Status: Updates may be a bit slow. Sorry everyone )=

Give 'Em Hell Kid

The Mall

I sighed unbuckling and went to open the door but Frank still had his face plastered against the window.
“Um, you’re in the way.” he pulled away and opened the door along with it. I slid out of the car and was immediately tackled by him.
“I’ve missed you!” by now I couldn’t breathe and I felt a whole bunch of eyes on me.
“Great uh... air, please... it would be nice.” I choked. For a little guy he sure did have a good grip.
“Sorry,” he let go and took a few steps back.
“Wow, look who’s all grown up,” I looked over my shoulder to see the rest of them all standing there. The first thing I noticed was Ray’s crazy hair, the last time I had actually seen him it was pretty much buzzed. Next there was Bob, I hadn’t met him before, and Matt was still around the last time so I guess I would let him off the hook. The last person was Uncle Mikey who was next to Dad. He was still tall and scrawny like the last time I had met him, only now he lost the glasses and I think it made him look more like Dad. I felt sorry for him really.
“Yeah, time does that to you.” I felt awkward standing there, I didn’t want to do anything, I just wanted to go back home.
“No hugs?” Uncle Mikey asked holding out his arms.
“I’m not very sentimental,” I shrugged. This in a way wasn’t that much of a lie, but it wasn’t exactly true all the same. I had grown up without hope of miracles, fairy-tales; I was robbed of all the nice little things children were supposed to have. I had lost all of that and I didn’t see why I should give it back. I wasn’t one to really show any feelings towards people, save a few that is. I was more of the lock everything up inside until I explode and do something stupid kind of girl. Which if it were good or bad, I didn’t really care. I sighed walking towards him though and hugged him, I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss my slightly crazy Uncle.
“We missed you Evy,” he sighed rubbing my back.
“That’s nice I guess.” I pulled away and shoved my hands in my front pockets, then I realized that’s what he does and immediately pulled them back out and crossed them against my chest.
“Well then, let’s go in,” Ray stated breaking the awkward silence. I tried to tag along in the back, that way I wouldn’t have to deal with any of them, but it was hard when there were five of them and only one of me.
“What’s with the coldness? That’s not like you.” I looked over at Frank.
“I don’t want to be here.” I stated looking back ahead of me. I watched as Ray and Bob talked about something, I didn’t really care. But Dad and Mikey weren’t very far in front of us, and they were talking about me. I knew they were because Dad would say something and every few words Uncle Mikey would give me a confused look, it kind of ticked me off actually. How he was talking about me and wasn’t trying to hide the fact.
“Well that’s nice of you.” he stated, I just shrugged.
“You hate us don’t you?” I looked back at him again.
“I don’t know Bob, he’s the only one saved right now.” he nodded.
“Well, it’s not like we you know, just walked away. Your mom thought it would be easier on you if we stopped coming around. After what went down with your Dad and all.” it made sense, I would give him that. But I didn’t feel like being nostalgic and joke about stories from when I was younger. I didn’t want to be nice and welcoming, not when he was here. I felt someone poke my shoulder, hard too.
“What was that for?” I grabbed the stinging spot and looked at him.
“Will you forgive us, please? We missed the crap out of you. I missed my partner in crime.” he pouted I sighed thinking about it for a moment. Thinking how I could use this to help me in getting back at him. If I was nice and all of that other happy horse crap towards his band members, his closest friends and yet I treated him like shit, that would only make it more fun for me.
“Piggyback ride and you’re forgiven,” I stated.
“Sweet!” he pulled me up on his back and bolted across the parking lot. I laughed against his back as he stopped and turned around waiting at the doors.
“Slowpokes let’s go!” he shouted letting me down. We waited as they crossed the street and then headed inside. We went to a few stores, not really looking at anything. Ray had talked to me about a few things, when he found out that I played guitar we talked about them for a good hour. Comparing our favorite guitarists, our favorite things to play, it was cool in a way. I hadn’t talked to Bob yet, I didn’t know him so I didn’t really know what to talk about. His quietness was really intimidating though so I stayed my distance. We had left Spencer’s and were heading to Hot Topic which was conveniently located just across from it. I went my separate ways and stopped at the cd’s trying to find something that I didn’t already have. I found some, but it wasn’t really anything I liked.
