‹ Prequel: Love at First Class
Status: This story is completed.

Love against law

This moment

Chapter 6: This moment:

Things got really stressing after that night, my parents had planned a trip to this cottage in the woods that weekend, and then I had to tell Alex I couldn’t hang out with him. He was disappointed, but he understood. We planned to hang out the upcoming week.

The teacher handed me the last piece of paper, I didn’t care about the note, it was just something for my parents. I shoved it in my bag, glaring at the teacher, he had been staring me down all class, and now that the bell rang, I just had to get out of there.
“C’mon Anna” I said getting up from my chair, I grabbed my bag, and walked out the door.
“What’s wrong?” Anna asked when we were far enough away from the class room.
“I don’t know, I guess I’m just sad. I can’t be with Alex all weekend!”
“You know, you two aren’t even supposed to meet, Margret told you so” Anna crossed her arms.
“Oh you’ve talked to Casper, haven’t you?” I stopped, and looked at her.
“Yeah I have, I don’t think you two should cross her, she’s come home to help you. Then you shouldn’t go around her back, and do such things” she stopped too.
“Anna what am I supposed to do, I can’t be away from him!” I crossed my arms, and walked on.
Anna caught up to me, and walked next to me, I felt her angry eyes on me.
“You can stop; it’s not like its forever”
“It feels like forever!”
“You know what, I don’t want to argue with you about this, see you later” she walked off, no she stormed off.
“That didn’t work out as I planned it” I whispered.

I carelessly pulled up the note for my parents, and placed it on the kitchen table, and walked to my room. I started packing a bag filled with clothes, and realized I’d have to buy new clothes, I had almost nothing left, and I’d have to wash at the cottage. I heard the door open and guessed my parents were home, I quickly finished packing make-up and hair products, I knew I wouldn’t use it all, but I like having it around. My mom entered my room, announcing that we’d leave in a few minutes; I nodded, and finished with checking I had everything.
I turned the volume on my phone up, and listened to some new songs I had gotten from Anna. I looked out the window, it was grey and stormy, and the trees were losing their leaves.
My phone vibrated, I looked down at it, a text message from Alex.

What’s the cottages address?

I smiled at the message; I liked it when Alex wanted to know where I was, and he fortunately wanted to know that pretty often, and every time it made me smile. It was like he was protective or something, the feeling of him caring so much was incredible. I asked my mom, and texted him back with a ‘why?’ the answer came after no time at all.

Just curious

Even though that was the answer I always got, it made me feel great, I got the urge to save the mes-sage but didn’t, that would seem a little too weird. I shrugged and placed my head on my pillow, it would be a long drive, and I always slept on long trips. I watched the trees and fields fly by while listening to music; it took a long time falling asleep.

“Sonea wake up, we’re here honey”
I opened my eyes, the voice, my mom, was right. We were at a big forest, and there, just in between the trees were a huge cottage. It was really beautiful; I hadn’t expected it to be so big.
“Wow mom, that’s beautiful”
“Yes it is, now get all your things unpacked” she handed me my bags, and I gladly took them. I walked inside; it was even bigger inside, and much more beautiful.
“I call on this room!” I called and threw my bags on the bed.
“No way, it’s the biggest room!” Aiden said from the door.
“Too bad bro. I was here first” I teased him. He got onto the game, and started chasing me around, I squealed and ran as fast as I could, we ran around in the cottage. Soon Jeff caught onto it, and joined in, he caught me at the couch and they both started tickling me. In the end I was screaming through the massive giggles I was letting out, our parents came and stopped the fun, with the lame excuse that we’d disturb the neighbors, even though we didn’t have any neighbors.
It was already dark, my parents made dinner, and then we just watched TV. I went to bed early, to text Alex a little before going to bed.

