Status: permanent hiatus - sorry

Benji

022; that boy on the stairs.

“I have to go,” Benji whispered when we broke apart, his arms still looped around my neck. His cheeks had a gorgeous pink tinge to them and there was a shy smile on his lips.

Grinning, I nodded and quickly pressed my lips against his again, enjoying the feeling I got when he responded.

Words can’t even describe how amazing it felt: the simple feeling of holding him, the way that his arms felt around my neck; the fireworks that exploded in my chest and the fluttering in my stomach. I wanted to shout and scream and dance and jump. I was fucking ecstatic.

“Really,” Benji giggled, “Carl wanted me home half an hour ago.”

“He won’t mind waiting another ten minutes.” I kissed him again, and again, and again. A series of soft, chaste pecks, but they were enough to melt my heart.

Benji eventually leaned away. “Reid,” he whined, though he was still smiling so I knew he wasn’t being serious. “I really have to go.”

I sighed, nodded, kissed him again. “See you tomorrow?” I whispered hopefully, pressing my lips to his cheek.

He nodded shyly as he slipped out of my arms and down the stairs. When he got to the front door, he turned back to me and waved, his blue eyes shining, before disappearing outside.

Immediately, I wanted to run after him. I wanted to have my arms around him again, my lips against his again. I wanted to thread my fingers through his hair, feel his breath against my skin. I wanted to walk him to his house to make sure he got there safely. I wanted to hold him and never let go.

I couldn’t remember the last time I felt this happy, this completely ecstatic. I wanted to tell the entire world that yes, Benji does like me.

“‘Cilla!” I called, sprinting into my room.

She looked up at me from her position at my desk, her eyes wide with surprise. “Your mood seems to have drastically changed,” she commented.

I laughed and sat on the edge of my bed, trying to sort my thoughts into coherent fragments. “Okay, so, you know I’m bi, right?” I started.

Priscilla’s face seemed to drop slightly but, being the selfish person that I am, I ignored it and continued talking. And once I’d started, I just couldn’t seem to stop.

“Well, that boy on the stairs…”