Status: Completed

Just Like Before

1/1

"So Jacob, what are you doing today?" His friend James asked as he took another bite of his breakfast toast.

Jacob sighed and shook his head, his straight chestnut brown hair stayed perfectly in place. "I don't have the slightest clue. I just wish I could have gone to America."

"And what? Follow that haughty taughty Giselle? Well, she's no good for you. Never was, never will be. Just keep that in mind mate." James said as he waved his mug in the air, "Can I get another beer in here or do I have to do it myself?"

Jacob sighed, "I've really got to be going. I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Yeah. Go sulk on your own. I've got loads of other things to do. When can I get another beer?" He yelled hotly as the bar maid rolled her eyes and began walking towards their table.

Jacob just got up and exited the pub. He knew that James would never understand how he felt about Bonnie. But the glamourous life of the New Worlds had taken her from him. He entered his flat and walked into the living room.

Books lined the shelves on the wall, and a fat lazy black cat sat in the window. His eyes closed as he soaked in the warm rays of the sun, he was happily purring. A lone piano sat in the middle of the living room. It was once used to entertain guests, but now stood as a relic of what used to be.

Jacob would play the piano and Bonnie would sing for their guests. She had an amazing voice, and her presence just demanded attention. From her curly blond hair to her blue eyes, to her voluptuous figure. Everything about her screamed, "Look at me!"

Jacob walked to the piano that he had never touched in years. The dust was caked high onto the once polished surface. His fingers fondled the ebony and ivory keys, and it made his blood pump.

He finally sat down and looked at the keyboard. He pushed down one key and the sound verberated in the room. Then he pushed another, and those keys progressed to full chords. Suddenly he was playing a tune, and he hummed along.

"Hmm hmm hm hm hmm hmmm..." He hummed softly before he went on to adding lyrics. "My Bonnie lies over the ocean. My Bonnie lies over the sea. My Bonnie lies over the ocean. Please bring my Bonnie back to me. Bring back, bring back... Oh, bring back my Bonnie to me, to me. Bring back, bring back... Oh, bring back my Bonnie to me."

He stopped suddenly and turned around when he thought he heard a sound. He smiled when he seen Bonnie standing in the doorway, "Jacob. I'm back."

Jacob smiled as he ran to her and hugged her, swinging her in a full circle before putting her down on the ground to kiss her. It seemed like a simple song, but it was an answer to his prayers. Now he had Bonnie back in his arms, just like before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading.