Everything I'm Not

He Loves Me?

“Dakota, please come back, we miss you,” Jack whined from the phone a week later.

“Everyone?” I scoffed, pacing around my parent’s living room.

“Yes, Zack’s been a mess. He can’t play anything but a straight bass line and even that’s really hard for him. Something’s wrong with him and I want you to fix it,” Jack sighed.

“Is that Katie?” I heard someone’s voice. It sounded like Zack’s but I couldn’t be sure.

“No, just my mom,” Jack replied.

“Oh, well if she calls tell her I miss her?”

“Okay,” he replied.

“And that I love her?” Oh my God.

“I say the same thing every time you ask. Of course,” Jack replied. That did it. My own fucking brother doesn’t tell me the guy I’m in love with loves me? He is so fucking dead.

“Look, can I call you later tonight?” I immediately ran to my room to start packing my stuff.

“Uh, yeah, sure,” Jack sounded confused. I hung up and called a cab to pick me up and threw all my stuff in a bag, before leaving a note for my parents.

I anxiously waited on the plane for the all clear to leave. I jumped out of my seat and grabbed my carry on and made my way to the door once she said we could leave. I got my luggage and waited outside for a taxi.

“Uh, Radford Pavilion,” I said, wishing the driver would hurry up. As soon as we got there, I paid the driver and ran to the entrance, cursing when I remembered I didn’t have a ticket. I pulled out my cell phone but to my dismay it had no battery. FUCK!

“Dakota?” I turned around and immediately ran into the arms of the one person I told myself I never wanted to see again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I think I kinda know where this is going, but I kinda don't. So, bear with me! I love all my readers, you are all amazing!

As always, comments would be loverly :)