Status: Slowly Active.

Affliction

.014

Soft snores left Zacky’s full, pierced lips as I chuckled softly. I leaned in, kissing his pouting mouth and pulled back. A small smirk curled onto the corner of his lips as I smiled brightly. He turned his head as his messy hair covered the pillow. I kicked the sheets of my legs and turned my body. I slipped on my slippers that were besides the bed and got up. I stretched my limbs above my head, scratching my messy hair. I looked over my shoulder to see Zacky still sleeping like a rock. It was nice that he can sleep in his own bed instead of a bunk when he is touring. I shook my head and walked into the master bathroom. Just the thought of tour made my tummy churn because Zacky would be gone. I mean he is a big time rock star. I pulled down my pajamas shorts and sat on the toilet, doing my business. Once, I finished and cleaned myself. I rinsed my hands with soap then washed my face. I grabbed my toothbrush and started doing my business. When, I finished I put my toothbrush down and stared into the mirror. I tilted my head up and looked at the bruise underneath my eye, where Chris smacked me. It was slowly fading away and let out a huff with my bangs flying upward from my action. I turned off the bathroom light and walked out. Zacky was still in the same position only with his arm hanging off the bed.

I smiled softly and walked out the bedroom. I made my way across the hall, opening Armani’s door and to see my little precious sleeping. She was snoring also just like her father. I chuckled, closing her door and a soft bark echoed into my ear. I glanced down to see Icky with his big glossy eyes staring at me. “Are you hungry, boy?” I asked, clapping my hands.

He barked in reply. “Come on then. I don’t want us to wake up the sleepy heads,” I said, patting my thigh so Icky can follow me. And he did, trotting behind me as I descended down the stairwell. Once, I was in the living room. I noticed Armani’s toys spread across the floor. I sighed and started picking them up and placed them in her toy basket, which Zacky put in the corner. The answering machine was blinking and I pressed the play button as I walked into the kitchen.

Hey Zack and Erynn, its Ashley. Just wanted to know if you wanted to have a little get together. Only you guys and the munchkin, call me back if you want too.

Tell Erynn, I said hi. HI ERYNN!

Quiet Jimmy!” which was followed by bickering and a click. I laughed at the two, knowing I’ll call them back later. I bent down, picking up Icky’s bowl and started cleaning it. The messages went on from the guys to Schecter saying Zack’s new custom was done. I put fresh water in Icky’s bowl, putting it down as he rushed to it and started drinking. I laughed and went through the cabinets, getting his doggy food. I grabbed it, opening the top and started pouring the right amount for him. And for a pup, Ichabod sure can eat. “Enjoy boy,” I patted his head and washed my hands again as I continued listening to the messages, “Zachary, this is your mother here. Do you not know how to use a phone? How come I have to hear about you and Erynn from the guys and not from you? We’re going to have a serious talk about this and how I want more beautiful grandchildren! Call me back, son. I made you. I sure can take you out!

I laughed controllably, knowing Zack will have a field day about this message. I took out some hot chocolate mix, grabbing myself a mug as I walked towards the fridge, taking out the milk. I poured the milk into the mug and walked over towards the microwave as I opened it, putting the mug inside and put it on two minutes. I put the milk back in the fridge and stood at the island, grabbing one of the many magazines there. I flipped open a page and as soon as I did, the microwave dinged. I walked over to it and opened the microwave. I grabbed the warm mug, taking a spoon from the rack and sat down as I started pouring the hot chocolate mix into the cup. I stirred until it was right and the aroma of chocolate hit my nostrils. I sat down on a stool and sipped some of the warmth. I continued looking through the magazine; I was looking through before and as soon as I brought the mug to my lips. A message on the answering machine made my heart. “Hello, this is Orange County Superior Court and this call is required for an Erynn Yllise Lane to schedule court hearing for Chris Roberts in a case..

That name sends chills down my spine.

Please contact us back and thank you for your time.

‘This couldn’t be happening to me’ I thought inside my head that I didn’t notice how my hands were violently shaking. ‘This couldn’t be happening to me!’ I thought over and over again. My mug dropped from my hands as tears built up. I had to face that monster again but this time in court! I couldn’t do it. They can’t let me do that! I won’t let them do this. My body shook in such fury, I couldn’t handle it anymore. I didn’t hear the sounds of footsteps nor a sound of a voice with a slight lisp. I just continued shaking. Two calloused hands turned me around on the stool, forcing me to look at the person. The hands had a grip on me, telling me to talk. I finally glanced up and stared at the person’s face, such beautiful greenish blue eyes.

Zacky.

Then sound came back to me. “Erynn, baby, what’s wrong?” such worry laced in his voice. “Your hand is bleeding?!”

I didn’t notice that until I looked down at the gash in my hand. But, I didn’t care that didn’t stop my tears from falling. Zacky grabbed my face and expression was killing me. His pretty eyes were misty, “Baby, what’s wrong? You’re scaring me.”

I looked down, shaking my head as my shoulders shook, “I just can’t.” I rambled, making no sense whatsoever. Zacky was confused, “Can’t what? Erynn, you aren’t making any sense.”

I pushed Zacky back slightly, “I won’t let them!” I continued on, getting up from the stool,

ignoring the tingle in my hand. Zacky didn’t know what to do nor what to say, because I was just going on and on like I was bipolar. I paced back and forth, trying to walk out of the kitchen until Zacky grabbed me, “Erynn, stop and talk to me!”

I stopped and looked him dead in the eyes, “Baby, please talk to me. What’s going on? I’m completely confused. Any guy would be if they see their girlfriend crying in the kitchen with a broken cup and bleeding hand. You know you can tell me anything, Erynn.”

My eyes welled up because he was right and all these actions I was doing was freaking him out. I did not want to worry my Zacky. He means so much to me. I couldn’t break the trance in our eyes. So, I spoke, “The court called and they want to schedule a hearing with me about the case with Chris.”

My head dropped down and Zacky saw how I felt about it not needing any words. He brought me into his embrace, wrapping his arms around my torso as I placed my face between his neck and shoulder. “Erynn, I know you don’t want to do this. But, it’s the only way to get some justice for you and Armani. That bastard needs to get the book thrown at him.”

Such hostility laced in Zacky’s words. Even, though they were true. “But, I can’t face him. I just can’t.” I whispered, shaking my head.

Zacky brought his hand up and ran his fingertips through my hair, “I know you can’t. But, you have me baby and the guys. We also have Armani! Erynn, you won’t make this thing through on your own because you have us and we’ll be there no matter what especially me.”

I glanced up and stared back into Zack’s gorgeous eyes, “You really mean that?”

Zack brushed my bangs back, “Every single word.”

I bit my bottom lip, looking down and back up again, “Okay.”

Zacky gave me a reassuring smile. Before, placing his forehead against mine, “I’ll never let anything happen to you again, Erynn. Not when, I’m around.”

I gave him a tiny smile, “You promise?” I asked like a small child. Zack crossed his heart, “I promise.”

I gave him a kiss on the lips and hugged him tightly. He hugged back and spoke against my hair, “We’ll make this through together, Erynn. I promise you that.”

“I know.” I said breathing in his scent. He squeezed tighter before letting me go, “Let’s get your hand stitched up.”

I nodded my head as Zacky grabbed my uninjured hand. I looked at the back of his head and said to myself, ‘how lucky am I to have a guy like him in my life.’

He looked back at me with a caring smile. And I thought back, ‘one in a million, Erynn.’
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I'd make a nice chapter for finally making an update. ;)

Comments and Subscribers. <3 I'll try to make my updates more frequent!