“So, I know what you’re trying to do to your dad.” it was Uncle Mikey.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I told him I hate him, doesn’t mean I have to hate everybody.” I stated picking up a Black Flag cd.
“Yeah well, it’s working. Evy please just.... I don’t know, just don’t do this to him.” he stated. I put the cd back down.
“Why should I?” I walked over to the posters and started to flip through them.
“Well he is your Dad after all.” he leaned against the wall.
“A Dad who has been missing from my life for a good twelve years. That doesn’t make him my Dad anymore Uncle Mikey.” I stated looking at him.
“Then why are you calling me that? I haven’t been around for just as long.”
“It’s different and I don’t expect you to understand that.” I looked back at the posters, I flipped to the next one and noticed them all standing next to each other. I looked at it for a few moments, my eyes scanning over all of them. They all looked so different.
“Are you a fan or do you hate us because of your Dad?”
“I don’t hate the band, but I can’t listen to you all that much.” I shrugged.
“Really? I kind of expected you to hate it.”
“There’s only one song that I can really listen to without getting mad honestly.” I finally went to the next one.
“Which one is that?”
“Cancer,” I replied, my eyes landing on the amazing Synyster Gates.
“Really? That’s a weird choice, why’s that?”
“Because I almost died from it when I was eight. I had skin cancer; it’s why I don’t go out much. The doctors said that I have a greater chance of it coming back. It’s also the reason as to why I’m so pale.” I explained. It was also the same thing that had taken my mom away from me, it ran rapid on her side of the family.
“And she never told us about that?” he mumbled, more to himself I think.
“I guess not, wouldn’t have mattered anyways. I lived through it.” I shrugged passing it off as nothing.
“It would have mattered Evelyn, she didn’t tell any of us. I guess that’s why she stopped calling.” I looked over at him.
“She was talking to you guys? She never told me about that.” he nodded.
“Maybe once every other month. Well, she mainly sent us emails, she didn’t want us finding you. Said it would make things easier on you. I just can’t believe she didn’t tell us something as serious as that.” he looked up at the shirts.
“Well I don’t know what to tell you Uncle Mikey. I don’t know much of anything.” he laughed softly mumbling something.
“What?” he shook his head.
“Nothing, you just remind me of someone that’s all.” I knew exactly who he meant by that. I groaned slamming the posters against each other and walked away. I wish people would just realize how much I hated being compared to that man, I was nothing like him. Wanting to be like him when I was younger was a mistake. I walked around looking up at the shirts on the wall; I saw Avenged Sevenfold and went to the stacks, seeing if there was one I didn’t have. I went through all of them, and my eyes landed on one that I didn’t own. It was black, with a death bat; skulls littered the bottom of it going back until you couldn’t make them out anymore.
“Avenged fan?” it was him.
“Yep. They’re my favorite. Why?” I looked up at him.
“We went on tour with them for a long while, back during the Van’s Warped Tour. They’re good friends of ours.”
“Congratulations,” I stated and he took the shirt from me.
“Are you getting this?”
“Yeah, why do you have something against it?” I crossed my arms.
“No, here I’ll buy it.” I snatched it back.
“I can pay for it myself.”
“What, do you have something against me paying for it?” he asked crossing his arms.
“Yes I do actually.” I growled.
“Too bad,” he snatched it back and walked off with it. It was official; my mood for shopping was down the drain. I waited at the entrance till he walked up to me with the black bag and held it out. I just looked at him, he sighed dropping his shoulders.
“Will you take the damn bag Evelyn? I’m getting tired of this attitude.” I reached out snatching it.
“If you think you can just buy your way back into my life, you’re pathetic.” I stated and turned around walking off; stopping off at a trash can I threw the bag in it and continued to walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who saw the cancer part coming??? *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*

So my loud mouth got me in trouble and I am now grounded until further notice. I only had an update for this story so I thought I would let everyone know that I will not be able to update until my parents unground me. The only reason I'm on now posting is because of the fact that they went out to run an errand.

I promise I'll have updates soon!! I know this was short and I'm sorry.
So please leave me a comment and make me feel better?
Thanks to all my lovely subscribers, readers, and commenter's. You all kick ass!!!!