Status: Slowly Active.

Affliction

003.

“A shot of Jack and tequilas, right here and that will be 5.50, Hun”

The young man pulled out a ten dollar bill and placed it on the chestnut counter. “Keep the change,” he winked taking the tray and sauntering away.

“Thanks,” I replied chalking up a smile as he was walked away. “Ugh, what a loser,” I retorted rolling my eyes.

“Haha, tell me about it,”

I turned my head to see my best friend, Myesha, with a batch of shots on a tray as she started passing them to the customers.

“That was the fifth guy in a row,” I murmured wiping down the counter as Myesha kept laughing, “Well Erynn, if you keep complaining why don’t you turn lesbian,” she giggled as I rolled my light eyes.

“What? Who’s turning lesbian?”

Myesha and I turned our heads to see our other friend, Princess, with a questioned look. “Nobody’s turning lesbian, Princess. I was just joking around with Erynn, here,” Myesha replied slinging her arm around my shoulder.

“Oh, I was about to say. Chris isn’t pleasuring you right,” she joked. Myesha and Princess started laughing as I chuckled nervously.

“Yeah, he sure isn’t,”

Bartender!

We all looked down the bar to see a slightly older man waving his hand, “And that will be me,” Princess chuckled adjusting her tank to show more cleavage.

“Princess, what are you doing?” I asked befuddled by my friend’s actions. Princess turned to me and gave me a dumb look, “What does it look like I’m doing, Erynn. I’m working on a tip,” she chuckled pushing up her boobs and sashayed towards the man.

….Myesha and I rolled our eyes.

“She is your friend,” I replied attending another customer as Myesha started pouring new shots into the glass.

“Well, its kind of a have too, considering she is dating Johnny and I’m dating Brian,”

“Ouch, I felt that,” I teased touching my heart as we started laughing at Princess’ absent expense.

Myesha stopped laughing suddenly when she furrowed her eyebrows, “Erynn, what happened to your lip?”

I froze in my spot as she continued staring at my face, “Oh that,” I touched my bottom lip, “Haha..funniest thing happened. I accidently bumped into the door this morning, ya know clumsy me,” I laughed for an effect as Myesha kept staring at me.

“Uh huh,” she said nodding her head, not quite believing me. I bit my bottom lip as I watched Myesha tap in something into the cash register. I sighed and kept looking at her, just wishing what was going inside her mind. I let out a breath and glanced at the clock to see it was nearing 5:30pm.

“Did Val call you about the party, next weekend,” Myesha spoke finishing with the cash register and looking up at me. “Yeah, she actually threatened me to see if I was going,”

Myesha laughed, “That’s Val for you,”

“I know you got to love her,” I replied walking over the counter to pick up the empty glasses, “Is Chris going?”

I tensed slightly as I shrugged my shoulders, “Honestly, I don’t know,”

In pure truth, Chris did not let me go anywhere with the gang. Even if we did, he’d keep me on a short leash making a fake appearance as a happy couple we were, which we wasn’t. I knew the guys got suspicious when I’ve declined so many invites in the last few months, but I could bear to tell them what’s really going on. I was truly scared and what was worse is…

Chris could kill me.

So many thoughts were rushing through my head, that I did not even notice Myesha and Princess, who had now returned waving their hands in my face, “Youuuuu whooo, Earth to Erynn,”

I snapped out of my plaguing thoughts, “Uh? What?”

Myesha and Princess looked at each other, “Are you okay, hun?”

“Oh yeah! Of course I’m okay,” I answered brushing a piece of my hair back behind my ear, “Are you sure?” Princess asked as I nodded my head again. “Yeah, I’m good, P. So, what were you girls saying?”

They smirked at each other, “Oh, we were just saying a certain guy, whose name starts with Z and ends with a K is going to be there of course,”

I rolled my eyes and started attending new customer, “Well, sadly that guy with a Z and ends with K already has a girlfriend that begins with a G and ends with a A,” I scowled slightly at the distaste of just thinking of that name.

