Status: Comment if you think I should keep writing.

Love Never Felt So Right

Please

“You’re a wolf,” she said in statement not question. My eyes widened in surprise. How was I going to get out of this? I read it in the letter, but didn’t think she would understand what was being said in it. I looked at my parents for help, or at least my sister, but they were no where near or even the room.

I turned my attention back to Vanessa. Her eyes were filled with fright, shock, understanding and many more emotions I couldn’t pin point. The one that I could not get through my head was the understanding.

I looked down at our hands, which were still entwined together. I was even more surprised when she didn’t let go. I would’ve thought she would be scared and back away from me screaming. Instead, she squeezed my hands again.

“Is that why you asked me what my favorite animal was?” she asked quietly. I didn’t even remember when I asked her. I shook my head back and forth.

“I wasn’t even thinking about it when I asked you actually,” I answered honestly. She narrowed her eyes at me slightly. She let out a small chuckle after a few seconds.

“How can you not remember who you are?” she asked chuckling. I was confused to say the least.

“I didn’t forget. I just…” I trailed off. I didn’t know if I should tell her. I mean I know she believes that I’m a wolf, but how much does she believe? Does she think I shift like I really do, or does she think I shift like the guys they have on TV?

I let go of her hands and got up. My hands felt cold without hers in mine. I almost grabbed them again, but thought better of it. I resisted the urge.

“I have to go. I have…” I said. I needed to look around the house to see if anything was out place. I needed to look for a scent.

No! He can’t leave! I don’t want to stay by myself I heard scream in my head. I looked at Vanessa. My mind automatically started to call her Nessa. Her name seemed to long for me. I shook my head to bring back my attention to the current situation. Did she just scream that? Her lips didn’t move though.

“Did you just say something?” I asked my face scrunched with confusion. She shook her head lightly. “Oh, I thought I heard something. Must’ve been my mind.” I started to back away towards the door.

“Where are you going?” she asked before I stepped out the door completely. I stopped dead in my tracks.

“To look around,” I said. Nessa twisted her mouth to side a little. She bit her lip ever so softly. “Why?” I asked quietly.

“Because I don’t want to stay alone in my room. Can you please stay with me?” Nessa said to me lowly. I looked at her, and then behind my shoulder towards the kitchen. My whole family stood there having conversations on what just happened.

“Can I just go ask my parents something?” I asked lowly. Nessa bit her lip and nodded her head. It pained me to see her upset and scared. When we talked in the kitchen, it felt natural. Not like any other conversation I had before.

I briskly walked in the kitchen ready to do anything that popped into my head. My father stopped talking looked at me. I wanted to interrogate him, or anybody who was here, and ask why they didn’t see anything. But, I knew it couldn’t be his fault. I didn’t know what happened, so how was he supposed to know?

With my speed, I paced around the kitchen looking like a blur. Trying to think of what happened and how, I just got aggravated. Nothing made any sense in my head. I stopped all of sudden. Janet’s head kept moving fast along with my figure, but then slowed down as she noticed me stop moving.

“Son, I hate to see you stressed,” My mom started, “but we don’t know what happened. You already know we have guards. We asked and every one of them said they saw nothing.” I could see my dad looking at me from the corner of his eye. I was still breathing heavily.

“Well then, maybe we should get better protection. Because, obviously, the ones we have now suck,” I said harshly. My mother winced by the coldness in it. I didn’t mean for it to come out so bad, but this anger was how it was to me. I don’t where it came from and I had feeling it wasn’t for my family’s safety, but for somebody else.

“Ethan! Stop it now. I know you’re mad but that gives you no right for you to be like that,” my father said with a frown deep on his face. “Now, I understand why you must be upset, it’s the same reason you growled at me when I tried to shake Vanessa’s hand. But I think if you leave her alone tonight, whatever it was will come again and we can get it.”

As I listened to his idea, my brain shut it out. “No,” I said automatically. I started to walk back to Vanessa’s room. Before I fully got out of the kitchen, I turned to my parents one last time, “Nessa asked me to stay with her, so that’s where I’ll be,” I told them and started for her room again.

When I walked back into Vanessa’s room, I found her sitting on the bed in the middle clutching the blanket around her. She was staring at the window. I looked at it and saw nothing. As I walked closer to the bed, Nessa turned towards me. Her hazel colored eyes fell upon my green ones. I felt entranced with her.

“Can you please close the window?” she asked me. Her eyes were widely open. My breath caught in my throat. When I raised my arms up to close the window, I noticed it had a peculiar smell. The shades and curtains were next to being closed.

Once that was done, I walked back to Vanessa. I sat on the edge of the bed and smiled softly at her. She lowered the sheets down from around her. Vanessa was sitting down crossed-legged and was holding her hands together on her lap. She looked down at them and then back up at me.

“Thank you,” she whispered. I watched as she scooted closer to a side of the bed, her shirt riding up her stomach. Her hair a bright red around her body, encircling her like a cocoon. She gave me one of her beautiful smiles and patted the space next to her. I crawled towards her and leaned against the pillows on the headboard.

“How is it to be a wolf?” she asked as she placed her head gently by my shoulder. I slowly lifted my arm and wrapped it around her shoulders. She picked up her head and smiled that beautiful smile of hers at me. She lowered again, but this time on my chest.

“Well, I guess, it would be natural. It’s part of me, of who I am. It feels the same as I am in human form,” I tried to explain. My mouth opened and struggled to find words that would describe how it to be a wolf.

“It’s not you can give an explanation about, huh?” she giggled. I shook my head and squeezed her shoulder teasingly.

Her body turned all of a sudden and her arm closed around my waist. I froze. On the other hand, Nessa snuggled into me, her legs entangling with mine, her head finding a more comfortable spot on my chest. She chooses right over my heart.

“Will you sleep with my tonight?” she whispered, eyes wide, looking into mine.