Status: Active!

He's Definitely Not Padington Bear

.Six.

Image

Image
Thank you Smurf! I love it!

Thanos growled again when he saw the leopard disappear from the town and into the forest that surrounded it.

Feeling his bear rage growing, and the muscles between his shoulder blades tense and rise, Thanos pushed himself away from the mangled SUV.

Ignoring his pain Thanos ran after her, using his superior scenting skills to track her down.

This is going to end now.

~*~

My breaths puffed out around the little cub as I continued to run, dodging trees and other flora, through the forest.

Panting hard, I stop to rest and catch my breath.

After being trapped in that small cage for too many years my body isn’t used to so much running and activity.

It’s a wonder I’m not lame or anything like that.

Setting the cub down, I flop onto the ground beside him.

He wandered around a little bit, but I made sure to keep him in my sights.

Though, to b e honest, I think he’s had a bit too much adventure to actually go running off.

Sighing, I look at the forest around me. Everything was so different, but yet the trees and olant life comforted me.

As if they welcomed me home.

It was almost like they were talking to me… or yelling?

Was that thunder?

Why is the ground shaking…

Before I could process what was happening, the large bear that was chasing me before charged through trees and skidded to a stop.

Which happened to place him between me and the little cub.

Which is something I will not allow.

Ignoring his furious roars I bunch my muscles and leap over his head, onto his back, and then back to the ground, this time behind the pissed off bear.

Without missing a beat I lean down, gather up the cub, then run off into the trees.

Well, at least that was the plan.

Instead, just as I was going to head into the forest, the bear turned and swiped a large paw at my legs, tripping me.

The force of my face slamming into the ground caused me to let go of the cub, not to mention cringe at the pain.

Almost immediately I felt my body rise into the air and hang there, dangling over the ground.

Looking over I stared right into the face of the bear, then cringed again as he roared right in my face.

Then I was shocked as he, almost gently, place me back on the ground.

Stumbling a little I step back, then tense as the bear turned into the man.

He stood glaring at me, a small bag wrapped around his arm.

“Just, stand still, will you? I’m a friend.”

His deep voice was oddly soothing and as I watched him untangle the bag from his arm I came to a revelation.

I felt safe around him.

And that I don’t like, because it’s always the ones you feel comfortable and safe with who’ll betray you.

So, as he pulled on a pair of pants, I waited to see just how much of a ‘friend’ he really is.

I’ve learned it’s good to wait and be cautious instead of rush and be stupid.

Stupid always equals dead.

After putting on his pants he reached back into the bag, “I don’t want to hurt you or Tyler. His parents sent me to rescue him.”

My eyes narrowed as he pulled out a blue blanket from his bag. The fabric was well loved and even sported a few stains.

I wouldn’t have given the blanket a second thought, but when the little cub rushed over to the guy my body tensed even more.

Snarling I watch as the guy knelt on the ground and gave the cub the blanket. As the little tiger rolled around on it he stepped back, “See, I just want to take him home.”

I looked from the man to Tyler, then back again.

Should I really trust him to help?

Just as I was about to relax, t he man made a move for tiger’s neck.

Hissing and roaring my fury I rush to the cub, snapping away the man’s hands.

“Whoa, it’s okay. I was just going to remove his collar,” he held his hands up and away from his body.

I snarled again, the hair rising on my back and tail as I crouched over the cub.

“It’s okay, really. Here,” he slowly moved his hand toward me, “why don’t I remove your collar first, that way you can see that I won’t hurt either of you.”

Staring at him as he slowly reaches around my head, I wait.

If he makes so much as a wrong twitch, I’ll rip his entire arm off.

His fingers buried into the hair on my neck, which was oddly calming, and wrap around the thin metal collar.

Then, with one good tug, the collar snapped and fell to the floor.

Followed quickly by me.

~*~

Thanos jumped forward to catch the seizing leopard, just managing to stop her from hitting the floor.

He held her, eyes opened wide, as she painfully changed from a leopard to a woman.

The cub, who had forgotten his blanket the moment the leopard collapsed, whined and rubbed against her hand.

But Thanos didn’t notice, he was too focused on her face.

She had long, curly white hair with some dark places that resembled the rosettes on her leopard. He face was almost perfectly aligned; with strong brows arching over what he assumed would be large expression filled eyes.

He was momentarily shocked at how beautiful she was, but when her eyes fluttered open he was stunned.

Too stunned to even stop her from launching herself at him.

She threw him back, straddling him as she snarled, her cat even now coming to her rescue.

But all he saw were her eyes, so like her cat’s.

Blue, outlined in gold.

She hissed again, pulling him out of his shock.

And that’s when he saw the rest of her.

“Uh… hmmm

Thanos quickly pushed her off and grabbed his bag, throwing her the shirt inside, “Here, put this on.”

When she just looked at the shirt, confused, Thanos sighed and grabbed it back, thrusting it over her head, and praying that she didn’t take his hand off in the process, “How long have you been in that place that you don’t know how to put on a shirt?”

Quickly putting her arms in the proper holes Thanos sat back before her growls could turn into bites.

At least the shirt covered her almost to her knees.

“There, that’s better.”

She just sat there, staring at her hands and legs in wonder.

Thanos frowned, “What’s your name?”

When she looked up, he was again momentarily stunned at the look in her eyes.

Wonder, pain, and hope all filled her gorgeous eyes.

But at his question she frowned, so he repeated himself, this time a little slower, “What is your name?”

It took her a few tries, and when she finally did say something it was rough, as if her voice hadn’t been used for years, “L-Lixue.”

Thanos smiled, “Hello Lixue, I’m Thanos.”

He held his hand out, but jerked it back as she snarled, and watched, fascinated, as the dark spots in her hair expanded.

He’ll have to look out for that whenever she’s pissed.

“It’s okay, I’m not going to hurt you.”

She seemed to calm down a little, the jumped again as the little tiger rubbed against her leg.

Thanos watched as she slowly reached out and grabbed the cub, holding him against her chest.

“Is it okay if I remove his collar now?”

Her eyes met his over the cub and Thanos watched as she gave a barely-there nod.

He slowly moved forward, sitting in front of her he reached out and grabbed the young cub’s collar.

And just like with Lixue, once the collar was off the cub shifted.

And Thanos watched Lixue as she witnessed the cub’s change for the first time, sympathy and worry filling her eyes.

Her eyes really were the windows to her soul.

Once Tyler was shifted Thanos reached over and wrapped the boy’s blanket around him, his little eyes already closing from exhaustion.

When Thanos sat back Lixue relaxed a little more, slowly rocking the child in her arms.

“I need to take him home.”

Her eyes flashed fury as she backed away a little, her body tensing again.

Thanos sighed, “Okay, we need to take her home.”

And that’s when she tried to run off again, but once she got her feet under her they crumbled, unused to the movement.

Thanos rushed forward and caught her before she could fall; making sure both her and the sleeping boy didn’t get hurt.

And as she shook with fatigue and shock, Thanos whispered against her hair, “It’s time to go home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter!

It was slow at the begining, but once I got to the forest scene it just picked up!

& don't worry, she's not giving up yet, lol

& I absoluetly love the banner!

Thank you Smurf! You're the absoluete best for putting up with me!