My phone went off, in alarm mode and threw me out of my sweet dreams. I literally fell out of bed, and crawled to the bathroom. I went to the shower, and took a nice long bath. I did a little make-up, and combed my hair. I then entered the cottage living room, and sat down with most of my family, and ate breakfast. Aiden was still asleep, but I and Jeff woke him up, with some water in a glass, and evil grins.
The day went by pretty slow, well the morning flew by, with teasing Aiden, but then it started to go slow. Until my phone vibrated. I sat properly up in the couch, and checked the display. Alex. My heart skipped a beat, and my hands started to shake. I didn’t even dare to press the read button, and I didn’t get to. Aiden snatched it quickly out of my hands, and ran as fast as he could.
“Uhh Sonea’s got a boyfriend, Sonea’s got a boyfriend!” he sang, and danced around. “Maybe I should open the message from…Alex?!” I screamed, and sprinted after him, I caught Jeff’s eye, and he joined in. we tackled Aiden as he tried to get outside, I got my phone back, the message was still unopened. My mom looked expectant at me, and smiled like she never ever did.
“He’s not my boyfriend” I stated walking to my room.
I sighed and landed on my bed, I opened the message from Alex.

Look out your window

What? What did he mean? Well it couldn’t hurt to do so, but really… what? I walked to my window, opened it wide open, and looked around. Wha… in between the trees was Alex, how did he get here?
He smiled at me; I of course smiled wide back. He came over the window, and I immediately smiled wider if possible.
“Hi” I breathed.
“Hey…can I come in?”
“Don’t need to ask twice” I mumbled, which made Alex blush.
He swung his leg elegantly over the frame, and jumped inside. Just as his feet made contact with the floor, the doorknob turned. We stood there frozen, as the door opened quickly. The door closed quickly behind Jeff, he looked surprised at us both.
We all exchanged looks, then Jeff sighed.
“Hi Alex…thought you were somebody else”
“Hi Jeff” Alex loosened up a bit.
“Wait how did you…”
“Drove” Alex looked at me, and smiled.
“Ah and I guess sis gave directions” Jeff laughed a little.
“Jeff get out of my room! Don’t you know how to knock!?” I made ‘go away’ motions, and made schuu noises.
“Alright! Alright…see you someday Alex”
“Bye” Alex called after him. I quickly ran over, and locked the door. I rolled the curtains in front of the window, and looked at Alex.
“Is it now I should feel scared?” Alex grinned.
“Aww don’t you like being locked in with me?” I teased.
“Yeah I do”
“So what do you wanna do? There’s not much to do around here”
“We could walk by the beach; I know it’s cold, but it real pretty right now”
“Yeah…just let me get a better shirt” I jumped over the bed, fell of the bed and landed on my bag with clothes. Alex laughed a little; I found the shirt, and put it on.
“Okay! I’m good to go” I unlocked the door, and put the curtains away from the window, I crawled out first and Alex followed. We ran through the trees, and ended up in a clearing. The red car was in the middle of the clearing; we jumped in, and drove off. I send a text to Jeff, explaining where we were headed.

