‹ Prequel: Love at First Class
Status: This story is completed.

Love against law

Hollywood’s hottest news

Chapter 11: Hollywood’s hottest news:
“Hey girl!”
“Hi Anna” I hugged her, the second she closed the door behind her.
“So how’s it been?” she looked sadly at me.
“Well the meeting was a flop, my dad was insane, he dragged me home, I ran away from home, and here I am” I said lightly.
“Wow…well how’s life with the Truman’s?” she whispered.
“It’s wonderful, I’ve never been happier” I laughed.
“That’s good to hear” she said gladly. “You know your dad called my mom, they argued for an hour, and she ended up hanging up on him” Anna looked seriously. “He’s trying to get you back, and my mom says he sounds seriously freaking scary”
“Yeah I know he calls me every day, but I don’t answer” I couldn’t help but laugh, because that’s how I deal with things. “Well why don’t you come in, and have some tea with us?”
“That’d be lovely” Ana followed me to the tea room. Everyone was in there; I sat down at my usual spot, next to Alex.
“Anna! What a lovely surprise!” Margret clapped her hands together.
“It’s nice to see you all” Anna smiled, and sat down opposite me and Alex. Alex was about to say something, with a mischievous grin on his face.
“I would be careful as to what you say Alex” Anna shot before he could even make a sound. “Do I have to remind you of last summer’s Margret Truman Collection?” Alex froze and shut his mouth immediately, Anna grinned at him.
“What happened last summer?” I asked, looking at Margret.
“I gave Alex a summer job, modeling for my summer’s collection” Margret laughed. “It was such a lovely show, though Alex’s thinks it’s embarrassing”
I looked at Alex. “Why’s it embarrassing?”
“I don’t know, it’s just modeling, it’s not really what I want to be known for” Alex muttered.

Half a week passed quickly.
My phone vibrated, it was my mom, and I hesitantly pressed the answer button.
“Hi” I said slowly.
“Hey Sonea” my mom said sweetly.
“Is dad there?”
“No dear, he’s in the city”
“Okay…how’s everyone?”
“Jeff and Aiden are confused, they doesn’t really know anything, and Jeremy won’t tell them”
“I figured, how are you?” I asked, sitting back against Alex’s chest.
“I’m fine, I miss you” my mom sighed.
“I miss you too”
“Is Alex there?” she asked suddenly.
“Yeah, he’s right here” I squeezed Alex’s hand.
“C-can I speak with him?”
“Wait a sec…. there, now you can hear both of us” putting the phone in speaker mode, that way she could talk to the both of us.
“Ehh okay” my mom suddenly got nervous.
“Mom relax, we’re not gonna bite you” I laughed.
My mom laughed a little. “No… I realize that now, I guess I just wanted to say, that I am okay with you two being together, I just want you to be happy, both of you”
“Wow” Alex breathed.
“Mom that’s great!”
“Yes…but as much as I called for that, I also wanted to warn you. I love your dad Sonea, but right now, he’s planning something, he won’t tell me what it is, but it’s definitely about the two of you”
“Don’t worry Theresa, we are prepared” Alex reassured.
“Oh that’s good, I just want all of this trouble to be gone, oh and I should ask from Jeff, when are you coming home Sonea?”
“I don’t know mom, when this is over, or when the police drags me out of here” I laughed.
“Oh” my mom’s sad voice came from the phone on the table.
“We are taking good care of her” Alex smiled at me.
“Yeah it’s true mom, they are really great here”
“Just don’t forget that we miss-”
There were some noises in the back ground, a door was slammed, and a man’s voice yelled some-thing happily.
“No Jeremy I was just calling Sally”
“You’re not allowed to call her, have you forgotten?” my dad said kindly.
“I just missed talking to her” my mom lied; I wished I had inherited her acting gene. “Well goodbye Sally, take care” with that my mom ended the call. I looked at the phone, then at Alex, who looked at me.
“This sucks” I smiled.
“Yeah…what do you think he’s up to?” Alex asked seriously.
“I don’t know, but my guess is that it’s gonna be hell”

“Thanks’ George, now everybody the moment we all waited for is finally here! After this break, we will find out just why we haven’t seen anything to the famous Truman family!” the blonde said ex-citedly into the microphone.

