My Desperate Endeavor To Find My Whoever.

Was It Worth It?

I woke up in a better mood then usual, at about nine in the morning. I slept fairly well, all things considered. I rubbed my eyes, and got up.

My stomach growled and I went to go make myself a bowl of cereal, rice crispies to be exact, which was my favorite cereal. I noticed that Meghan was at the table already, eating something of her own.

She smiled at me as I got myself something and sat across from her. I noted that she was eating cinnamon toast crunch. We ate silently, until Matt came over.

"Get dressed." Matt ordered us as he walked in the room, eyes glued to his phone.

"Wait, why?" Meghan asked him, putting her now empty bowl in the sink. I sent him a puzzled look.

"Because we're going swimming, and you guys are gonna meet my girlfriend." He said smiling. He seemed to have brightened up, once he mentioned his girlfriend. That made me internally smile.

Swimming? Those words might have just possibly made my day. I grinned widely.

Meghan and I went to go get dressed, and then we were off. All of us piling into some rental car.

The ride to the pool was not very long, we seemed to get there in no time.

We were standing around waiting for Matt to get back with his girlfriend. Meghan and I talking about different things.

Not to long after he left, he was back in the room.

"Guys, meet Maddie." Matt told us, an arm around a breathtakingly beautiful girl. She was about his height, brown haired and was beautiful in such a way, that seemed as though she didn't have to try to be. She had an air to her that seemed like she was extremely nice.

She smiled at us timidly, and waved. I smiled back

The rest of the guys kind of shuffled away after a few moments, leaving me and Meghan with Maddie.

We kind of just stood there, not really knowing how to start a good conversation.

I attempted to break the ice, but sadly I fail at that sometimes.

"So...I don't really know what to say..." I said a little awkwardly, as I laughed at my feeble attempt.

Maddie laughed. "Me either." She paused a moment. "Uh...well how about you guys tell me about yourselves and I'll tell you about me?"

"I think that's a perfect idea." Meghan said, smiling, causing us to smile as well.

*An hour and lots of smiles later.*

Within an hour, we were all talking a like we had been friends forever. That awkwardness seeming to have faded away just like that. Maddie was the type of girl that you could easily become friends with. She was really nice, and easy to talk to.

I was content with quietly listening to how they were talking about their boyfriends, and how they met them, and all that jazz, but suddenly I was pulled into the conversation.

Though it was definitely against my will, they brought me into it.

"So how about you, Andrea? Do you have a special guy in your life?" Maddie said, winking in my direction.

"Err...No." I said laughing at how funny she looked when she did that.

"But you have your eye one someone?" She asked smirking now.

I looked at Meghan who was wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I rolled my eyes at her and laughed. "No..." My thoughts traveled to Alex somehow and obviously I blushed. I turned my head slightly, but Maddie had already seen.

"You so do!" Maddie said, pointing her finger at me, as she laughed, "Do you mind telling me; Who is it?"

"Uh..." I found myself laughing as well, "Alex..."

"That's so cute!"

And just as the blush was going away, it came back.

A confused look crossed her face. "I have another question; Why don't you tell him?"

"Well...because he likes Lisa...And we're just friends."

Maddie was quick to reply. "But Matt told me that he told Lisa that he 'needed time to think'" She said making the air quotations, "and it's been nearly a month and he hasn't called her. You may call me foolish but i would think that he doesn't like her anymore."

I didn't really know how to reply to that. She had a very good point.

Meghan was staring at me with a triumphant expression.

"But-" Meghan cut me off.

"Oh come on, Andrea! Just do it! He likes you, it's so obvious!"

Did he like me? Was it worth the risk, to tell him how I felt?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the VERY sucky update. :/ Hmm. i'm going to be skipping through warped a little quickly, though. but trust me next chapter is when shit starts to happen :D haha uhm, yeah.