“Who just so happens to be a cuntface,” Myesha retorted quickly as Princess made an “Ooo sound. I laughed slightly and shook my head, “And people say you’re nicer than me,”

“Hey, I am nice. Just not with Brian,” she said coyly twisting her curls in her hand. “Eww,” Princess gagged as she made a disgusted face.

“Ya know, there are things better left unsaid,” I replied thanking the customers for their tips and pushing it in my bra.

…..Don’t question me.

“Well, I’m just saying,” Myesha huffed wallowing away to attend more orders. Princess and I shook our hands as I glanced down at my wristwatch, “Ugh, I got to go pick up Armani now,” I breathed out as started heading towards the back.

“Want me to cover for you, love,” Princess exclaimed as I came bustling out of back with my work shirt in hand and a Pantera shirt, instead.

“I’d really appreciate that, P,” I practically begged as I jogged towards her and gave her a peck on the cheek.

“See you next weekend, chica,” she grinned smacking my ass as some nearby guys started choking on their drinks, “Oh behave,” I said mocking Austin Power’s voice.

Princess laughed loudly and shook her head as I waved bye to Myesha. I noticed Johnny, the owner in the front catching a smoke as I smiled kindly at him, “Have a good night, Johnny,”

The elder man smiled, “You too, Erynn. On your way to pick up the munchkin,”

“Yes sir,” I chuckle waving bye as he put out his cigarette and walked back into his bar. The cool Huntington breezed through my wavy locks as I tightened my jacket closer to my body. I hitched my purse higher on my shoulder as I dug through my purse and fished out my keys. My fingers brushed against the metallic item as I pulled it out and pressed the automatic lock. My vehicle beeped as I quickened my step and hopped inside my car. I placed my purse on the passenger seat and stuck my key into the ignition as soon as the car roared to life. Adam Gontier’s voice immediately shouted through my ears as Three Days Grace’s The Good Life erupted from my system. I pulled my hands down and turned down the volume.

“Damn, I’m going to make myself deaf one of these days,” I mumbled and took my car out of park and drove out of the reserved area for Johnny’s bar. I started heading towards the less crowded street, which was least packed during the night. I suddenly found myself bobbing my head and drumming my fingers against the steering wheel as Killswitch Engage’s My Curse started playing. I turnt up the volume slightly as the light went green. I sang the song softly to myself as I continued, bobbing my head until my stomach started rumbling.

“I guess I should pick something up,” I said to myself as my eyes started scanning for a close fast food place. Upon my search, I found a In n Out I drove towards the driveway and placed an order, which was a cheeseburger double with a vanilla shake. The total came up to 6.50 and I drove up towards the window, since the line wasn’t long.

I got up to the window and there was a teenaged boy, no older than 19 whom had a lip ring and gages. I smiled widely at me as he gave me an flirtatious smile, “That would be 6.50, ma’am,” he grinned as I reached over and gave him a ten dollar bill. The boy seemed flustered by my action and smirked, that Synsyter Gates smirk.

…Oh brother.

I sighed and took the change he gave me and drove up towards the next window. I was about to put the money inside my purse when I noticed a piece of paper attached to it. My eyes gazed down to read…

Daniel

(909) 812-9876.

Call me. ;)
.

“Yeah, and that would most likely be a. Not!” I murmured crumbling the paper and tossing it out the window as I kindly took my food from a woman about my age and placed it on the passenger seat. I drove off silently as I took my milkshake and started drinking it. The yummy sensation slipped down my throat as I don’t remember the last time, I ever had anything good in life.

…I wish my life was like a milkshake. If that made any sense, possible.

I continued sipping away on my drink as I would my fries, every once in awhile. I did not know how long I was driving, but I found myself on a familiar street and I drove down the path. All of the house lights were out except the street ones and the man, I came to know as…Zack Baker.