“Margret! Come have a look! You’re on TV!” I yelled through the mansion.
“Sonea they are used to being on TV” Alex laughed at my amazement.
Margret appeared shortly after, together with Will.
“See Alex…even though they are used to being on TV, they think it’s fun to watch” I poked to Alex.
The commercials ended, and the blonde appeared again. Everyone went quiet.
I looked at the screen:

“Margret and William Truman appear to have left the Hollywood world for now. We’ve missed them, and wondered; where did they go? They are staying at their private mansion at the moment; they seemed to be taking a well earned holiday, from their busy work. But this man seems to know more about their disappearance, than anyone ever thought” the blonde disappeared, and a new pic-ture filled the screen.

“Is that m-my dad?!” I gasped.

“This is a man, who like every other father, expected his daughter to get a good education, by the best of teachers” the blonde’s voice echoed in my head.
“But he was very shocked to find, that the daughter, Sonea Jackson had been seduced at her own school”
“That’s not true!” I yelled at the TV, Alex just put his arm around me, and made me quiet down.
“The teacher who seduced her, was none other than Margret and William’s son Alex Truman” a picture of Alex flashed over the screen, I was tempted to wolf whistle just to make Alex blush, but decided against it.
“Yes that’s right… we first saw Alex as a damn good model, though his career stopped quickly, and everybody asked what he would do, and he answered;”
Alex appeared on the screen.
“I’m going to be a teacher, I just finished the education, and I’m now looking for a job. Teaching has always been a dream of mine, modeling was something I did for my mom’s sake” he smiled at the camera.
“Now Alex seems like a sweet kid, but is he really all that great? We went to the school where he works to confront the other teachers” Alex clapped a hand against his forehead.
“Damn” I sighed. “We’re screwed”
“What’s your name?”
“My name is Poul” my Physics teacher said happily into the microphone.
“And do you know a student, her name is Sonea Jackson”
“Yes I do, she’s in my class, but she’s been gone for a couple of days” Poul smiled.
“Do you also know the teacher, Alex Truman?”
“Yes I do” Poul froze a little, he obviously knew.
“We have heard rumors that Alex has seduced Sonea, do you think that’s true?” the blonde put the microphone up to Poul’s face, to get every bit of what he said.
“I think that could be true yes, we have seen them together a lot, and the teachers and I have talked about it, but we didn’t know that it was known to others or that it was so serious”
“How long have you known?”
“I would say about a small month” Poul was left, and the blonde went for the hallway, definitely heading for the principal. Barrowman answered the door, and motioned for her to sit down; he seemed calm about the whole ordeal.

“Hello I’m from Hollywood news, are you the principal at this place?”
“Yes I am” Barrowman answered.
“Did you know that the teacher Alex is seducing a student at this place?”
“I know that Alex, as a young teacher is very close to his students, but I can assure you that he has no wrong intentions in mind, he’s simply communicating with his students, as equally as a teacher can”
“But we have a man, who’s stating that his daughter see’s Alex as more than a teacher”
“Yes I am well aware that Sonea see’s Alex as more than a teacher”
“But how can you let that go on?”
“It’s simple really” Barrowman smiled friendly at the blonde, who actually smiled back. “My con-cern is the students, I have talked with them, and they all adore Alex, not only that, but they see him as a friend. They are eager to learn from him, because he relates to them, and in the students own words; Alex makes learning easier” barrowman paused.
“The learning has gone up by 15%, since Alex came, and that’s in every subject, the other teachers are also learning from him, and that’s just perfect. I must say, against all that you say, Alex is the best thing that’s happened to this school in a very long time”

