be afraid of, I promise," Hayley said.

The fear did not disappear from Sebastian's eyes. Hayley thought to herself for a moment, trying to find a way to distract the princess from the waves. An idea sparked in the back of her mind. There were a few things that made Sebastian lose her mind, if only for a little while.

Hayley glanced around the ship. With so many crew members around, she couldn't do anything to Sebastian without them seeing. She would have to deal with taunting from her crew for awhile. They took every chance they got to tease her, even if they did respect her.

But the taunting was well worth Sebastian's sanity.

Hayley took a breath, eyes returning to the terrified girl in front of her. It was now or never.

The captain pulled Sebastian to her body, smashing her lips against the princess'. Sebastian's eyes fluttered shut upon impact, melting into the kiss without fight. Their lips moved together, as they had grown accustomed to, the tantalizing way that made Sebastian drop her guard. Hayley's hands ran down Sebastian's sides again to grip Sebastian's behind through the thin dress. Sebastian groaned, her mind long since abandoning her.

Various claps and whistles sounded above Sebastian's haze. Hayley pulled away, glaring at her crew.

"Well, shiver me timbers. Captain has a soft side," one remarked.

"And it took a wee lass to bring it out," another said, Scottish accent thick.

"Go back to work," Hayley barked.

The crew members laughed, doing as commanded. Hayley knew she would never hear the end of this.

Hayley looked at Sebastian, hoping her plan worked. The fearful expression no longer haunted Sebastian's eyes, replaced by a layer of lust.

"Come on," Hayley said, tugging Sebastian toward a spot where they could overlook the land.

Sebastian followed, not fully comprehending what was happening. Her gaze remained on Hayley, not the water lapping the side of the ship or the approaching shore. Why did Hayley always have to pull away?

Hayley stared out at the land; excited cheers of the civilians could clearly be heard over the waves the ship created.

It was good to be home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Vince, childhoodsxhour, likeswimmingcircles, rmuise617, PrincessThrakena, Danelradcliffe1fan, the-quiet-one, happyamanda, LatteIV, and X_xsordid-soulsx_X.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment/Subscribe?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste