Stalking Charlie

Wednesday, June 2

It's officially been twenty-one days since my last post. School is almost over, yet end of course exams are days away. It kills me how such sweet triumph in knowing summer is here can be so spoiled. It's like knowing you're getting out of hell, but you've got another five rounds of extra harsh torture before you do. Sort of. I guess its better than nothing, though.

Is it just me, or are high school girls dressing more and more like sluts these days? I mean, I've got to admit, it is eye catching on the rare occasion, but watching a bunch of gap-toothed freshman girls that look like they've jumped out of a vat of acid and Mary Kay supplies isn't an appealing thing to do on a daily basis.

Luckily for me and half the population of the male sophomore class, Charlie is not this trashy. I'm surprised, actually, because she looked pretty classy today. Her black heels and slick glasses as a stunning fashion statement aren't what I want to blog about today, though. No, no, no, my friends. I'd like to say that this day officially marks the steamy beginning of a new chapter in my story.

It starts with the closing of an art club and a string of fevered curse words.

Recently my father picked up this chick (at the sorry excuse of a "club" around here,of course. Where else?) Her name is Janey. She's a hoot, let me tell you. You'd think no one in their right mind who wasn't over fifty would wear tacky red lipstick and purple eyeshadow anymore, but then you'd be dead wrong. Janey is your classic hooch, a grade-A streetwalker.

Well anyways, today is Wednesday, which is the day I go to art club every week. It's a sad excuse of a club - really just a place for the local anime freaks (no offense) , wannabe artists, and troublemakers spend an extra hour away from home. I get out of their at four. I expect my ride to be there five minutes after, if not earlier. Sure I could walk the few neighborhoods and streets home, but it was hot and muggy.... I mean seriously.

So I sat outside the school in blazing hot weather, by myself, looking lonely as shit to my embarrassment, waiting for a full hour for the dumb bitch to pick me up. It later tuns out that Miss Janey was arrested for stealing alcohol. A dumb move on her part too. If a doped up minor with a fake ID can manage to steal some alcohol every once a while in this town, I don't see how she could possibly screw it up. Or buy it. That's always an option.

But the angels must have been calling my name, because after ten minutes Charlie walked out of the building and sat herself right down beside me. Of all the empty benches in the front of the school, mine was the one she chose! I was smiling so hard, I was pissing rainbows. :)

Like any normally social people, we struck up a conversation. I learned today that Charlie plays the piano. She takes extra classes after school for the heck of it, so I'm assuming she really loves to play. Though, when I told her I'd love to hear it sometime, she looked at me like I was a crazy person. I thought she'd up and leave at that point, but to my surprise she didn't. Charlie is pretty cool once you get past her obvious and intimidating aura of popularity. She's on the tennis team yearly, loves World of Warcraft, hates my choppy and dark haircut, thinks I'm emo, and can't stand the smell of the deodorant I wear. She's also brutally honest to the point of being a bitch, but I still like her.

She left ten minutes later, but I was still dazed enough not to hate the next forty or so minutes as I thought about how amazing she looked. How amazing it'd be to get into her pants, I mean. And when Janey the ugly mammoth pulled up in her bent up automobile at 5:15, I couldn't help but grinning to myself. While I'm a little ticked off that I didn't learn all this about Charlie while I was supposed to be allegedly "stalking" her (well, more like following her around randomly when I feel like it before I get to know her, but you get the drift) I still can't help relishing in the fact that she actually talked to me.

Oh, and I also got her number.

Giggity, giggity.

-Max
♠ ♠ ♠
mm. It's been a few weeks. no worries. :)