“So there you have it, Alex is a wonderful teacher, but is he good enough to lure his way into an innocent girls mind? The answer is yes!” the blonde was back at the studio. “Let’s talk to the father of Sonea Jackson”
An interview with my dad was shown on the screen.
“When did you discover the whole truth?” the blonde asked seriously.
“I discovered at a parents’ meeting. My daughter had talked about her newly found boyfriend, at the dinner table just one day before the meeting” my dad paused. “My wife and I didn’t think much of it, you know they are young, and we just thought she should have our support, and that would be that”
“That sound just reasonable” the blonde agreed, I felt my jaw drop. “But what happened at the meeting?”
“Well my wife Theresa had talked to Sonea; you know girls talk and all that, Sonea had then given my wife the name of her boyfriend. We went to the meeting, not suspecting a thing, but my wife quickly suspected Alex to be something other than a teacher” this was not my dad; I had shown that when I jumped out of a window, but this was going too far.
“The whole meeting ended with us driving our screaming girl home, but not long after she was home, she jumped out of the window in her room, and ran away from home, she hasn’t come home, but we know where she is” my dad finished, and so did the interview.
The blonde was back, she was smiling a sugary smile, which made me want to break her neck.
“As Jeremy said, we know where you are Sonea, so we had a camera crew take a look at the man-sion” another clip filled the screen.
It started with the blonde crawling into a car, and the camera man crawling in too, then the car start-ed. Only minutes after they were at the road, that let to where I was at that very moment. The parked the car, and snuck up to the house.
“Look! We came at a good time!” the blonde pointed at some people running around in the snow. I thought for a second, and then I remembered.
The scene shown on the screen happened only two days ago. Anna and Casper was visiting, and we were all playing a game of snow war.
It was basically about having a base and flag, and then protecting it against the other players.
Margret and Will were also playing.
The team slowly moved closer, and observed us, like we were some wild animals.
“There! That’s the girl, and there’s Alex!” she blonde whispered and pointed. The camera zoomed in on me and Alex; we were making a strategy, though we failed at that, but we tried.
“She’s a pretty one” the camera man mumbled, which made me blush.
Alex and I were done planning, and we met the others, and started the fight. It was crazy, even to watch made us laugh out at some points. About seven minutes into the fight Alex had snatched Cas-per and Anna’s flag, but Margret had gotten her hands on our flag, so I yelled:
“Everyone against Alex!” my voice sounded funny on tape.
“What? No!” Alex looked around at everyone. I just squealed, and jumped onto his back, making him stumble forwards. Anna attached her to his chest, and made him fall onto his side. Margret, Will and Casper laughed their heads off. Casper was punished for laughing, when Alex sent a snow ball soaring through the air, and attacking Casper’s nose, and then his whole face. Anna and I backed off, and we all started throwing snow at Alex, but he shot back pretty nicely. He never shot at me, so I was seen on the screen, hitting Alex in the head, with a ball of very soft snow. Seconds after Alex and I was seen wrestling wildly in the snow. The others went inside, and Margret called out, from the door, to me and Alex; “There’s hot chocolate inside!”
“Coming! Just one second, I’m winning!” I panted deep in the snow, the only reason Alex hadn’t won already, was that he would let me win, he just enjoyed giving me some competition.
“I don’t think so!” Alex teased and rolled me over in the snow, I screamed as snow went down my shirt.
“It’s not fair! You’re too strong!” I argued.
“Yeah I guess, but your aim is better than mine” Alex smiled, getting up from the ground. He stretched out a hand, and I grabbed it. We went for the door smiling wide smiles; I poked Alex’s shoulder teasingly, and screamed while running as fast as I could towards the door. It ended with Alex catching me and carrying me through the door, the door was closed, and the tape was over.

