Status: Active!

He's Definitely Not Padington Bear

.Two.

Image

The next day, before my owner opened us up for viewing, I watched as he walked toward my cage.

His bald head shone in the fluorescent lights, his stubby body waddled with each step, and his black eyes swirled with madness.

At least from my point of view.

He smiled, showing off his rotten teeth, “Hello, there. You will be leaving for your new home in a few days so I thought I’d just bring in one of our newest family members.”

Lifting the small travel cage in his hand he studied me, “Now you’ll be a good girl right? Do I need to paralyze you while I open the cage?”

I narrowed my eyes; he was referring to the collar that was wrapped tight around my neck. Made of pure silver the collar forced the wearer to remain in either their animal or human form, whichever they were in when the collar was put on.

The collars came with a remote, which allows the remote holder complete control of the collar wearer.

So, instead of hissing at him I decided to just lay curled in the farthest corner away from him.

“Good girl.”

I followed his movements as he opened my cage. Lifting the travel carrier he spilled a small stripped fuzz ball into my cage.

Shutting and locking my cage he walked away, leaving me with the little ball.

Studying the fuzz I realized he just put a tiger cub into my cage.

My God, he’s so small his eyes are still a baby blue.

I watched as the little cub shivered, sending out small whimpering cries for his mother.

Knowing just how scared he must be and what torture he had to have gone through to change into his animal form so soon I chuffed to him, the noise vibrating through my throat.

Immediately the cub looked at me, pain and confusion in his eyes. Chuffing again I lift my tail.

The little cub ran over to me, burrowing into my warm body. Settling my tail around him to protect him I crouch into a protective stance.

There’s no way this cub is going through what I had to.

~*~

Thanos sat at his desk. His office was cluttered with files and papers, the tiny building barely able to hold all his stuff.

Still, even though his office was small, his PI business was blooming.

Just this week he’d had four people wanting his help.

And now, when he was completely booked, the one man he owed his life to needed his help.

Thanos studied Jakal. Marriage suited his old military friend.

The harsh lines were gone, along with the death that surrounded him.

But Thanos could still feel the deadly strength in his friend.

The two men stared at each other for a while until Jakal spoke.

“I need that favor you own me.”

Thanos sighed, “You sure didn’t pick the week to call in that favor.”

Jakal shock his head, “I wish I didn’t have to do this, but it’s important.”

Thanos nodded, “Alright, I’ll do it.”

Jakal raised an eyebrow, “Just like that?”

“Did you hesitate when you pulled me out of an enemy camp?”

Jakal sighed, “No, but I’m afraid this one’s going to be more dangerous than that camp.”

Thanos remained silent as Jakal thought about what to say.

Choosing to just be blunt instead of running the whole situation out Jakal stared into Thanos’ eyes, “My nephew’s been missing for three days and there’s been no ransom note.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So... what do you think?