Status: Active!

He's Definitely Not Padington Bear

.Prologue.

Image

Carmella stood on the terrace, watching with a smile as her two favorite people played in the back yard.

Her husband, who was currently in his leopard form, chased their son around the yard. The little tiger cub was just now learning how to use his small legs.

Carmella couldn’t help but to think about how much her life has changed in just a few years.

She never thought she could be so happy, not after losing everyone in her family, being captured by collectors, and then killing her brother just before she submitted to the peace of death.

Thank God she chose to live.

Smiling when Adrian snatched the tiny tiger up Carmella sighed with happiness.

Who knew her life could be so complete with just these two men?

They were defiantly the loves of her life.

“Ah, Carmella, how are you today?”

Turning around at the voice Carmella’s smile grew bigger, “Hey dad, I’m really good. How do you feel?”

Her father-in-law smiled, “Oh, about as good as any old man could be.”

Together they watched father and son play.

“He’s growing up so fast.”

Carmella nodded, “I know, he’s already a year old.”

“I would like to take him to the park today, if that’s okay?”

Carmella laughed, “Of course it’s okay. Tyler loves his trips with grandpa.”

~*~

Landers laughed as his grandson slid down the park’s slide. Lifting the boy up into the air Landers spun in a quick circle, forcing gleeful giggles to explode from the child.

Tyler’s baby blue eyes smiled at his grandfather as the wind played with his golden hair.

Laughing with his grandson Launders set Tyler down, following the child to the swings.

“Do you need a push?”

The little boy vigorously shook his head, climbing onto the seat. Landers waited patiently as Tyler’s legs pumped back and forth furiously, but because he couldn’t reach the ground the seat only rocked a few inches each way.

“Papaw push!”

Landers laughed and gently moved the swing so that Tyler wouldn’t fall.

Already the little boy commanded those he knew.

What a leader he would grow into!

Feeling a pride that only a grandfather knew Landers continued to push Tyler’s swing.

“Higher Papaw!”

To the pleaser of his grandson, Landers pushed a little harder, allowing the swing to gain a few inches of height.

It was a beautiful day for a trip to the park. The blue sky had a few plump clouds that would occasionally shade the sun’s light. There was a slight breeze that helped to cool the temperature into a nicely cool day.

“Look Papaw!”

Glancing in the direction that Tyler’s skinny arm pointed Landers watched as a few men dressed in all black crept through the bushes.

“I wanna play!”

“I don’t think they’re playing, Tyler.”

The boy frowned as Landers pulled the swing to a stop, “But I wanna play hide and seek!”

“Not now, Tyler. It’s time to go home.”

Landers reached down and grabbed his grandson’s hand. Together they started to walk back through the park.

But that was until a darkly clothed figure stepped in their path.

“Hello, Landers.”

The voice sounded familiar, but with the dark bandana around the man’s face Landers couldn’t place him.

“Hello,” Landers said back, quickly walking around the man.

“Not so fast, old man.”

Landers pulled Tyler to a halt again as more people jumped out, every one of them in the same outfit.

The man from before walked around to stand in front of Landers, “How rude, not to ask me how my day was.”

“I’m sorry,” Landers muttered as he lifted his grandson into his arms, “but I’m in a bit of a hurry.”

The man tsked, “That’s a shame. Well, we won’t take up any more of your time.”

Moving quickly the man jumped forward, pulling Tyler away.

“No! Give me my grandson back!”

The man laughed, holding a crying Tyler, “I’m sorry, but no can do.”

The man walked away with the child as Landers tried to fight the remaining six men, but there was only so much an old man can do against six younger men.

One of the men sent a blow to Landers’ head, knocking the grandfather unconscious.

The last thing Landers heard before his world went black was his grandson crying.

“Papaw!”

~*~

Landers sat on the couch, his head in his hands.

“What do you mean you can’t find him?!” Adrian screamed at the officer as they were gathered in the front room.

“I’m sorry my Lord, but the trail has gone cold.”

Adrian roared out his fury and pain, tears falling down his face.

Carmella watched from the corner of the room, her arms wrapped tightly around herself.

How could they just take her baby?

Why didn’t anyone stop them?

Looking at the man who became her father when she married Adrian Carmella felt her pain expand.

Who would attack an eighty-three year old man while he had his grandson?

Walking over to the couch Carmella knelt in front of Landers.

“Dad?”

“I’m so sorry. It’s all my fault, I’m so sorry.”

The man kept mumbling the same thing over and over again, never lifting his head.

Feeling more tears fall from her eyes Carmella gathered him into her arms, “It’s not your fault. What could you have done?”

She held onto the shaking man for a few more minutes, Adrian’s pain-filled roar causing her to look up.

Standing up Carmella walked to the man she loved.

“How could they just take him away from us?” he asked, his voice full of misery.

“We’ll find him. I swear we’ll get our son back.”

Carmella stepped into Adrian’s arms holding onto him tightly.

Just like she wanted to do to her son.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because this chapter is part of a contest the words are: 973 pages:10

Here are the bigger picture of the characters:

Lixue- imagine this girl with a little Asian descent, her eye color matches her leopard's (light blue around the pupil, gold around the edge)

Image

Lixue's Leopard-

Image

Thanos-

Image

Thanos' bear-

Image

Tyler-

Image

Tyler's tiger (I didn't notice this before, but Tyler and his tiger's eyes are exactly the same in the pictures, lol)-

Image