Pain of Death

Disturbing

"We got the message you sent. We'd always help an Untouched. What did ya want?" Lacey filled his amber eyes witha blank look. "What message?" The men didnt buy it. The leader grabbed his arm and yanked him up. "'What message?' he says. Ha! You're under some terrible pressure, mate. About a girl I believe. And I also believe you've over stepped some lines." Lacey growled. Another man leaned over and jerked Ryan out of the bushes. The one holding onto his arm pulled him up, dumping his history book unceremoniously onto the ground. He grimaced when the man's calloused hand brushed his cuts. "Let her go." The men laughed. "Well, we're gonna be generous and give you one last chance. But if you screw this up..."he chuckled at his own joke. "It's to the Grim with you." One man drew a line across his throat with his finger. They pushed Ryan into him and she whimpered, clearly terrified. He pulled her onto his lap. She felt his tongue on her bottom lip and she let it in. The men screamed in anger. Lacey smiled. The Necromancers left and Lacey pulled away, letting Ryan twirl his hair with her fingers. "I can't do it. Sorry. You'll get in trouble. I'm not risking it."