Status: Completed

Somewhere Weaknesses Are Strength

Chapter 49

The large cement bench beneath Sebastian's rear provided not comfort in the rose garden. Floral designs decorated the legs, large slabs of cements that could hold up any of Hayley's crew. Roses, twisting vines, flower buds had been engraved in them by faultless hands, all fitting in with the garden. The benches were likely made with Hayley's garden in mind.

Each item in the garden fit together. The statues, the benches, the fences, and plants were meant for the garden, placed with purpose and thought. Even the flower colors correlated, creating a truly gorgeous array of designs.

But it smelled so miserably of roses that Sebastian wished death upon the plants.

God, she hated roses.

Hayley liked them, though. The care she put into them was clear. She may have helped the gardeners on occasion. Regardless, they were taken care of. And Sebastian would put up with their rancid smell for the night. The events of the next day loomed over them, unclear and frightening. She figured she should at least attempt to enjoy something Hayley enjoyed for the sake of creating memories that would last if she were taken away.

Hayley's excited smile and proud glint in her eyes were enough to make up for the miserable smell of the garden.

"Is the smell driving you mad yet?" Hayley teased.

"I wish you would cut those dreadful plants down and replace them with something enjoyable. Daisies are lovely, perhaps some hibiscus plants or lilies."

Granted, there were some lilies in the garden, hibiscus, too. Not enough to clear the scent of roses, but enough to add to the scenery.

"No can do, sweetheart. You'll have to live with a rose garden for the rest of your life."

"Is that so?"

Smirking, Hayley nodded and took a spot on the bench next to Sebastian. Their shoulders pressed, knees brushing. In the cool air of the night, heat spread from Hayley to Sebastian's shawl-less shoulders. Subconsciously, Sebastian fidgeted closer to capture more of the body heat. Hayley took notice of the movement and wrapped an arm around Sebastian's shoulders.

"And there's nothing I can do to change your mind?" Sebastian asked.

"Nothing at all."

"What if I say I'll have sex with you in the garden if you get rid of the roses?"

Desperate times called for desperate measures.

Though this may not have counted as desperate times.

Technicalities.

Hayley didn't respond immediately, her gaze trailing over the princess' body. There were so many things they could try in the garden, so many surfaces they could use. Get rid of the roses and the dirty thoughts floating through Hayley's head would be fulfilled.

It was tempting.

"How about," Hayley started, "I keep the roses and have my way with you in the garden?"

Leave it to Hayley to come up with her own solution that didn't resemble the ultimatums set up by Sebastian.

"That wasn't an option."

"But it’s a much better one."

"I'd have to disagree."

"When I take you on a bench one day, you'll change your mind pretty quickly."

"You have a lot of faith in those fingers of yours."

"You seemed to enjoy them a great deal last night."

Sebastian's cheeks didn't erupt in flames at the comment. Her composure remained, back straight, hazel eyes locked on Hayley's playful ones.

"I can't disagree with that."

There was no point in doing so. She liked Hayley's touch. She felt she would always enjoy Hayley's touch. Even if her time with Hayley ended the next day, she wouldn't regret any of the things they had done. Time with Hayley was precious. Sebastian may have been beat weeks ago, her country may have been destroyed, but she found stability in the pleasure Hayley gave her and her feelings for the pirate, though they were ever-changing.

Smirking, Hayley asked, "What did you enjoy the most?"

Sebastian may have been bold enough to admit she enjoyed her time with her the night before, but Hayley knew she wouldn't get a response to the question. She watched the princess' eyes widen, her mouth opening and shutting a few times as if she were going to answer at any moment. A bloom of red spread on her cheeks, over the bridge of her nose. Light pink spread over her neck and partially exposed bosom. Her mouth clamped shut, and green started to peak through the hazel in the dim lighting. This reaction was expected.

"Hayley," she whined, "stop doing that."

That. Asking her to tell her what she liked, what she wanted, like she could actually put those actions into words without becoming embarrassed.

"Do you really not want to talk about what you enjoyed?"

Other women Hayley had been intimate with didn't hesitate to tell her such things, knowing their favorite moments would be relived in action again. They had discussed things they would like to try, things they detested. The one woman who hadn't been open cheated on her. In order to keep the princess, she needed to be able to do things she liked in bed.

Sure, they needed to make it through King Ferdinand's visit the next day but making strides toward their future didn't hurt.

"No," Sebastian answered.

"But how will I know what you like if you don't tell me? I only want to make sure you're pleased."

