‹ Prequel: Love at First Class
Status: This story is completed.

Love against law

Reunion

Chapter 14: Reunion

One hectic week passed, and you’d have thought the paparazzi would take a break, and stalk Paris Hilton or something, but no. By the time our interview was released, the world seemed to only want more, and so they tried to get it, by following us around more than ever.
Alex wasn’t really affected by this, which was what kept me from going crazy, he was used to this life, and I was surprised at how easily I adapted to it as well. I never left the house without sun-glasses on; I knew that photographers were standing in the bushes, only a few days ago they snapped a picture of me and Alex taking out the trash.
It amazes me how that could be interesting for anyone to see, but one thing was for sure, I would never doubt that they were there again.

“Sonea wake up” I felt Alex’s body leave the bed, I protested in form of a groan.
“Come back” I mumbled without even opening my eyes.
“I can’t… I have to plan some things; will you be okay on your own for about two hours?”
“Alex I’m not a little child, I can manage, besides Margret and Will are still home”
“They left about an hour ago Sone” Alex laughed lightly.
“Oh” I opened my eyes.”Yeah I’ll be alright”
“Good” Alex smiled and headed for the door, he turned around, not knowing what to do. I felt the same way, should we hug each other goodbye, or what should we do?
Alex smiled and closed the door after him, being boyfriend and girlfriend, I would have thought things would get easier, they didn’t they just got more awkward.
After a short shower, I got dressed and went down stairs, and got some breakfast. My stomach turned as I once again thought of the money they spend on me, and I couldn’t even repay them. I tried drowning the nausea with milk, but I just got a knot in my throat and I thought I was gonna cry. I coughed back the emotion overload and sat down on a chair.
A thought struck me, like a lightning bolt from a clear sky, why didn’t I go ask for jobs? I jumped from my seat, quickly grabbed my necessary things and brushed my teeth. I walked quickly out of the house and to the garage; I only had two hours at tops, but I didn’t have my driver’s license yet. Margret luckily had a dark red bicycle in my size, I borrowed it and drove all the way into the city, and might I just say it was very far away.
I parked the bike not too far away from my first option, a supermarket not too fancy, but money is money.. right?
I went in, but quickly came out again, they didn’t seek employers. I walked from place to place, no one seemed to be hiring at the moment.
I heard whispers where I went, people turned around and stared at me when I walked by, they had probably seen me on TV.
“Hey miss!” someone called, I ignored it, it was probably just someone trying to reach someone else. That’s how it usually is, when I’m in the city, they don’t really notice me, and I’m more the invisible girl type.
“Hey Sonea Jackson wait!” I turned around at the sound of my name.
“Can I ask you some questions?” a guy with a microphone and a camera crew ran up to me. The interviewer was a man around the thirty with orange hair and freckles, he was very skinny and pale, and he looked very nice a polite.
“I-I guess” I stuttered looking at the camera.
“Okay what are you doing down here?”
“What do you mean?” I asked stupidly.
“These past days you’ve been living at the Truman’s residence, what brings you down here?”
“I’m job hunting” I smiled.
“Okay that sounds interesting, are they kicking you out?” the interviewer grinned.
“No” I laughed. “I just want to be able to pay them back you know”
“That sounds reasonable” he smiled a friendly smile. “So have you gotten any jobs yet?”
“No it seems no one wants’ me to work for them” I smiled at my bad luck.
“Just a friendly advice, try the bakery just down the street, my mom and dad owns it, they need someone to help them out” he laughed, and then added: “I’ll edit that out later” I laughed, and so did he.
“So how is it living with Alex and his family?”
“It’s wonderful I’ve never been happier, his family and friends are very open and fantastically friendly”
“You two are still living in his parent’s house right?”
“Yeah but we’re talking about me moving into his apartment with him” I smiled proudly.
“Wow that’s a big step, how did you come across that idea?”
“He asked me, I nearly chocked and I said yes, it was quite easy” I smiled.
“Where is Alex?”
“He’s out planning something, said he’d be back in like two hours, so I jumped on a bike and drove down here because he can’t stop me, while he’s planning whatever it is he’s planning”
“Very sneaky” ht interviewer laughed and I nodded. “Can I ask… what about your family?”
“I don’t have much contact with them at the moment, because of my dad and all”
“Doesn’t it hurt you that you can’t speak with your mom and brothers?”
“It hurts me very much, but every time it hurts I just tell Alex, and he always finds a way to make it better, because that’s the way he is”
“Is there something you’d like to say to your supporters out there?”
“Yeah I guess I’d like to say thank you very much for supporting me and Alex in what we both feel and think is right”
“Very nice” the interviewer ended it all; I thanked him for his job advice, and gave him my cell phone number, so he could call if he needed something.
When I drove home I was one friend and one job richer, and I felt very good inside.