---

I didn’t even know I could miss someone, like I’ve missed you. It’s only been days since we were together, but already then I knew I’d miss you. I won’t tell you just how much I miss you, when you’re not here, because this has become too serious. I know you are troubled by this, and I know I started the whole thing.
We drove for a couple of minutes, Sonea seemed eager to go for a walk, even though the weather was freezing. I parked the car and climbed out, a strong wind hit immediately. Sonea jumped out, and shuddered. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea, I mean I don’t want her to catch a cold. Sonea walked down to the sand, I followed behind her, I was in a trance, I was mesmerized. She held out her hand, I took it hesitantly, she moved first.
We walked alongside where the waves collided with the sand. Her hair flew everywhere, she smiled wider than I had ever seen her smile, I couldn’t stop looking at her. The weather was grey, the sky threatened to break and cry down on us, but she lit up my world. For all I knew, it could be raining, but Sonea was like my own little fire, she kept me warm inside, she lit up on way.
“Wh- What?” she giggled a little.
“I’m sorry… I’m staring aren’t I?” I looked out over the ocean instead, but I quickly looked back. Sonea smiled and giggled a little.
“I would like to save this moment forever” she smiled at me.
“Yeah…it’s almost too perfect” I took out my camera, I had kept it in my car, but I had taken it with me now. “Can I have a picture?” I asked smiling.
“I usually don’t do this…but since it’s you and this moment is so nice” she nodded. I moved about three steps away, and made the camera focus on her. She looked…I can’t even explain how good she looked.
“Smile!” Sonea smiled and nice little smile, it was that smile she sometimes gives me, the one I love so much.
“I want a picture of you!” she giggled. I had argued, but we ended up switching places, Sonea played photographer and directed me to how I should stand. When we reunited and took each other’s hands again, we took a picture of the two of us. The pictures were great.
We walked on and on, the time just flew away, which was unfortunate because I knew I would have to leave soon. We decided it was too cold to continue, and started walking back to the car. It took some time to get there, but all along I enjoyed the time to the fullest, I had held Sonea’s hand, yes it might seem weird to be overly happy about that.
But in mine and Sonea’s relationship, it’s a little bit more complicated than ‘normal’ relationships. I think it’s safe to say, that what we have is more than what we can excuse as ‘friends’, everyone around us knows that.
Only one thing stands between us and the total happiness, that’s the law, the biggest friend and foe you can get, maybe besides the president of the United States, but still. Sonea and I could be happy, not that we aren’t happy now, but we could be freer, if it weren’t for the law. I hope she wants’ this freedom as much as I do, because if she doesn’t feel as I do, I don’t know what I’ll do…but I think she feels the same way, I can see it in her eyes when she blushes. I love it when she blushes; it tells me she cares, and that she feels something.

“When will I see you again?” Sonea leaned against the open window.
“Monday I guess” I didn’t know what to do with myself, should I hug her? Just shaking her hand would be lame, but doing nothing, would be what we always did here in this situation. Behind her the door creaked open, Jeff came in, and closed the door.
“So I… yeah… goodbye” I said lingering a little.
“Yeah bye” Sonea sighed, I hesitantly turned and walked away. While I went to the car, I heard Sonea explode at her brother, I laughed quietly, I would not want to be Jeff right now. I found my car where I had parked it; I jumped in and drove home.

Only seconds after I had entered my apartment, Casper came bursting through the door.
“Sorry for the hurry hon. I had totally forgotten our date!” he clasped his hands together.
“What date?” I asked taking of my shoes.
“No date, but hi, wanna hang out?”
“Yeah sure, I’ve just come home, you want anything?”
“From where? And noodles if you’re making them” Casper slumped down onto my couch.
“Oh fuck” I mumbled, so only I could hear it.
“Oh My God!” Casper jumped off the couch. “You went to see her, didn’t you?!”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I mumbled to the sink.
“You crossed your parents’ orders! You never do that! Oh this is just too good!” Casper jumped up and down. Yes I had crossed my parents for the first time ever, but it had been worth it, just thinking of holding her hand made butterflies flutter and made my face blush.
“You’re blushing! You did something dirty, you sneaky bastard!” Casper clapped my shoulder.
“We did nothing dirty, as you know, we never do anything dirty” I said knowingly.
“Besides sleeping in the same bed, and sharing clothes, and swimming, and running around in bath-ing suits in sprinkler-rain” Casper ranted on, but one thing in particular caught my attention.
“How did you know about the sprinklers?” I crossed my arms.
“I ehh-”
“You were there! You turned them on!” I blushed, he had seen everything.
“No… I just came to the house, and heard you; I turned then on, turned them off, and ran away as quickly as I could!” Casper raised his hands in defense, as if I was going to hit him.
I sighed. “Done is done, it doesn’t matter”
Casper breathed a sigh.
It really didn’t matter, because I was now living the memory of that night over in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I hanven't updated in a while, been really stressed with school ending and exams! :O
But now it's holliday! I can write and update more! :)

Please comment and tell me what you think :) !!
hugs!

also: I've bought two ducklings, check out the pictures on my profile! ;)