Pathfinder

Two

"I'm not saying you have to agree with me, this is my opinion, but I think that Snape died a virgin."

Lulu rolled her eyes and shook her head. The two were going back and forth and trying to fill up the plastic swimming pool they'd bought. It would fit two, maybe three, grown men at the most. "Pesci, I love you, I do, but you're wrong. Simply because he was hopelessly in love with Lily doesn't mean that he didn't get his balls wet every once in a while."

They went back and forth on that argument and in the end they were both still set in their ways. It was a free day for them. No customers or walk ins, just peace. Of course, when it came to these girls; peace was never an option.

A loud ringing broke through the comforting silence the girls had been basking in. Lulu was in the blow up kiddie pool with a Sherlock Holmes-esque pipe and couldn't be bothered to get up. It was too hot, the water was cold, and she wasn't moving. Pesci grumbled and reached for the phone, she lazily pressed it against her ear and barked out, "What? What do you want? I swear to God if you're trying to sell me something I will track you down."

Curiously Lulu looked at her friend and pulled her sunglasses off.

"Yeah, I will track you down and open and umbrella in your ass. Who are you?" She spat.

The other line was quiet before she heard a gruff voice say the magical words. "I found the path."

Pathfinder was top secret and needed code names and plans to keep it a secret. The two girls had everything planned out to the smallest detail. Originally Pesci wanted to be called Magneto but Lulu wouldn't allow it. She still held a grudge about it. To get an appointment you needed to find the path. The path is on the yellow brick road and someone needs to tell you how to get there. A talking lion, more specifically.

"Hm." Pesci still wasn't buying it. "Who told you how to pass through Emerald City?"

There was some faint whispering in the background before the person on the other end spoke up. "A talking lion."

Gammy Jiao came onto the patio with a plate full of steamed vegetables, rice, chicken, and her own bourbon sauce. "You hungry, Pesci? Why you no eat? Get big!" She put the plat down and walked back inside without another word. Well, she wasn't going to be rude and return the plate back to the chef. She grabbed her chopsticks and picked up a piece of broccoli. "What's the name of the lion?"

"Excuse me?"

Pesci dropped her chopsticks onto the plate. Already she could tell that this guy wasn't calling to get some work done. "If the lion can talk he must have a name," she explained. "Things don't just talk and not have names. Obviously he speaks fluently too. I mean, he gave you directions. So, an intelligent talking lion gave you directions, and he doesn't have a name?" The more she spoke the louder her voice got. She slammed her fist down on the table and nearly yelled, "I call shenanigans!"

Once again the line was quiet. Now Lulu had to see what was going on. She got out of the pool and grabbed the towel she'd laid out to dry herself off before coming onto the patio. Every time she tracked mud Gammy would scream at her. Lulu sat across from Pesci and stole some rice. 'What?' She mouthed to her.

The small Italian girl waved her hand at her to try and shoo her away. "I got this," she whispered harshly to her.

"What's his fucking name?" She finally yelled.

Lulu slapped her forehead and shook her head. Pesci was not the best people person.

"Aslan! The lion's name is Aslan!"

Wrong answer. It was Rumbleroar. Here we go, Lulu thought, in three... two... one...

"Congratulations sir, do you know what you get? An umbrella opened in your ass! I'm going to find you!"

At that point Pesci was screaming and Lulu had to wrestle her to the floor to try and snatch the phone from her hands. They fell to the floor with a crash but Pesci refused to give it up. "You hear me, sir?! I will find you!" Every time Lulu would try to reach she'd slip against her friend's skin. She took a break from screaming to look at her with a disgusted face, "Did you go swimming in cum? I'm talking chick cum, not semen."

-

Sam, Nicola, and Travie were all friends with Pesci and Lulu. Sam had known Pesci because their families were in business together, Pesci had accidentally dropped kicked Nicola out of the closet in middle school, and Lulu and Travie had known each other since the first grade. All together they were a good group of friends. None of them were nearly as close as the owners of Pathfinder. They were worse than an old married couple.

As a whole the three thought it would be nice to go and visit them. The girls were running low on ink and sewing needles. Nicola, whose mom worked in a Michaels, was able to get discounts on needles and Sam and Travie had year’s worth of school supplies (pens, darling) they hadn't even touched. Once they all arrived at the house they promptly ignored the front door and used the side gate. Every time Gammy Jiao saw Nicola she'd pat her face and tell her about all the single lesbians that she knows that are 'good Chinese girls'.

From outside the gate they could hear two very familiar voices screeching at each other. They ran inside expecting the worse and stopped dead in their tracks. There they were. Soaking wet, nearly half naked, and wrestling.

"Should we stop it?" Sam whispered.

Nicola held up her hand and shook her head. "No. We should let them work it out."

-

Dunkin Donuts stereotypically enough wasn't the cops' favorite place to hang out in the area, they much preferred Subway. There men could look intimidating with their big mustaches and stone cold glare while they ate a six inch meatball and marina on white bread. There were six cops in the small sub shop and they were all sitting at one table and talking about the most recent people they had given tickets to. All except one.

Frank Anders had never dreamed about being a cop. He'd always wanted to be an artist. He wanted galleries of his paintings in New York and he wanted to be free with his work. He could faintly hear his partner Keen talking about the tattoo shop. The man was obsessed with taking it down. All the other cops groaned. This was a topic he liked to talk a lot about. "Face it, Keen," one Officer said, "You've got nothing on the case. It's probably some stupid teenager trying to make a quick buck."

As Officer Keen was about to chew the cop out another one stumbled into the Subway with a perturbed look on his face. He sat pulled up a chair and collapsed down into it. "I just had the weirdest phone call of my life." He ruffled his dark hair and rested his elbows on the table. "So, I get an anonymous tip from some lady, right? Tells me to call some number and tell them about some sort of path." He started laughing and shook his head. "Warning boys, people don't like telemarketers or a lion named Aslan."

The man's partner came inside the shop and took a seat next to him. "You tellin' them about the crazy bitch with the umbrella?"