Status: Slowly Active.

Affliction

002.

An aching pain shot through my body as I felt my head throbbing like I felt Jimmy wailing away on his drums. I opened my bloodshot eyes and placed my palm against my forehead. I groaned loudly and slowly laid out my legs as I hissed in pain from the position I was in all night. Scenes of last night kept displaying inside my head as I tried pushing them away. I let out an aggravated sound as I placed my head in my hands. I decided it would be a good idea to get up from the hard tiled floor. So, I slowly eased myself from the cold bathroom floor and I felt my back cracking in process, from being pressed against the door. I hobbled over towards the sink as I grabbed the granite counter. I was scared of looking at the damage, but I did anyways. I couldn’t help but cry and gasp at the image of my face. I raised my hand and touched my busted lip.

“Ouch!” I winced as fresh tears came down my bruised and battered face. I brought my hand towards my cheekbone, where it was purple. I just thought how makeup could be possible to cover all of this and not be noticed. I licked over my cracked lips, while tasting my salty tears. I raised both of my hands and ran them through my hair and when I did, I felt a piece of hair getting pulled out from my roots. I looked down at the thick strands and sniffled. I threw the hair away and looked at my reflection through the mirror.

What was wrong with this picture? I’m not supposed to live like this. My parents taught me better and look what I’m doing. It’s just a huge slap in the face from me. Just thinking about this made me cry harder.

“Fuck, I hate this,” I exclaimed slamming my palms down on the counter, but regretted that when I felt knives being stabbed through my sides. I groaned from the pain and held onto my side. I turned slightly and slowly pulled up my shirt. My eyes scanned over the huge boot size of Texas on my ribs. I sighed knowing I wouldn’t be able to wear tight clothes. I pulled off my shirt and kicked my underwear off my long legs. I sauntered over towards the shower and slid open the glass door and adjusted the knobs. Hot water sprayed from the shower head and I hopped in. The burning drops made my skin on fire, but I ignored it as I stood under the steam. The fog started consuming the bathroom as I grabbed my cloth and soap as I poured it on the material. I brought it towards my body and started scrubbing hard just wanting to get the filthy off me. I scrubbed until my skin turned red, when I put the cloth down and grabbed my Pantene shampoo and started washing my hair. I ran my fingertips through my long locks as I turned around and tilted my head as the water washed over my face. I ran my hands over my face and just thought how the hell I can get out of this nightmare.

Time passed by and I wiped the fog from the cabinet mirror. I reached for my brush and started combing out the knots. I decided on leaving my hair curly for work, which I was a bartender at the infamous Johnny’s bar with my best friends, Myesha and Princess. I finished brushing out my hair as I placed it aside and grabbed a hair tie, throwing my locks into a messy ponytail. I wrapped the towel tighter around my chest and walked out of the bathroom. My wet feet pressed into the soft carpet as I snapped my head to see Chris snoring loudly, naked on the bed. Pure disgust washed over my face as I strolled over towards my drawers and quietly pulled out a clean pair of lacy underwear and bra. I scurried over towards my closet and pulled the handles. My hazel eyes scanned for my work attire and I found the plaid white with black skinny jeans and ran back into the bathroom, prepared for my day.

+++

I gathered the magazines that were sprawled on the floor and stacked them neatly on the coffee table as I bustled around the condo. I licked over my lips still feeling the cut as I tried covering it with lipstick. I looked at the television clock, which read 12:30pm and I knew I had to get to work in an hour. I scurried into the kitchen and started making Chris’s breakfast, because if he didn’t have it….There will be hell too pay.

I cracked two eggs and poured them in the sizzling pan. I grabbed the bowl of batter and started stirring the pancake powder. I walked around with it as I strolled over towards the answering machine, where it displayed five new messages. My manicured nail pressed play as the first two were bills.

”Hey Baby” My mother’s voice began….

Just calling to tell you, that your father and I are having a great time in Belize. I can’t wait to see my angel again with my granddaughter. Hey, when are you and Zacky going to get back together?? That chiwawa he is….

I deleted the message as I laughed at my mom’s craziness. I shook my head and it went onto the next one, “ERYNNN!!!

I rolled my eyes at Val’s shrill voice as she started ranting on the phone, “You missy, are going out with the girls and I next weekend! No excuses,”

I sighed and knew I couldn’t get out of it, but will Chris let me go anyways. The aroma of eggs and bacon filled the kitchen as I flipped the pancakes. I walked over towards the cabinets and grabbed a clean plate. I picked up the spatula and poured the food onto the china piece. I placed the hot food on the table and turned to start making some coffee. Once, the mix was in the pot. I walked out the kitchen and headed down the halls. I picked my head into our room and spoke, “Chris, the food is ready,” my timid voice echoed as I got a grunt in return. I rolled my eyes and walked back into the kitchen as the smell of coffee flowed through my nostrils. I picked up a clean mug from the dish rack and pour the hot substances into the cup. I brought the liquid towards my lips as I heard heavy footsteps trotting through the household. A loud yawn made its presences as I looked up to see Chris standing there with his boxers loosely off his narrow hips. His muscles flexed making his veins pop as he scratched his bare chest.

“Morning,” I said quietly as he ignored me completely. I sighed and stayed quiet as Chris grabbed a cup of orange juice and chugged it down as he plopped his muscular figure into a seat. I nibbled on my bottom lip as I continued drinking my coffee. My eyes flickered as Chris basically vacuumed his food down his throat. I wanted to vomit, but I kept it in. I finished my last sip as I pushed my seat back and my heels clicked into the tiled floor when I placed my cup into the sink. I stood there for awhile, when I heard Chris’s chair push back and he walked over towards the sink as he threw it in there and left the kitchen, but first without grabbing a handful of my ass and whispered in my ear, “Thanks for last night, bitch…Oh, and don’t tell any of your pussy ass friends about this, Alright,”

I nodded my head as he smirked against my neck, “Good, well…don’t bother waiting for me tonight, because this bitch I met with huge ass tits is meeting me at her place. So, I’m going to need your credit card,”

“I—its in my purse, where you left it,” I stuttered out as he chuckled sardonically. “That’s a good girl, now this is our little secret. No one needs to know right?”

“Right,”

“Good, see you later. Sweetie,” he laughed kissing my head roughly, smacking my ass as he left me to wallow in my self pity
♠ ♠ ♠
.....Douche.

Head over to the comment box and tell me what you think??
I'd appreciate them.