A dreamy sigh passed my lips, but I suddenly shook my head from those dangerous thoughts as I placed my shake in the cup holder. I took my keys out of the ignition and got out of the car, closing the door with my hip. I locked the door with my automatic lock and it beeped. My heels began clicking against the pathway as my eyes noticed an atrocious bright red Porsche sitting in the driveway besides a dark blue BMW. I rolled my eyes and knew that tacky car belonged to a tacky person, Gena Paulhus.

…I just shudder from that name kind of reminds me of Voldemort.

I merely shrugged my shoulders and continued making my way towards the enormous house as I was now on the porch. I raised my hand and pressed the doorbell as I stood back with my hands on my hips and stared out the street. Moments passed and I heard loud barking as I started to smile widely. The door started to open and I was expecting to see the handsome face of Zack, sadly my hopes deflated when the blue-eyed demon opened the door.

…Silence stretched on.

….We were gazing into each other’s eyes.

…I thought I heard Michael Jackson’s Beat it in the background.

“Hi,” Gena said stiffly with afake smile. “Hey Gena,” I replied even though I felt myself internal vomit inside.

I felt her eyes burning me as she opened the door wider and let me inside the abode. I stood off to the side as she closed the door. Gena turned towards me and just looked at me, “So, where is Armani?”

“In there living room with Zack,”

I nodded my head and she sauntered through the foyer. I wanted to trip her!

I hid my evil thoughts to myself as I followed the blond into the living room, where I found Zack sitting on the couch and Armani on her stomach, coloring while watching Yo Gabba Gabba.

Ichabod sensed my presence and barked happily at me. I patted his head as Zack noticed me too. He gave me his famous half smiles as I blushed slightly. He nodded his head towards Armani as I smirked and held up my finger towards my lips. I slowly crawled into the living room as I masked the pain my ribs were causing me as I bandaged them that morning. I breathed out slowly as I carefully lay on my stomach and mocked my daughter’s action. I kicked my heels up and propped myself on my elbows and placed my chin on my palm.

“So, what are we watching?” I asked quietly as I stared at the weird show with a man dressed in spandex, dancing around.

“Yo Gabba Gabba! Only the best show ever, mommy,” Armani stated smartly in a five year old tone as she went back to coloring.

“Oh, I’m sorry I did not know that,”

“It’s okay, mommy,”

It got quiet for a second, before Armani realized it was me and snapped her dark curly hair up. “Mommy,”

“Armani,” I mocked as Zack began laughing as Gena sat beside him with a small smile on her tanned face.

“You don’t do that, mommy! You could have give me an heartattrach,”

I raised my eyebrow, “A heartattach?”

“Yes!”

I pouted slightly, “I’m sorry, babe,” I sniffled. Armani giggled showing her small teeth as she shook her pigtails, “its okay, mommy,” she gave me a huge smooch on thegood cheek and hugged me around the neck. I kissed her forehead and pulled back, “So, what did you and your dad do today?”

“Oh, we went to Auntie Valwry and Mattchew house to play with Bella, and then we went to the park with Uncle Jwnny and we chased after stallion ducks, and we..,”

I stared at my daughter as she continued talking about her day and I knew she could be a motor mouth…A lot.

I glanced up to see Zacky smiling as he stood up from the couch and headed into the kitchen. My eyes subconsciously could not help, but his ass.

….Hey, I’m only human.

I stood up from my position as Armani noticed and abruptly stopped talking and continued watching tv. I was making my way into the kitchen and when I did I caught Gena’s unwavering glare. I returned the stare and did not get this whole attitude towards me.

…I didn’t start it.

I chose to ignore her and strolled into the kitchen, where Zack stood leaning against the island counter with a beer in front of him. Zack glanced up and smiled, “Hey,”

“Hey,”

My heels clicked against the tiled floor and I stood next to him, leaning against the counter, “So, it seems like you and Armani were occupied all day,”

Zacky laughed, “Yeah, it was definitely a tiring day. Even I had to chase after a crazy 28 year old man, who was laughing manically about ducks,”

I chuckled softly and could just picture that insane Jimmy corrupting our daughter, “I think I’ll have to keep an eye on Jimmy next time. By the way, Armani got that motor mouth from your side of the family,” I joked pushing his shoulder.