“Where have you been?” Alex jumped down the stairs; he’d probably been looking for me in our room.
“Nowhere” I smiled. “Where have you been?”
“It’s a secret… no seriously where were you?”
“I’m not gonna tell you, if you don’t tell me” I laughed, he couldn’t actually think I was gonna do so.
“Why?” Alex looked almost disappointed.
“I told you, it’s a secret”
Alex suddenly jumped on me, he sat on top of me and pinned my arms to the floor. I yelped in sur-prise and tried to break free.
“I’m gonna find out” Alex threatened smiling.
“The hell you are” I giggled.
Alex then started tickling me, at first I just held my breath, but when I had to breathe, I started to giggle so much I couldn’t stop again.
“Alex… breathe” I panted while giggling. Alex stopped immediately to let me catch my breath.
“Alex there’s something you probably didn’t know about me when I was smaller” I laughed.
“What’s that?” Alex seemed interested.
“I used to be really into yoga” I smiled, and I quickly lifted my legs up and laid my feet down his shoulder, and pulled him backwards. Alex was really startled when I stood over him, offering a hand to get up.
“Wow that was… cool” he laughed.
“Yeah I used it all the time on Aiden when he tried tickling me” I said as Alex took my hand and I helped him up.
As we stood there we didn’t know what to do, it was like there was nothing to do.
“Alex I was thinking, I’d like to go to my house” I mumbled, scratching my arm uncomfortably.
“What… why? Don’t you like it here?” Alex asked quickly, he sounded disappointed.
“No! Not like that!” I quickly grabbed Alex’s hand. “I want some of my stuff… it’s been a while and I miss some of it, I was wondering if we could go get some”
“Yeah of course… when should we go?”
“In one hour I’ve heard from Anna that my parents and Sally are going to some art thing just out of town”
“That’s perfect! Let’s get some bags we can have your stuff in” he offered to give me a piggy bag ride, and I jumped on his back. I grabbed hold of his hair, afraid to fall off.
We got the bags from the kitchen and I offered Alex a piggy back ride, he just looked weirdly at me.
“Serious?”
Yeah… I’m stronger than I look” I laughed. “C’mon”
“I don’t thi-”
“C’mon Alex!” I whined, and made ready.
“You asked for it” Alex said, and not long after I felt him jumping onto my back, he was lighter than I had thought, but still so heavy I had to bend my knees at first.
“You okay?” Alex asked from above.
“Yea of course!” I panted.
“I’m too heavy aren’t I?”
“No look I’ll walk the stairs” I made it up a total of four steps, my thighs were burning, and I was breathing so heavily, Alex was actually laughing at me. He then jumped down, and looked at the clock.
“We should drive to your house now” he said looking around for his keys.
“They’re on the coffee table” I panted getting up from the crumbled position I had been walking in.
“Thanks” Alex ran to the tea room, and quickly came back. “You want me to carry you?” he laughed as I hadn’t moved.
“No!” I shrieked as he easily grabbed hold of me, and all hope of being let go off was out, I was finally let down right next to the car.
“Thank you Alex” I mumbled sweetly.
“Anytime princess” we got into the red car, I had come to love so much.
We drove in silence, except for the radio playing quietly. I was really nervous; I hadn’t been in my house for a really long time, what if my parents were home, I mean, I’d like to see my mom again, but my dad?
“You ready?” Alex asked when he’d parked the car in our driveway, but I hadn’t moved an inch.
“Yeah” I smiled. “I just hadn’t really noticed how much I’ve missed home… before now”
“It’s okay… when all of this is over, you’ll move back home” Alex reassured me, then he opened his door and got out, I hesitated a little, therefore he came over and opened the door for me.
Alex got the plastic bags, while I ran up and opened the front door.
“C’mon” I led the way, Alex curiously looked around, he seemed impressed, if I were him, I wouldn’t be, because his house is so much more awesome.
“Alex c’mon… my rooms just down this hallway” I urged whispering.
“Why are you whispering?”
“I don’t know… just please c’mon!” I hissed, he followed quietly until we met my room.
“Wait you’re not the kinda girl to have posters all over the walls, are you?” He asked preparing for the sight.
“No you know me” I laughed and entered my room. My familiar room, with the plain baby pink walls, yes I still had that color in my room, my dresser, my desk, my movies and CD’s. it was all still there, and it felt really good standing in my mess on the again.
“Wow this is unexpected” Alex said behind me, I laughed and shrugged it off.
“You start with the CD’s and movies, then if you’re quick, take as much of my make-up and hair stuff as you can” I ordered, he immediately started. Meanwhile I filled two plastic bags with my clothes from my dresser. I emptied my desk in another bag, as Alex finished packing the rest of the hair products.
“I think we did good, how long did it take?” I asked and Alex looked at his watch.
“Forty minutes”
“Okay we have to go” I panicked.
Alex grabbed my hands in his, and made me look at him.
“Don’t be so stressed, you said they were gone for, what? two hours?”
“Yeah… you’re probably right, I just don’t want to face my dad” I sighed, and watched as Alex grabbed two bags and carried them out; he loaded the car, while I explored the house.
