What I Can't See

What I Can't See Chapter 7

Demetri's POV

"Ava, what are you doing?" I asked as I got down there.

"Exactly what you should be doing."

"Ava, would you stop for just one second?"

She whirled around. "What?"

I hesitated. "Ava, these lights are motion sensored. They turn on when you get all the way down the ladder. It takes at least five minutes to turn off after the motion is gone."

"I don't care." She turned around and began running. Dammit! I should've known that would onlygive more reason to go further.

I began running after her. This wasn't the time or place to stand and do nothing. I have to find out who broke that vase. I have to keep Ava and Lucy safe.

Ava's POV

I kept on running. Why did we bothhave to have such huge properties? Oh well. It didn't matter at the moment. I have to find out what is going on.

Amoment later I came to a ladder. I began to climb it. Nobody else wasaround. I couldn't hear Demetri anymore. He must have taken my advice on being quiet.

I reached the top. "Demetri, how does this open?"

"Give it a second. It will open on it's own." He sounded close. Much closer than I expected. He sounded as if he were right below me. The passage opened.

"Alright then," I whispered to myself. I climbed through the opening. As I had figured, Demetri was right behind me.

"Lucy? Are you there?" Demetri continued to call for his sister.

It's been three hours. We searched the entire house and came up with nothing. We checked every passage, everyroom, every corner, and every floor. And there happens to be five floors.

"She's gone. I can't believe it," I heard Demetri mumble. He sounded depressed. Last I heard, he and his sister hated each other.

"It'll be fine. Think about it. There was someone here. So the only way anyone could have left so quickly, is if they knew the passages," I have no idea where I am going with this. I opened my mouth only to find it wasn't my voice I heard.

"Or it could be the fact that his thoughtful sister understands that you must be in so much pain just knowing that you have to marry Demetri, so she got you a little present." We turned our heads to the doorway to see Lucy.

The next thing I knew, Demetri was across the room tackeling his sister. I laughed to myself as they fell to the ground.

"Ugh! Demetri! Get off of me!" He stayed where he was. "Fine. You leave me no choice." I heard an extremely high pitched whistle.

Demetri let out a cry of pain as herolled off his sister. I rushed over to see what had happened and nearlydoubled over laughing at what I saw.

"What is this?" Demetri asked angrily.

"That's a husky puppy Demetri," Lucy said sweetly as she sat up. Demetri glared while his sister gave an innoccent smile that didn't touch her eyes.

He tore his gaze from her and stormed out of the room and upstairs. I stopped laughing.

"Think he'll be okay?" I asked her.

"He'll be fine. We fight like this all the time."

"Are you sure? He seems pretty upset."

"Leave it alone. He's playing the symapthy card. Don't fall for it."

I ignored what she said and went to find him anyway. I was guessing that he had gone to his room.

He wasn't there. I'm surprised I still remember where it is. He's the one who checked his room for Lucy.

"He's probably in the rec. room." I turned to seeLucy standing in the middle of the hall, pointing to the left. "Last chance. He's playing you."

"I don't think he is. If so, then he's been playing me all day. I don't think he'd be able to keep the act up that long." I walked over to the door she had pointed me to.

"Alright. Have it your way. Make him feel better. But when he makes his intentions known, I will be here to say 'I told you so.'" She turned and walked away.

I shook my head and opened the door to see Demetri throwing darts at the dartboard. He seemed just as angry as he had downstairs. Maybe even a little worse.

"Go away," he said in frustration after he missed the board. He walked up to the board, turned it off, and then walked away in the opposite direction. He sat down on the couch.

"No. Not until you talk to me." Iwalked over andsat down beside him.

"What do you want me to say? That I was worried sick for my sister and all she does is make fun of me and get a small dog to attack me? Or that all you did was laugh at me in pain? Is that it?" His gaze never left mine. It almost seemed like he was holding back. This wasn't the worst he had in him?

"I'm sorry. I can't say the same thing for your sister. She thinks you're playing on my sympathy. But I didn't care what she was saying. I knew it wasn't right to leave you so mad and I came totry to make you feel better."

Hurt struck his eyes. "She thinks I'm playing you? She really thinks I would go that low?" He looked away.

Maybe I shouldn't have told him that. What am I going to do now? "Demetri?"

He looked back up at me with the same pain in his eyes. He just sat there, staring at me.

"Demetri, please talk to me. I really am sorry. What can I do t-" I was tackled.

I felt his lips connect with mine and I kissed back without thinking. My hands tangled themselves in his hair. "She was right," he mumbeled into the kiss. "So was I. It turned into a make out session."

"I told you so." We broke apart and looked over the edge of the couch to see Lucy turn out of the room. I blushed at least four different shades of red before I got up and left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been so long. and its no longer going to be a thriller... just a romance.. you'll understand in an upcoming chapter