“Hey!” he laughed licking over his pierced bottom lip. I sighed and gazed into his emerald eyes, until Zack furrowed his eyebrows, “Erynn, your lip is bleeding,”

I froze in my spot as I lifted my hand and touched my lip and looked at my fingertips, which dribbled a little bit of blood, “What the hell happened?” he asked walking over to the refrigerator and grabbing a ice-pack.

“Oh, well I accidentally ran into the wall. Ya know how clumsy I get,” I lied laughing it off as Zack handed me the ice pack.

Zack nodded his head and looked over me, “That’s true, you were a bit of a klutz when we were dating,” he laughed and I gasped, but winced when I put the pressure on my lip.

“Shit, are you okay,”

“Yeah, I’m okay. Even though, I would have let out a smackdown on you for that comment,” I teased as Zacky dismissed my threat, “Oh please,” he laughed as he asked to look at my cut.

I removed the ice-pack and Zack tilted my chin to examine my bruised lip. I saw something flicker in his gorgeous jade eyes, that I felt so naked underneath his intense gaze.

“If you keep putting ice on it, the bruise shall go down,”

I nodded my head slowly as Zack removed his hand as his eyes flickered to my lips and back to my face. My breathing started to get caught in my throat as I stared at his luscious plump lips.

It seemed like time was slowing down and magnetic forces was drawing our faces closer. Our lips were mere inches from each other and all I needed was a push.
…Just a little closer.

But time seem to change, because there was a throat being cleared and we suddenly realized what we were doing as we snapped our heads to see Gena standing in the door entry with a sleepy Armani in her arms.

“I think the munchkin is worn out,” she spoke brushing Armani’s hair back as she sleeping in her arms.

“Yeah, I think it’s time for us to go now,” I sighed as I caught Zack’s burning gaze. I gave him back the ice-pack and thanked him as I walked over towards Gena and took Armani out of her arms.

I gave her a tight smile and walked out of the kitchen as I said goodbye to Ichabod. I grabbed my purse and strolled through the foyer towards the door, where an eager Gena held the door open. I mumbled curses under my breath as I walked out the door and started making my way towards the car, but I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around slightly to see Zacky jogging towards.

“Zack, what are you doing?”

“Walking you to your car, what kind of guy would I be,” he smiled as I blushed slightly. I unlocked my car and Zacky took Armani out of my arms and settled her in the car seat. He buckled her seatbelt and she fell asleep with her plush pony, he bought her. I put her backpack beside her as Zack shut the down and pushed his hands into his short pockets.

“So, I’ll see you same time like always, maybe even at the party next weekend,”

I nodded slowly knowing I’m going to have to convince Chris on letting me go, “Definitely,”

Zack smiled and took his hands out of his pockets, “Bye Erynn,”

“Bye Zacky,” I said with a sigh as he embraced me in a hug and I could feel him inhaling my perfume. We pulled away and he softly pat Armani’s car window as he jogged back to his house. I tried to breathe as I finally came to my senses and hopped inside my car. I started to take deep breaths as I felt tears streaming down my face. I placed my head against the wheel and tried to calm down.

All I wished was to call someone my own. And the man, I was pathetically still in love with had his own. I sniffled softly as I knew there was one person; I had to be strong for.

I turned around and looked at the sleeping toddler in the backseat as I started smiling softly, because she was the only one keeping me alive from that monster.

Armani Baker, you are your mother’s savior.
♠ ♠ ♠
..A little Zacky action. :D
Mmm...I smell or see trouble coming!

Anyways, tell if you like this chapter or does it suck like Megan Fox's acting career! (jkish) LMAO
Comments, Readers, Subscribers, Anything. My heart will surely endure them<3

Warped Tour Friday! Totally going to see Whitechapel, Parkway Drive, and After Midnight Project.