Aiden’s room looked like a mess, as always, and of course Jeff’s room was neat and tidy. As the youngest child I was like a mix of the two, which came in handy when I met new people.
“Okay that was everything” Alex closed the door after himself, and we stood a little in the living room.
“So this is the living room” I stated the obvious.
“You have a nice house”
“As it is right now I ‘had’ a nice house” I smiled a little and wrabbed my arms around myself, I wasn’t freezing at all, but standing here in the living room, I felt like a stranger in my own home.
“Alex I feel like a stranger here”
“Maybe it was too much, you know… all in one day” Alex rubbed my arms. “Let’s go home” he mumbled quietly, he guided me towards the door, and reached over my shoulder to take the handle, but before he touched it, it was pulled down and the door was opened.
The shock send both me and Alex two steps backwards, I backed up against Alex, wanting to feel that he was still there.
Aiden’s head came into view, looking around suspiciously. He spotted us, and dropped his jaw, after him came Jeff.
“Hi” I breathed shocked.
“Sone” Aiden mumbled, wide eyes, as if I was a ghost, and had just laid his eyes on me.
“Sis?” Jeff asked shocked.
In only two seconds we were all united in one big hug, I had longed to be with them for so long. When I stepped back, it was with tears in my eyes; I sniffed and tried drying them away with the backs of my hands.
“Holy shit” Aiden focused on Alex, who was pretty visible, seeing as I was the only thing he had to stand behind, and he was pretty big compared to me. “You’re…”
“Aiden this is Alex… my boyfriend” I sniffed. Alex smiled proudly at the ‘boyfriend’ part; I hadn’t ever introduced him as my boyfriend before.
“Hi” Alex shook Aiden’s hand, which seemed to be getting smaller and smaller by the second.
“So you’re using ‘boyfriend’ now?” Jeff asked jokingly as he shook Alex’s hand too.
“You haven’t heard? Alex asked me” I smiled, and grabbed Alex’s hand.
“Wow since when were you all… that…” he motioned for the holding hands.
“We’re in the spotlight no matter what we do” Alex said quietly.
“Yeah and also… screw the law… no I didn’t mean that Alex” I quickly said when Alex’s eyes con-tact with mine. “But you know, we’re allowed to have some freedom, when we know the camera’s not there” I laughed, Alex didn’t, he could be facing prison, so it was no laughing matter.
“H-how old are you?” Aiden looked at Alex, who immediately became uncomfortable.
“Aiden” I hissed warningly. “That’s a rude question!”
“No.. no it’s okay… I’m twenty-two” Alex mumbled, scratching the back of his head.
“Holy shi!… sorry” Jeff delivered a punch to Aiden’s arm.
“’s okay”
There was an uncomfortable silence, where everyone seemed to be digesting the news of Alex’s age, heck I was too, though it wasn’t news to me, it was still something I thought about.
“What do you guys…?” Aiden was pretty much in shock, and who could blame him?
“What!?... No!” I was so tempted to just hit him on the head, but Alex grabbed the hand that was already twitching by my side.
“Don’t you follow the news?” I asked looking from Jeff to Aiden.
“We can’t it’s not allowed in our house anymore, dad found out that we had been checking up on you on the computers, so he cut our internet” Jeff mumbled sourly.
“Oh… I’m sorry” I mumbled. “Why haven’t you called, or answered my calls?”
“Phones taken… I feel like a prisoner” Aiden crossed his arms over his chest.
“But why does he do that?” Alex asked.
“Alex it’s not everybody who’s blessed with a family as understanding as yours” I smiled and gave his hand a light squeeze.
“It sure isn’t” Jeff mumbled.
“What are you two doing here?” Aiden then asked, realizing we hadn’t even told them yet.
“We were just getting some of my stuff, y’know”
“Oh cool”
“So what’s gonna happen now…? I mean with you and everything?” Jeff laughed a little at the thought. It must have been weird, to ask your little sister something like that.
“I’m moving into Alex’s apartment; and after that… I don’t know, I guess I’ll be coming home when all of this is over”
“Wow that’s a big step” Aiden looked admiringly at me and Alex. We already had our lives sorted out, things planned and a path to follow, my brothers had just started walking along theirs, and I felt like I was halfway already, then again, I felt like we had a long way ahead of us still.

Alex’s and my relationship had also been pushed a lot, in so little time, everything had been changed and we were caught in the middle of all the chaos, clinging to each other for dear life.
“We better get going” I mumbled. “I can’t face dad when he’s so mad” I hugged them both.
“You’re always welcome at the mansion; actually you should stop by for dinner some day, and bring Theresa, that’d be lovely… I’m not so sure about your dad though…” Alex dragged out, as he shook my brothers’ hands again, and we all laughed.
“You take care of her” Jeff laughed, but I could still sense some seriousness in his voice.
“Been doing so, since the day I met her” Alex smiled proudly.
“Awww… aren’t you guys just cute” Aiden said holding the door.
Alex blushed but it was only me who saw that, because he was already out of the door, I followed him outside, and waved at my brothers. Alex and I got into the car, and the engine purred to life.
We both waved to my brothers when we pulled out of the driveway, and onto the main road.
What were my brothers gonna say, when dad saw my room?