Status: Completed and active

My Little Decoy

And I'll be as distant as stars Reminiscing, your heart's been wasted on me

Kay

Lies, love, hurt, death and then pain. Most people think love is a two sided emotion. An emotion that’s full of ecstasy, endless happiness, love at first sight and then the hurt and disappointment. The darker side of love is rarely mentioned as often. But to me, I like to stay close to reality, to that darker side, because whereas love may bring you happiness and pain, it will for sure make you weak and vulnerable. I try to forget love because loves forgotten me and so far every thing in my life was working out just fine.

I didn't really see Chase's face that night, or even start a conversation for that matter. Names came later. To me, he was just another face in the crowd. It was almost too easy to get to him, I didn't even have to reply when he demanded we get out of the club, just let myself be dragged through the noise. I was grabbing my coat when I felt a hand pulling at my wrist.

“Kat,” I hissed between my teeth.

“Chill, Kay. I know where you're going,” she whispered.

“So then you'll let me go,” I warned shaking her off and staring dead into her glittered covered eyes. Kat's eyes have always been her strong point. She was half Indonesian and half English and she had these shocking large almond shaped eyes that had am eerie way of staring dead at you, as if she could read your very mind from just staring.

“Course, I'll just tell the guys we will meet you and your new ‘friend' soon okay?” she said already distracted and fluttering her eyes at some guy behind me.

“No, Kat! I’m doing this one myself,” I cried indignantly only to feel another hand on my waist. He was back, drilling me with his ice cold blue stare. It was pathetic. Kat had already disappeared back into the club, so all there was left for me to do, was take back his hand back and follow him out.

His house was not far away, in the middle of the city, but the silent awkward walk felt like forever. Eventually he spoke as we stepped up to his door.

“I'm Chase by the way,” he smiled taking my hand but his eyes still searching mine.

I shook my hair and stared back, “Kaylee.” The instance I finally did take a good look at my victim, it felt like the air around us changed. I'd taken in the designer clothes, the black eye, the ice cold stare, but not the crooked smile or the tanned skin and thick eyelashes. Suddenly I found myself stuck to the pavement, my heart hiccupping ten times its normal pace, and my memory asking myself, had I seen this guy before? It took me another couple minutes before I realized he was talking to me.

“So should we go in?” he asked smiling crookedly again at me.

Feeling stupid, I ducked my head to hide behind my head of hair and stalked inside. The house was massive, white walls and heavily polished metal everywhere. I had really hit the jack pot and now all there was left to do was keep my defense up and keep playing Chase for the fool he was.

“Should we get something to drink?” I suggested, but instantly biting back the words from my mouth as soon as they were out.

What was I doing? Stalling? Chase's room was surprisingly empty. The same white walls as the rest of the house, a double bed in the corner and a desk and laptop opposite, it could have been an office if it wasn't for the bed. I stopped toying with his curtains and turned around to face him, ready with an excuse. This obviously wasn't working and it wasn't too late there was still time for me to head back to the club and start all over again. But thankfully once I turned around, Chase was already standing there, only inches away, staring at me again with those cold blue eyes and crooked smile. I could only watch as he cupped my face, but his arm around me and pulled me closer. When our lips met everything inside me exploded, inwards and outwards. My hands reaching for his hair, his arm still around me holding me only tighter and tighter.

Some part of me is still worrying about what I'm doing, what I'm getting into. But the truth is, I'm too damn busy enjoying myself to care. Chase was just supposed to be the disturbed, vulnerable guy controlled by his abusive father, and I was there only for myself, for the money. But in a few seconds that had all changed.
♠ ♠ ♠
words: 789