Status: Updates may be a bit slow. Sorry everyone )=

Give 'Em Hell Kid

Truce?

I hadn’t gone back downstairs since I got home. I knew the rest of the band had shown up because I could hear them talking to each other. So now I was laying on my bed, looking at the photo album that laid on the floor unopened. I had been staring at it for what felt like hours. Memories that pretty much haunted me were tapped inside and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to face them. There was a soft known on the door grabbing my attention.
“Who is it?” I rolled over and sat up on the edge of my bed.
“Mikey.”
“Come in,” I stated and went to slide it back under my bed as he opened the door.
“Hey, you going to come downstairs?”
“Not tonight. I don’t really feel like it.” I shrugged.
“Ah,” he nodded shutting the door behind him and walked over sitting next to me.
“Your Dad told me what you did.”
“I’m sorry, why?” he laughed.
“Look you have a reason to be mad, but don’t hate him. Remember that you only know one side of the story ok?”
“Oh really, then will you be so kind as to tell me the other? Because I’m listening.”
“It’s not my story to tell, it’s your Dad’s Evy.” he shrugged looking at me.
“Must be pretty damn bad then.” I stated crossing my arms.
“Hey, he has his reasons and one day hopefully he’ll tell you. I promised him, we all promised him not to tell you ok?” I just shrugged.
“You know.... I understand you hate this and you’re to absolutely loathe me for what I’m about to say, but it’s completely true.”
“What?”
“You’re just like him.” I groaned falling back on my bed and slapped my hand to my forehead.
“I am nothing like him, I wish everyone would wake up, smell the coffee and realize that.” after I said it an amused look came across his face. Ok, so maybe the coffee part didn’t help.
“You should try it sometime you know? You’re acting out, well have been acting out this entire time. He acted just like that when he found out your Mom was pregnant with you. Our parents didn’t think either of them could handle being parents. Your Mom was really young, and your Dad to be honest back then he wasn’t mentally ready for that because he had a lot of issues. Our parents and her parents tried talking them into an adoption, at one point even an abortion. Your Mom was the calm and collective one when it came to handling it. Your Dad on the other hand pretty much destroyed the entire house, ended up getting suspended in school. You know, kind of like what you’re doing. He’s still that way, he’s better about it now. But when he’s upset he destroys things, like his art,” his eyes moved over to my wall and he laughed.
“Point proven,” he stated looking back at me.
“Fuck my life,” I sighed closing my eyes.
“Oh come on now... don’t be like that. Evy please just give him a chance. You wouldn’t believe how much he’s missed you.”
“He thinks I’m immature.” I stated looking over at him. He had a reason to be, I mean I was acting out, but it was only for fun on my part.
“It’s because he see’s himself when he looks at you... minus the whole being a girl and all.” he laughed.
“You’re an idiotic and are here by banished to the good side Uncle Mikey.”
“What? No! I don’t want to be on the good side, it’s not as much fun!”
“Too bad,” I mumbled closing my eyes. We sat there for a few moments in silence.
“So?” I looked through one eye.
“What?”
“Will you just give him a chance? Ev he needs this and I’m pretty sure you do to.” I thought about it for a few moments. I was being pulled between two very strong opposing sides. There was one part of me that wanted my Dad back, that had wanted him back the moment I knew he was gone. The one that held onto the memories I had and cherished them. The side that for every birthday candle wish was spent on him. But there was another part of me, the immature side that didn’t want anything to do with him. That would much rather have him walk out the door and forget about even having a child. To make his life almost like hell so he knew what I went through, maybe not exactly but in the same sense.
“Can I think about it Uncle Mikes? If I give you an answer right now it’s going to be no. I’m not going to lie, I hate him even if he is my dad, but he’s still my dad and I guess he deserves me to at least think about it.”
“Thank you Ev, you won’t regret this.” he hugged me tightly.
“Uh I haven’t decided yet.” I stated.
“I know, but I know you’ll pick the right thing and give him another chance.” he stated. I’m glad he was so sure of what I was going to chose, everything in my head was all blown up and mixed up. I didn’t know what I was going to do anymore. He stood up and headed towards my door.
“You coming downstairs?”
“I don’t know Uncle Mikes, I think I might stay here.” I shrugged.
“Suit yourself, go ahead and stay lonely up here while we have all the fun downstairs.” he stated opening the door and walked out. I sat there for a few moments, damn him. I huffed getting up and walked out to find him waiting on the other side of the door.
“I knew you would come down with me,” he laughed messing up my hair. I huffed once again and fixed it.
