Status: Progressing

Love Never Seems To Fade

Close Call

I walked around my apartment, well more paced around. I was waiting for my friend to come pick me up. I looked up at the huge canvas on my small lounge room wall. I looked over Jack Barakat’s features. Every girl wanted him, well him and Alex, but that was beside the point.
“Hurry the fuck up.” I muttered to myself and collapsed on the couch.
It had been a year and a half since I left Maryland; I still kept in contact with the boys. They had come around to Cali a few times but I decided not to go to the concerts. Until now, my friend Alicia had a thing for Zack, I laughed when I first found out about her fascination in him. He would have loved her. Rian was still dating Kara and I’d seen Kara a few times since I moved. She would come down to see me at least once every three months.
I remember the first time she walked into my apartment, she laughed at me for even keeping my photos of Jack and the boys. She had said ‘Peyton, you moved away from them to forget about Jack’s marriage but you have photos littering your walls and he still calls you.’ She was right I went about everything the wrong way, but I liked how I did it. I would die if I didn’t hear one of their voices every day.

And when Kara said that my walls are littered in photographs she isn’t lying, in my bedroom I had one wall dedicated to photos of them, I went and got all my photos of us developed and stuck them all to the wall. I think it was very creative if I do say so myself.
Every now and then I would receive gifts from the guys, mainly for Christmas and my birthday. Once Jack had got Kara to send a diamond ring, it looked like it would have cost a fortune and I was in fact wearing it at that very moment. I didn’t take it off for a week after I got it. Alicia thought I was nuts. But now I was waiting to go see my best friends live.

As Alicia walked though the apartment I stood up. She looked me over; I was wearing spotted skinny jeans, a Black top with a white picture on it and high heels. I was also wearing the bracelet Alex had given me, the ring Jack’s mom had given me; the one Jack had given me... of course, a black heart necklace and earrings. I thought I looked decent.
“You don’t look like you are going to a concert with those on.” She laughed pointing to my shoes. I shrugged and took one last look at my canvas. I looked exactly the same now as I did then. I kept my hair that length and had put practically the exact same make-up on. Though a part of me didn’t want them to recognize me, the other part did. “Whatever, besides I’m sure Jack will think you look stunning.” She winked and grabbed my hand.
Alicia knew about everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. She knew I kept up with that my friends were doing and yes Jack did get the divorce he said he was going to. I constantly read up on them, I loved knowing everything about them.
“Shut up Alicia” I poked my tongue out at her revealing the purple and green tongue ring I’d gotten. She laughed at me poking her own out revealing a pink and white one. “MINES BETTER!” I laughed loudly. She shook her head and pulled me into the taxi she had taken here... note to self: I really needed a car.

I was now a qualified journalist. After I came to LA I decided to start studying again. I had already done certificate one and two before so all I needed was my final certificate. Now it was to just find a job. Well a decent one anyway. Then save up.

“PEYYY” Alicia squeaked pulling me out of a daze.
“Yes Alicia?” I asked looking at her.
“Look out the window!” she squawked excitedly. I frowned and looked out my window and sitting on the side walk about two blocks away from the venue were the band, most of them holding a coffee. “Um sir can you pull over!” she smiled. he did as she asked and jumped over me.
“Alicia what are you doing!” I frowned and ran after her. “ALICIA!” I screamed. All eyes turned to me. I was a little embarrassed and hung my head hoping not to catch anyone’s attention.
“What I’m going to meet All Time Low!” she gave me a sharp look and turned around.
“Well I’ll, um, wait here.” I sighed and leaned against the wall running my tongue ring across my lip, a nervous habit.

I could clearly hear the conversation. Alicia was seriously excited to see my best friends. I know it probably seems strange that I’m trying to avoid them but only Kara knew where I lived. So for all they knew I could have been in Texas.
“Who is your friend?” Jack’s voice filled my ears. I moved uncomfortably.
“Oh her name is... Beetle.” Alicia used the nickname she had given me when we first became friends.
“Hm tell her to come over here.” Rian frowned; I on the other hand was looking at the group directly.
“Um she’s shy, maybe we can see you guys after the show has finished?” she knew I didn’t want them to notice me, not yet.
“OH you two like us. Well I’m sure we can arrange that. Hey Beetle?” Alex smiled and winked. I smiled and nodded and hurried back into the taxi, my heart was racing, but I was sure Alex hadn’t recognized me... right?
Alicia walked calmly back into the cab and gave me a look that said ‘I’m SOOO Sorry!’ I shot daggers at her and turned away.

The cab driver went to the venue and we split the bill. I stormed in and looked walked down into the Mosh pit. One of my favorite places to be. Especially at an All Time Low concert.
“I’m sorry I didn’t think anything of it, I guess I shouldn’t have let them talk to you hey?” she asked. I was still a little mad, but who was I stop her from meeting her favorite band.
“Look it’s fine, just, I don’t know I’m scared, about Jack of all people. He says he understands, but I don’t know. I don’t want to find out for real.” I sigh and take our spots close to the stage. The lights dim and Every Avenue begin to play. I nod my head and bounce a little. What can I say the mosh pit and Every Avenue are a good mix. Half way through I was starting to get a little queasy so I squeezed my way out and went to g get some fresh air and a drink.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so it's taken a while for me to post but here it is! the sequel! i hope you all enjoyed it
Peyton's outfit http://www.polyvore.com/concert_outfit/set?id=17617932

Cass