Sebastian wasn't understanding. Hayley could see that in her flushed face. That wasn't the princess' fault. She wasn't versed in intimate or romantic relationships, and this wasn't something she would understand on her own.

Or maybe she would. Hayley had learned through trial and error the importance of openness in relationships. Perhaps Sebastian needed to learn on her own how important communication was.

But Hayley didn't want to be an error on Sebastian's relationship record. She didn't want Sebastian to have a relationship record beyond her. Sebastian was hers, and she would stay that way.

"I like everything you do," Sebastian said.

A lame attempt at deflection.

"What do you like the most?"

The painfully pathetic deflection tactic failing, Sebastian ducked her head, gaze focusing on her hands that lay motionless in her lap. She could feel Hayley's eyes on her, watching and waiting for an answer that would never come.

Or would it? Hayley was persistent with the question. This was clearly important to her. Could Sebastian deny her an answer? She had gone as far as to sit in the rose garden Hayley enjoyed for the sake of reveling in their relationship. She could answer a simple question.

Answering was nerve-wracking, though.

Time ticked on, and Hayley received no response. She sighed and allowed her arm to fall from Sebastian's shoulders. They would work on it later, assuming there was a later.

"We should go inside. It's getting late," Hayley said.

She pressed her hands to the bench to push herself off. Sebastian's hand darted from her lap and gripped Hayley's arm before she could move from the seat. Eyebrow raised, Hayley glanced at the hand on her arm, then at Sebastian, who looked shocked she had grappled onto the pirate.

"Yes?" Hayley asked.

"Um," Sebastian paused, pulling her grip off Hayley's arm and resting the hand in her lap again. "I like when you." She took a breath, shaky with nerves. "I like when you play with my," she halted, the ending stuck in the confines of her throat.

"Play with your what?"

Unable to choke the word out, Sebastian pointed to one of her breasts, over the area where a light outline on her nipple was seen.

"Your nipples?" Hayley asked.

Eyes wide, flush deepening, Sebastian nodded. "When you bite them and lick them and stuff."

"I didn't know you liked it that much."

This was the first thing Sebastian felt the need to point out.

In all honesty, it should have been obvious. Sebastian had a fascination with Hayley's nipples and moaned like a banshee when Hayley sucked on hers, but Hayley hadn't made the connection. She chalked it up as the response to normal foreplay, nothing more.

"I do."

"I'll remember that."

Delivery aside, the admission was a step in the right direction. Sebastian wasn't willing to say more, to elaborate on things she enjoyed in the bedroom, but that was okay. This was the most Hayley had gotten from the princess in terms of sexual communication. She would take what she could get, instead of demanding more. Sebastian had to take steps to become comfortable with something, and this was one of many.

"Are you ready for bed?" Hayley asked, standing from the bench.

Nodding, Sebastian stood, as well, leaving her perch in the smelly rose garden. Together, she and Hayley walked through the maze of the garden, silent. Hayley's hand found Sebastian's in the dim lighting, their fingers intertwining. Comfort passed through them from the small gesture.

Hayley never wanted this to go away.

They walked to their room, past butlers and flitting maids, up staircases and through hallways. With the door shut firmly behind them, Hayley stood behind Sebastian and slipped the clothing from Sebastian's body, a puddle of silk resting at her feet. Hayley pressed her clothed form to Sebastian's nude back, arms wrapping around her middle, face nuzzling her hair.

"I just want to hold you tonight," Hayley mumbled, breathing the scent of her princess.

"I'd never stop you from doing that."

Smiling, Hayley drew her arms from around Sebastian's waist and pushed her towards the bed. "Get in."

Sebastian obliged, climbing onto the bed and under the comforter while Hayley undressed. Nude, Hayley followed, pulling their bodies together under the heavy comforter. Overwhelmed with the imminent events of the next day, they stared into each other's eyes, memorizing what they could.

"I love you," Hayley mumbled, "You don't have to feel the same way, but I want you to know you've taken my heart."

Breathing caught in her throat, Sebastian said nothing immediately and took in the sincerity pooling from Hayley's eyes. She meant it. She truly meant it.

"I," she paused. "I don't know what to say."

Because she hadn't figured things out yet. Lover was one thing, love was another.

Hayley expected the answer. She only bared the truth so Sebastian would know in the event anything go wrong the next day.

"Don't say anything. Just cuddle with me."

"I can do that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the-quiet-one, stary_night_blossoms, Danelradcliffe1fan, Silver.Aer, and nimrod;.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment/Subscribe?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste