Status: New co-written story. Comments are love.

Time Runs Through Our Veins.

Can't stand it

The movie and dinner following are both on me. I'm out over a hundred dollars but the smiles on Jordan's and Nolan's faces are well worth it. 

Nolan squishes his eyebrows together in a confused expression, glaring at his plate. "I'm only one boy! How am I supposed to eat all this?!" 

"Babe, you don't have to eat it all. You can get a box." I laugh, leaning over and kissing his nose. Nolan giggles but Jordan groans.

"What's wrong Jay?" Nolan asks worriedly. 

"Nothing, I just- I want that. I want what you two have....only, you know, with a girl."

I roll my eyes but smile softly. "We can find you someone. I know a few girls who would be interested." 

"I don't want a random girl though. I want Kelsie." He whines. 

"There's plenty of blondes in our school. What's the difference between one of them and Kelsie?" I shrug. Suddenly, I feel a forceful kick to the shin from Nolan's direction. "Fuck! What was that for!?" 

He glares at me. "There is a very big difference. I swear, you can be such a guy sometimes." 

"Hate to break it to you but I am a guy. Plus, I've got the most amazing person in the world to call mine so why should I even think about anyone else?" 

Nolan's glare melts and he coo's before kissing me softly. Another kick is delivered under the table, this time from Jordan's direction. 

"Will you quit the lovey stuff? It's making me sick." He moans.

Nolan sticks his tongue out at him and I can't help but laugh. 

*****


Baseball conditioning starts the following day after school. Despite my persistent begging, Nolan insists that he has way too much homework and can't stay. Instead, he promises to come over when it's all done so we can spend time together. 

Conditioning for this fine Wednesday afternoon starts off with a two mile 'warm-up' run followed by way to many stretches. Next the coach splits us into pairs to do some throwing and catching drills. This is followed by even more unbearable stretches and another half mile 'cool down' run. 

And this is just conditioning. How else are we supposed to separate the real players from the rookies? 

By the time I get home my body is stiff and everywhere hurts. I manage to make it into the shower, turning the water to the hottest setting and letting the scalding water burn my skin. 

I have no idea how long I stay in the shower but the water is ice cold by the time I step out. I only have enough energy to half heartedly dry myself off and slip on a pair of boxers, before collapsing on my bed. 

As soon as I stop moving my body starts throbbing. I can't tell if it's from the vigorous workout or the third degree burns that inevitably cover my flesh. 

I hear my phone ring but I can't bring myself to get up to answer it. This happens three more times before Jordan bursts in the room. 

He takes one look at me before rolling his eyes. "Yeah, Nolan, he's here...." He says into his phone.

"Nolan? Jay, can I talk to him?" I ask childishly. 

He just shakes his head and puts the phone to my ear. "Ry?" 

"Nolan, hey. Are you still coming over?"

He hesitates for a second. "Should I? You sound so tired. Are you sure you don't just wanna sleep?" 

"No, I want you here next to me. Please? I can come get you." I offer.

Nolan giggles a bit. "Okay, I'll come but I don't want you to get up. I'll make Jordan come." 

A few minutes later, Jordan reluctantly agrees and I thank my twin five times over. 

A mere fifteen minutes pass before Nolan walks in. His eyes widen and he rushes over to me. "Rylan, baby, are you okay?" 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" 

"You look like you're about to pass out. I really shouldn't have come. You should be resting!" He protests, standing to go. 

I reach out and grab his hand, wincing slightly at the pain that shoots up my arm at the movement. "Don't go. Please? I want you here." 

Nolan's resolve shatters and he kicks his shoes off and crawls into bed next to me. I pull him as close to me as he'll allow, only letting out small grunts of comfort. It's as if he's afraid of hurting me. 

Then again, he probably is.

We end up falling asleep not long after that which was not a good idea at all. 

It's only a matter of time....
♠ ♠ ♠
I meant to post this yesterday!
I had it written and typed and I just forgot.
I'm so sorry :(

Will you comment anyway?
Even if it is just to say 'there's a reason I like this story and it's cause it's awesome.'