‹ Prequel: My Last Resolve

Falling Apart

The Beginning

Dear Dad,

I know I haven't talked to you lately, but it's because I've been thinking. This is hard for me to say, but I must do so lest I falter and bear you false tidings. I must tell you that even though I love you, I can't feel for you the way I should. You haven't been the father that you needed to be so I have found others to take your place, like my mother and one of our elders, Rick Foster. I wish I could tell you how I feel without hurting you, but I now know that that is impossible. Please don't try to change my mind, I gave you almost fifteen years of chances. But now I have three families to comfort me and I am sorry to say that you aren't apart of any to them, but you could be if you would join the church again. Now before you are deceived I must say that even that will not let you back in. So as Mel Gibson said in Braveheart "Everyman dies, but not every man truly lives." Now it's my turn to live and I am sorry to say that the life that I wish to lead doesn't involve you, by your choice.

Sincerly,

Sister Butler-Brown
child of God
♠ ♠ ♠
This was the first letter I ever sent to my biological father trying to explain to him about how I felt

He didn't get it...