“There we go! Now we know where Sonea is, what Alex really is like, and we know why Margret and William are on a vacation!” the blonde concluded. A music video started, and the TV was turned off. Silence filled the room; tension was thick in the air.
My phone vibrated, everyone looked at me, as I pressed ‘answer’.
“Hi” I breathed.
“Did you guys watch that too?” Anna asked.
“Yeah I saw that”
“Well…what’s gonna happen now?”
“I don’t know, no one knows”
“Hold on, Casper’s calling”
“Hi Anna, did you just see that?”
“Yeah we both did” I quickly answered.
“Anna and I are coming over right now, right Anna?”
“Yeah…as soon as you pick me up”
“Cool we’ll be there in ten minutes, and you better have some panic cookies” we all hung up, I told the Truman’s about the newest plan. Alex stared at the TV, even though it was turned off, he was in shock, and it wasn’t until I took his hand and said; “It’s going to be okay” that he looked up.

We were all gathered around the big wooden table, the silence was still there, but this time it was even more uncomfortable. I hated uncomfortable silences, so I had to break it.
“So…” I dragged out. “That was a big load of Irish crap, ha?”
Anna snickered and Margret let out a little laugh. Alex’s face was like made of stone, as he eyed the wall on the other side. His hand was like a statues in mine.
“What are we going to do?” Alex asked out, for everyone to think about it.
“Well… Jeremy will definitely take this to the courtroom” Margret sighed.

“I have an idea!” I piped up. They looked at me, like they hadn’t expected that, well Alex didn’t and that was worth something. “Jeremy attacked using the two things that can hurt this family the most, the media and the fans, so if we make an interview, that’s only focused on the positive things here, then we’ll win the fans over! Then we can deal with the courtroom later”
“That’s a brilliant idea!” Margret looked up happily.
“Thanks” I smiled, Alex squeezed my hand. “But I think we have to go to school tomorrow” I said unhappily.
“Yes that would be the best thing right now” Will agreed. “Then you’ll need some sunglasses”
“Why? It’s not sunny outside” I laughed at the weird suggestion.
“There’s going to be a lot of photographers” Margret laughed, I froze, I hated when people took pic-tures of me. “Welcome to our world Sonea” they all laughed at my expression.
“I don’t think school is such a good idea anymore” I pouted.
“It’s going to be okay princess” Alex took my hand, can you say déjà vu? Everyone eyed us at the ‘princess’ pet name.

“Sonea come in, I have prepared everything for you!” Margret opened the door, I had just knocked on.
“Should I be afraid?” I asked Anna, who just smiled evilly, and said; “Very”
“Here try this on first” some clothes was shoved into my hands, and I was pushed into a changing room.
I changed quickly, and looked at the end result. A pair of black jeans and a cute dress shirt.
“I like this one!” I called to Margret and Anna. They opened the door, agreed and gave me a new outfit to try on.
This time it was a short blue skirt, and a blue tank top with a black long sleeve underneath, and black leggings.
“This one is great too!”
I tried on five outfits, and I liked them all.
“So why am I trying this on anyways?” I asked when I came back from the changing room, once again in Alex’s clothes.
“Well dear, you must have something to go to school in” Margret laughed.
“Oh you don’t have to, I can just…” I looked at myself. “Thanks” I mumbled embarrassed, I couldn’t go to school looking like this, and especially not when there were photographers.
“You are welcome, Anna helped me put it together, very talented” she smiled at Anna, who looked like Christmas had come early.

“Alex?” I asked as I walked out of the bathroom, where Alex was finishing brushing his teeth, I could still taste the toothpaste.
“Eah?” he mumbled through his toothbrush.
“Are you nervous about tomorrow?” I put one of Alex’s t-shirts.
“Yeah…You princess?” Alex came out of the bathroom.
“Of course I am” I smiled. I jumped onto the bed. My new clothes were already in Alex’s closet.
Alex crawled onto the bed too, I sat with my arms around my knees, and he put an arm around me.
“I just want all of this to be over” I sighed.
“It will be, we just have to endure the time until then”
“Yeah I guess so” I rested my head against his chest. Alex sleeping without shirt on, was not easy to get used to, he had already caught me, sneaking looks at him more than one time. Alex’s arm pulled me down on my back, and tightened as he pulled me closer to him; he let out a long breath and closed his eyes.