The FF Fever

Michael

"Michael you're dancing like a beautiful dance whore..."

-What?

-Nothing. It's a song.

-Never heard of it.

-You should. It's a great song.

-Maybe I will.

Keep working, Mike. I'm just staying here, watching you. So concentrated. You look beautiful, you know? I wonder if you have ever noticed this. I sincerely doubt it. You're in another planet when you're working on music. Having all the credits as a producer is more than fair. All of us are just doing what you want us to do, and the rest of the time, we're doing something else. Like Chester, in example. I wonder if you know he is masturbating in the bathroom. Or Brad, always on the phone, talking to god knows who. Or Joe and Phoenix, always fighting over meaningless things, like which one of them have the biggest dick. They should just take their pants off and show it. However, I'm not interested on it. I can stay all day here, pretending that I'm reading this magazine, when actually I'm looking at you over it. Yup, I doubt you've ever noticed this. You wouldnt be licking that lollypop like that if you did. There is a song for this... Which was it? I'm sure there is a song...

"Tongue... your tongue.. I watch your tongue licking on..."

-I'll pretend that I didn't heard that, Rob.

Holy shit. Did I sing that out loud? Someone tell me I didn't.

-It's a song, Mike.

-Right.

And then, you smile and roll your eyes. I could have an orgasm everytime you do that. Will you ever realize that I'm dying over here? How I wish just throw you on the floor and rape you. I would, if only I could see any signal of interest on me from you. Interest, like interest, not only friendly interest, as always. See? Here comes Chester, and he is sitting next to me. Yeah, he was masturbating. I can see it in the way he rests his head back and sighs.

-Hey Rob, what are you reading?

-Don't touch me! Did you wash your hands?

-I did... Wait, how do you...?

-I know you.

Yes, I know him enough to know what he was doing. But the worst part is, he knows me enough to know what I'm doing sitting here. I know he dad caught me looking at you many times, but he would never put me in evidence... Right? Why is he looking at me? Why is he laughing like that? Oh God, you're gonna notice...

-Stop it, Chester.

-What?

-You know what.

-I'm not doing anything, Rob.

-Of course you are. You're laughing.

-I can't laugh now?

-Chester...

-Both of you, shut up!

Me and Chester turn to see you in front of us. I know that face, pretending you're mad when you're not. You never are. Mike Shinoda doesn't know anger in any way.

-You don't get the seriousness of this, Mike.

-I don't care, Chester. Go laugh somewhere else and you, Rob... stay there, doing whatever you were doing.

And you go back to the computer. I wish I had a monitor in my face and a keyborad in my... well, anywhere, so you can pay me that attention. When was the last time you and me had a proper conversation? I think it was before that side-project-we-all-hate-but-we-wouldn't-tell-you of yours. You kind of disappeared because of it. You have any idea how many times I expected a phone call? Of course you don't have any idea. Anyway, I'm not complaining, because I could have called you and I didn't either. Wait, is Chester singing?

"You see him, you can't touch him...
you hear him, you can't hold him...
you want him, you can't have him..."

-That's not exactly what the song says, Chester.

-No, but it could.

-How do you know that song, anyway?

-It's just a song, Rob.

Perfect, now Chester is infected with the Franz Ferdinand fever too.

-You should... talk, Rob.

-About what?

-You know.

-I don't have anything to say. And even if I had, I wouldn't, because... I couldn't...

-You're making perfect sense.

-Shut up.

Please Mike, do something.

-That's it, Chester. I can't work with you making all that noise.

-What about Rob? He is talking too...

-You don't wanna fuck with me, Chester...

-I know someone who would.

-What?

-Nothing.

Holy... fuck. Someone tell me he didn't say that. Oh god, he did. He is just walking out and you... You know what? Chester is right. You don't get the seriousness of this. Maybe I should tell you. What could happen? The worst would be 'Thank you Rob, I'm not interested', but, what if you are? There should be a reason for you to be nicer to me over everyone else, Chester included, which, by the way, is much to say. Why did you stop working? Oh my... Why are you walking? No, don't sit here! Don't...! I told you don't sit here... You have any clue what I feel when you sit next to me? Huh? Don't close your eyes like that... Don't throw your head back like that... Don's sigh like that... I could rape you right now, you know?

-Im tired.

-You work too much, Mike.

-Where is everyone?

-Chester? I don't know. Brad? On the phone. Joe and Phoenix? In the next room, fighting again...

-They should take their pants off, for once.

-That's what I've always said.

Silence. Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?

-Rob?

-Yeah...

-Who sings all that songs you were singing?

-Franz Ferdinand.

-Oh... I only know one song of them, and it's funny because I've had that song in my head all day.

-Oh yeah? Which one?

-Can I sing it?

No, you can't.

-Yes, you can.

Shit. I melt inside when you sing.

-Alright.

And you take a deep breathe and start singing.

"So far away, come on I'll take you far away...
Let's get away, come on let's make a get away..."

Mike Shinoda is singing. Such a beautiful scene. And no one else is here, he is singing just for me. Oh-oh. Insert rewind noises here. He is singing... JUST FOR ME?

-Rob?

-Yes?

-Could you... lock the door?

~*~*~*~

Songs by Franz Ferdinand

-Michael
-Well That Was Easy
-Auf Acshe
-Fade Together