Status: New co-written story. Comments are love.

Time Runs Through Our Veins.

So we'll pretend it's alright

Ten seconds after I close my door Jordan pushes it back open. 

"what happened? Why is Nolan crying?" he demands.

"It's his own fault! He was in our room." 

"What? He was? What did you say?" 

"I asked him to leave. I did a lot better considering."

"Yeah okay. Did you talk to him?"

Oops. "No, i will though. Tomorrow." 

"fine throw me his jacket."

And this is where I gets weird. Instead of throwing Jordan Nolan's jacket I throw him mine. They're both black so he doesn't know the difference. As soon as he closes he door behind him I wonder why the hell I did that. 

I shake off the thought. I'll figure it out later. I always do. Instead I find my favorite drawing pencil, set up a lamp to shine directly on the wall, and slip on the glasses I only wear for detailed drawings. I turn on my mello/upbeat playlist and finish sketching the wolf.

Matchbox twenty's 'how far we've come' comes on and I start to think about how far I am. And how far I'm about to be set back.

What am I gonna do if they actually try till separate us? That'd be like taking a seeing eye dog from a blind person.

How far would that set be back exactly?

Suddenly I think, what about everyone else? If one divorce is going to hurt me this much what have other people gone through?

Not only divorce but loosing parents, abusive relationships, being forced to do something you're against.

And nobody would even know because you don't tell them. I mean, I'm not telling anyone about the divorce. If they find out, they find out.

I think I just realized why I don't feel like being a jerk. You never know what someone else is going through. 

I hate it when I do stuff before I even know why.

When the sketch is finished I sit back on my heels ands look it over. 

This is different from what I pictured in my head. Better. Worse. The wolf looks wilder in the face and the stance but really soft in the eyes. I WAS going to paint it but the grey of the pencil just really looks right. A little shading and a few charcoal strokes and it'll be perfect. I check the clock and find that it's two A.M.

No homework. No dinner. Just drawing. That's the way it should always be.

I take an hour long shower. The water is so warm it feels like being wrapped in a water blanket. Can you blame me?

By the time I get out I'm so tired I can only manage to pull on a pair of boxers before I pass out in bed.
**************************

"Rylan! School starts in fifteen minutes!" Jordan screams at me. I spring up, well I try to. I end up on the floor tangled in my blanket. "Are you okay?" Jordan bends down next to me, fully dressed, hair straight, bright green eyes wide awake.

"Yeah, yeah! Go! Car! Wait. Go get two things of yogurt and meet me in the car." I crawl from beside my bed to the closet and pull on the closest pair of jeans. Then I lace up some Adidas and grab a hoodie from the floor. The only thing I take time doing is carefully picking up the painting we finished yesterday. As soon as I slide in the drivers seat, Jordan looks at me. "No shirt?"

I look down and see a bare chest under a hoodie that's a little to tight on me. "Shit!"

"It'll be okay. I have an extra shirt in my locker."

"You're a size smaller than me." I point out pulling onto the main road.

"So it'll be small."

"I'll pass." I look at him. "Gimmie a yogurt." He hands me a little container and stares at my still outstretched hand.

"What?"

"Spoon?"

"you said get yogurt. You said nothing about a spoon."

I slam my head against the steering wheel. "I'm going to strangle you."

"Yeah, sure you are." He slides out of the car as soon as i park.

"Eat the yogurt! I'm checking your levels in an hour." I call after him. He waves me off.

The first bell rings as soon as I enter the building and I sprint to the art room.

"Mr. James, you're late." Mr. Smith says. All eyes are on me but I'm only aware of two.

Nolan's wide eyes look relieved and questioning. This is when realize that I'm actually wearing his hoodie. Which is still unzipped also my chest is showing. 

I fix the problem quickly. "Sorry, my alarm clock forgot to wake me up." 

Smith laughs and motions for me to sit. "I'll be with you shortly to explain the project."

I slide onto the stool next to Nolan. "Is that mine?" He questions.

"Yeah, I mixed them up yesterday. You should have mine."

He looks down then back up. "Oh...do you wanna switch back?"

"I'm...Uh...kinda not wearing a shirt right now. Later?"

"Yeah okay." He looks happy and for some reason that makes me smile.

It's only a matter of time...
♠ ♠ ♠
TC: Have faith in me - a day to remember.

I got a new iPod guys. I can update on it! This is the first chapter I've done on it so congratulate me!! This just means more updates :D

Comment? <3