“Drama queen.” he stated walking away.
“What’s the matter with that?” I defended following him.
“Never said there was.” he replied. We made our way downstairs and I saw that everyone but Dad were lounging around on the couches.
“We got into the fridge, hope you don’t mind.” Frank stated holding up a can of pop.
“I don’t care, just leave my twizzlers and skittles alone.” I shrugged.
“What the fuck?! You have skittles?!!? Sharing is caring Evy!” he was in the kitchen by the time he had finished with... well I didn’t know what it was called exactly.
“Do you seriously have skittles in there?” Ray looked over at me with a worried expression.
“Yep, but he’ll never find them so don’t worry.” I stated collapsing on the couch next to Bob who was quiet.
“Hello,” I looked over at him.
“Hi?” I laughed at him.
“Bob’s the quiet one,” Mikey piped up from the lounge chair.
“Well that’s cool. Aren’t you the one who loves cat’s?” he nodded.
“I thought you weren’t a big fan of us though?” I looked back over at Ray.
“Eh, I’m not. Why?”
“How’d you know about Bob liking cat’s then?”
“Well my good friend Shannon thinks Bob here is the best thing since down-loadable porn.” I stated earning some creepy looks.
“What?” that hadn’t heard that before? I looked around the room and noticed Uncle Mikey was gone.
“Hey, where did he go?”
“Probably the kitchen, your Dad can’t figure out your coffee maker.” he pointed over his shoulder.
“Ah, this should be interesting,” I mused pushing myself up and walked int. I found them both standing there at the counter. Uncle Mikey was scratching the back of his head and Dad had his arms crossed and was staring, more like glaring at it. They were mumbling back and forth looking like complete idiots.
“I swear it’s like.... alien shit,” Uncle Mikey stated before walking up to it and started pressing random buttons.
“Well then call your alien friends and figure it out. God coffee should not be this complicated,” they fell silent again and it took everything I had not to laugh a them.
“Well, are you going to us the force or something? Or stand there and look retarded?” they both jumped and looked over at me.
“What the hell kind of coffee pot is this?” Mikey groaned hitting the top of it. I sighed walking over and reset all the buttons.
“First off, no harming my coffee maker. It’s precious and fucking expensive.” I stated adding the coffee grounds.
“Secondly, it makes coffee, lattes, cappuccinos, mocha’s, and practically any other form of coffee related beverage.” I explained setting it up and soon their coffee was being brewed. They looked at it a few more minutes, cocking their heads to the sides.
“ I want one,” Uncle Mikey mumbled and walked up to it.
“Where did you get it?”
“Mom bought it for me for my sixteenth birthday. I didn’t want a car or any of that fancy stuff, but a coffee maker. Wow, I guess my priorities are kinda shot up aren’t they?” the sound of metal falling caught my attention and I swirled around.
“What in the world are you doing?!” I shrieked, there stood Frank on top of the counter with half of his body inside the cabinet shoving food out.
“I’m looking for those damn skittles!” his voice was muffled.
“Please don’t let him get into skittles Evelyn, Frank doesn’t mix well with them. It’s like pouring water on a gremlin.” Dad stated watching his brother. I looked over and wished I had a camera, to prove that my family was indeed fucked up. Uncle Mikey was literally hugging my coffee maker.
“It’s official, you have serious issues and I need to go the hospital and make sure I’m not legally insane.” I stated before returning my attention to Frank who was now moving into another cabinet.
“Frank please! Do not trash this place the skittles aren’t even in there.” I walked over and grabbed his leg, pulling on it.
“Then where are they Evy?” he slipped out and stood on the counter.
“Not in the cabinets,” he huffed jumping down and started opening up the doors. He made it to the pantry and looked around.
“Oh! You have puppies!”
“Oh shit,” I can’t believe I forgot about them, I ran over to the door leading to the basement and found them in their cages.
“Oh boys, I’m so sorry.” I unlocked them and let them out.
“Go on upstairs,” one by one they ran up. I went to the last cage and opened it up.
“Hey there princess, come on,” she pushed herself up slowly and I followed her up stairs.
“They’re so cute!” Frankie laughed playing with them on the floor.
“Yes they are.”
“What are their names?” he looked up at me.
“Well the Boxer is Jumper, the Husky is Indio and this old girl is Nessa.” I reached down rubbing her behind her ears. She was an old Doberman that I had grown up with and she was finally starting to wear down with age.
“You still have Nessa?” Dad turned around and walked over to her.
“God, I didn’t expect you to still be living. How are you girl?” he rubbed her side.
“I don’t know how much longer though.” I sighed kneeling down and petted her.
“I remember when I first brought her home. Do you remember that?” he laughed softly. I nodded thinking about the day.

