Untitled.

Chapter two - first encounters.

“You’re coming to my eighteenth, right?” Caitlin Lahn asked DJ, watching her with a serious expression, as if the world depended on the nineteen year old’s answer.
“Uhhh, sure Caitlin, I’ll come.” She said eventually, watching as the blonde girl’s face lit up with a smile.
“Great! It’s this Friday. Wear something nice, yeah?” She gushed and was soon gone to harass another victim.
“What did Barbie want?” Finn asked, pushing at his black hair as he sauntered over to stand next to DJ. She handed him one of the two pink cards Caitlin had handed her and smirked as she explained. “She invited us to her birthday.”
“Us?” Finn gasped, his dark eyes widening. “The local rejects?”
“Yep. You and me, at Barbie’s party.” DJ laughed.
“Wait a second, we’re actually going?” Finn blinked down at DJ, raising an eyebrow.
“Well...”
“YOU SAID YES?!” He yelled, causing quite a few heads to turn. DJ had been standing at her locker for about ten minutes now, so she shut it and walked toward the courtyard. Most of the students at Allegiance High had already claimed their seats and were eating and talking happily; Finn and DJ moving to their usual seat at the end of the large open area. There was a small stone bench that was covered head to toe in graffiti; this is where they sat.
“Tell me, Deej, please. Why did you say yes?” her best friend asked as he sat heavily on one half of the hard stone, DJ falling in to place beside him.
“She ambushed me! I couldn’t say no to her face!”
“I could. Caitlin, no.” Finn said matter-of-factly, jumping a mile high when Caitlin replied to him.
“No what, Finn?”
“Uhh.. No way.. am I missing your party.” He said, smiling awkwardly at her. DJ had to bite her lip to stop from laughing out loud.
“Great! So you’ll both be coming! That’s awesome!”
“Yeah, woo!” DJ put in, Finn glaring at her.
“See you Friday!” Caitlin chirped, running to catch up to someone at the far end of the courtyard. Finn sighed, resting his head against the stone behind him. “Great, now I have to go. WAIT. Maybe I can catch measles on Thursday night.” DJ laughed at him, pulling an apple from her bag and taking a bite from it.
“Oh yeah, Finny. Measles. By Friday. It’s a miracle illness! Can I catch it too?”
“You’re mocking me.” Finn muttered, taking a bite from his sandwich.
“And what are you going to do about it?” She teased.
“He won’t do anything about it, he’s a pussy.” A voice sounded from behind the stone bench. The two of them spun to see a tall, lanky boy smirking at them, dark brown hair covering one of his bright green eyes.
“Shove it, Axel.” Finn muttered, turning back to his lunch.
“Oh, you hurt my feelings.” Axel put a hand to his heart as he rounded the bench to stand before them, looking over DJ thoroughly
“Want a tissue?” she asked sweetly, agitated by the way he watched her. She wasn’t a piece of meat!
“Yes, please.”
“Go get one then.” DJ smiled, putting an arm around Finn.
“Feisty one you got there, Finn.” Axel smirked again, turning his attention back to the tense boy beside DJ.
“Yeah, and?”
“She’s cute.”
“And mine.” Finn cut in, pulling DJ close to him. DJ blinked, not sure what was going on. Axel laughed and turned away, walking casually back toward the canteen.
“What the hell was that, Finn?” She demanded, sliding to the far end of the bench.”
“Remember how I told you that kid moved in a few houses down from me and did nothing but harass me for three months before he moved out of home?”
“That’s HIM?” DJ gasped, staring after Axel.
“Yep. Pain in my pass.”
“You shouldn’t let him put such things in such places then, love.” DJ laughed, jumping from her seat and sprinting away from