Status: New co-written story. Comments are love.

Time Runs Through Our Veins.

What does it mean?

001. Rylan's point of veiw.

You know those vows people say when they get married? What do they mean? what I mean to ask is does anyone ever mean them? Honestly, how many people do you know who have been married for like, ever? Till death do us part? Either a LOT of people lie or a LOT of people are walking dead. And what about the people who’ve been married more than once? Compulsive liars or super zombies?

I always thought my parents were the superheroes of my world. Need gas? Put it on the card. Sick? Let me make you soup. Beak-up? Lets go watch a movie. But superheroes don’t lie and they sure as hell don’t die.

So it confused me when dad informed me and my twin, Jordan, that he and mom were getting a divorce.

More than confused me. It rendered me speechless, sent me into a state of disbelief. Numbness.

The worst part was that it was Wednesday. That meant going to school and trying to act normal.

“Rylan, what’s gonna happen?” Jordan asks in the childlike voice he’s always had.

“I don’t know, Jay.”

“What if they separate us?”

“They wont.”

“But what if they try?”

By this time we’re sitting in the school parking lot so I turn to look at him. We’re identical twins but an outside observer would have to do a double take. The only thing we share are our green eyes. Jordan’s dyed his hair platinum blond and blue and he wears eyeliner. He has snakebites and his nose pierced. He’s dressed in his normal black hoodie over an obscenely bright t-shirt and unbelievably tight pants. Typical Emo look.

So different from my un-pierced, natural blond self. Polo shirt and khaki shorts paired with flip flops.

“Jordan, listen to me. Remember when we were in tenth grade and they tried to put on on different lunch shifts?”

He smiles. “You came to my shift and refused to leave until they changed it permanently.”

“Because you’re my brother and you need me. Just like I need you. So they wont split us up and if they try I’ll handle it.”

“Okay.”

“Alright.” I get out of the CR-V dad got me for my sixteenth. Jay got one too but its easier to carpool.

Honestly I like spending time with Jordan. Hes fun to hang around but we have two very different social circles. Popular VS Emo. You do the math. Everyone knows how I am when it comes to Jordan though so they leave him alone. I wish I could say the same for his friends. Like that kid Nolan? One of Jordan’s best friends. He gets picked on worse than Kurt from Glee. (Why do I watch that show? My EX got me hooked.)

Jordan and I walk side by side to one of the empty benches in front of the school unconsciously.

“What are we gonna do Jordan?”

“I don’t know.” He replies sadly.

“What if they actually try to separate us?” I ask.

“We’ll figure it out.” He rubs my back slowly as I rest my head in my hands. “It’ll be okay.”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“You better go before your friends kill me with death stares.” He says. I glance up and catch the eyes of at least fifteen people looking at us. Ten of them being from my friends.

“See you at lunch?”

“I hear it’s pizza day.” He laughs.

“Peace.” I trot over to my best friends, Alex and Olivia. The schools golden couple.

“What was that about?” Alex asks.

“Huh? Oh…uh, nothing. Just…something that happened this morning.” I give him the watered down version.

“Ri-ight. So, party at Logan’s. You in?”

“Can’t. moms having a benefit and we gotta show.” I lie. I really don’t feel like dealing with these people right now. I know it sounds bad but I really cant stand my friends sometimes. And with what I just learned I don’t think I can play along with them today. “I gotta go see Mr. Smith. Something about my art project. Catch you later.”

I skip up the steps and swing into the building only to find myself slamming into a very solid human being.

He squeak's and jumps back. “S-sorry.”

“Whatever, Nolan. Watch where your going.” Immediately I feel bad for snapping at him so I lean over and pick up the textbooks he dropped. I hand them to him and escape to my safe haven. The art room.

Everyone knows I take art and that I’m really good. They think it’s a coincidence. What they don’t know is that I love art. I mean, the rich jock is an art geek? Doesn’t add up, right? So for now it’s my little secret. It’s only a matter of time……
♠ ♠ ♠
New story, thanks for reading. Comment please. <3