I walked into the living-room and tugged on Mommy’s pants.
“Hm?” she looked down at me before picking me up and rested me on her hip.
“When is Daddy coming home?” I rested my head on her shoulder.
“I don’t know sweety, he called a little bit ago and said he had to pick up something on the way home.” I nodded.
“What is it?”
“Something for you,” she grinned kissing my forehead.
“Really?” I picked up my head and grabbed the sides of her face.
“What is Daddy bringing home Mommy?”
“Well I can’t tell you, it’s a surprise.” she put me down on the couch and walked away. I got up and ran over to the window, pressing my face and hands to it looking for his car. I watched them go by and by, till finally the one that I was waiting for pulled up.
“MOMMY! DADDY IS HOME!” I squealed and ran over to the door trying to open it but I couldn’t.
“Mommy! Open the door,” I whined hanging on the door knob. She walked in and unlocked it letting me out. I dashed down the steps and ran at his legs attacking him.
“Whoa there,” he laughed pulling me up with one arm.
“Daddy what did you bring me? Mommy won’t tell me what it is.” I pouted kissing his cheek.
“Oh she told you did she?” I nodded and noticed his jacket was moving.
“What is that?” I poked it.
“That’s your surprise pumpkin.” he stated walking into the house that we rented.
“Is it a kitty?” I went to pull at his jacket but he grabbed my hand softly.
“Nope.” he sat me down on the couch.
“Yes it is, it’s a kitty Daddy.” I crossed my arms.
“Nope.” he grinned and unzipped his jacket and pulled out a small puppy.
“A puppy! Mommy! He got me a puppy!” I squealed snatching it from his hands and hugged it close causing it to whimper.
“Hey there, you’re going to hurt her,” he laughed.
“It’s a girl?” I loosened my grip looking at the small puppy that looked huge in my arms.
“Yep, and she’s all yours sweety.” I looked up at him.
“She’s really mine Daddy?”
“Of course she’s yours.” I sat her down on the couch and wrapped my small arms around his neck.
“Thank you Daddy, I love her she’s pretty. I love you Daddy.” he kissed the top of my head.
“I love you too pumpkin.”


I laughed softly scratching her ears.
“Yeah, I remember. You thought I was going to kill her for a while.” he nodded. I looked over at Uncle Mikey who had a satisfactory grin on his face.
“Why would you get your daughter a Doberman Gerard? I mean, why not a golden retriever or a lab, something friendly?” Frank asked from under both of my dogs that were playing with him.
“Because they’re good guard dogs. Plus I hate lap dogs, I want to drop kick them.”
“You don’t drop kick my puppy!”his face was stricken with horror.
“Doesn’t mean I haven’t thought about it,” he laughed.
“You’re a cruel human being!” Frankie cried clutching onto Indio. After a while we all got up and I went over to make myself a cup of coffee but Uncle Mikey stole the pot.
“Um, excuse me. My coffee.” I stated putting my hand out for it.
“Coffee is only for the dark side.” he grinned madly.
“Dark side? Pfft I make the dark side wet the bed, now hand it over.”
“Hot damn... well fine then,” he grumbled handing it over.
“Thank you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Indio
http://twitpic.com/1mtoql

Jumper
http://twitpic.com/1mtpb9

Nessa
http://twitpic.com/1mtpgv

Sorry if there are grammar errors, I didn't have time to go through and read it over.
I hope you like it :)

So, do you think Evelyn is going to give Gerard a second chance? And if she does, will it last??
Ok... so it's pretty evident it wouldn't (sorry to give it away) because if it did, then this story would have no point.

Comments are lovely :)