Status: Slow updates

Love Struck

A New Day and An Altercation

"When I see you sky as a kite,
As high as I might,
I can't get that high,
And how you move,
The way you burst the clouds,
It makes me want to try."


"High" by The Cure is a wonderful song to listen to when you're in love. I had it on repeat that morning. I couldn't wait to see Cole at school. Clothing for the day?

Hot pink sleeveless shirt? Check!

Fishnet shirt to go over said sleeveless shirt? Check!

Black leather pants? Check!

Hot pink leopard print creepers? Check!

Pink belt with studs? Check!

Custom made necklace with skull beads, flower beads, and a Hello Kitty Pendant? Check!

Spiked wristband? Check!

And to think some people actually had to ask if I was gay. I liked to think that it was fairly obvious. My eye makeup was heavier than usual that day. I ended up borrowing some black eye shadow from my mom, which made my eyes look even more blue, if that were possible. After teasing my hair, slightly, I went into the kitchen for my coffee. "Hey, Mom."

"My, my! Don't we look hot today." She said with a smile.

I smiled back. "Thanks. Are you sure it's not too trashy?"

"No, sweetheart. You look great!" She said. "Cole will be in awe when he sees you!"

I looked down, smiling shyly. "That's sort of the point."

"Be careful, sweetie, I don't need my only son losing his virginity on the second day of his first relationship."

I nearly choked on my coffee. "Oh my God! Mom! I am NOT going to sleep with Cole!" My face must have been as pink as my hair.

She laughed. "Finish up your coffee and get to school. Don't want to keep your new man waiting." She said, before leaving. My mom was almost as bad as Luna when it came to teasing, except she was A LOT less hyper.

After I finished my coffee, I grabbed my messenger bag and my skateboard and headed off to school. Robert Smith's voice sang to me through my headphones, just like every other morning.

Suddenly, I felt a blunt pain in the side of my head, knocking me off balance and causing me to fall to the ground. I looked over only to see a rock sitting on the sidewalk. Another sudden blunt pain struck my head again. I looked across the street to see two kids from my school throwing rocks at me. I had no idea what their names were. One of them was tall and chubby with red curly hair and freckles while the other was identical, but slightly shorter. I grumbled as I tried to get up. I saw them coming toward me.

“Hey! Leave him alone, you little bitches!” I looked up to see a familiar face, Keiton Argyle. Keiton was tall, about 5’11. He was skinny, had green, blue, purple, and pink hair that was layered, parted on the side, and teased, and often wore makeup inspired by British glam rock stars from the 70s. Despite his femininity, he could be pretty intimidating.

“What are you gonna do if we don’t, faggot?” the tall one said. I flinched at the name, and I think Keiton did too.

Keiton walked toward them. “How old are you kids? 14? 15? I’m 20, sweethearts. I’m also a good few inches taller than you. I could dropkick you into the next zip code.” There was only an inch between him and the tall boy.

The shorter one stood back. “C’mon, Ned, let’s go. We’re going to be late for school.” He said tugging on his friend’s arm.

Ned glared at Keiton, but said nothing, he looked my way. “I’ll get you later when your faggot friend isn’t around to save you.” He warned, before leaving.

“You okay, Aiden, sweetie?” He asked, helping me up.

“Yeah. Thanks.”

Keiton was like an older brother to me. His Uncle Paul, who’s now his adoptive dad, worked with my mom at Vision. Keiton’s had a rough life. He’s also gay, and when he came out at the age of 15, his real parents kicked him out, that’s when his uncle took him in.

“Well, you look sexy today.” He said with a sly grin.

I looked at his outfit. Faded, ripped skinny jeans, platform boots, and a white feather jacket, no shirt underneath.

“So do you.” I said, awkwardly. Keiton’s never called me sexy.

“Sweetie, I always look sexy.” He laughed. “But it’s unusual for you to get all dressed up. Trying to impress a hot boy?”

“Yeah, my boyfriend.” I said, blushing.

“Boyfriend?! You must come STRAIGHT to my house after school and tell me ALL about him!”

I laughed. “Okay, Keiton.”

“Well, you’re going to be late if you don’t get moving. I’ll see you later, darling!” He hugged me and kissed both of my cheeks.

“Alright, bye, Keiton.” I called after him. Then I thought of something. "Wait!"

He turned around. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"Do I look okay? I don't have any dirt on me or anything, do I?"

"Sweetheart, do you honestly think I'd actually let you go see your NEW boyfriend if you DIDN'T look okay?" He laughed. "You look sexy as hell, Aiden."

I sighed with relief. "Okay, thanks!"

"No problem, hun. Now go on! You’re going to be late! You don’t want to keep your new man waiting!”

“Alright. Bye!”

I continued on my way to school. I couldn't wait to see Cole.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, everyone. I've had really bad writer's block. Updates will be even slower because I'll be starting college soon, please be patient. I'll do my best to get the chapters up ASAP.