My Desperate Endeavor To Find My Whoever.

Who I Was Before

“It seems good things
Come to those who wait,
And all the broken pieces
Are falling into place.”


I can’t believe Warped is over. It’s so unreal. I just went, and now, I’m back home.

It’s a little sad to think that I still haven’t told him. More so that I broke my promise.

*Flashback*

Somehow I found myself not as sad as I thought I’d be.

Okay that was a lie. I was ten times worse then I thought I’d be. And I suppose I had my being pregnant to thank for that.

I said my goodbyes to everyone, each of them telling me to promise to keep in touch. Well, with the exception of Maddie who told me she’d personally beat up Lisa if she put one foot out of line. Oh how I love Maddie. She also told me she’d be by to visit, not soon after.

So after all was said and done with everyone else, I moved onto possibly the hardest person to say goodbye to.

I felt my eyes well up with the tears that had been threatening to spill over the entire time I had talked to the others. He opened his arms for a hug, and the second I was in them, tears were streaming down my face.

At least I could talk to everyone else…but Alex…

“Shh. It’s alright.” Alex said, his chin atop my head, and his hand stroking my hair. “We’ll still be friends like always, right? Promise you won’t loose touch. Ever.”

I tensed up ever so slightly. This was unbearable. I had to lie to him, but honestly I didn’t want to.

I merely nodded my head, and after what seemed forever, we separated, and he kissed my forehead.

With that me and Meghan, who came to pick me up, got in her car, and drove away…

*End flashback*

Now, Meghan, Maddie and I, were sitting in my house. It was a week since I had left Warped, and Alex has tried to call me, text me, you name it. But he wasn’t very persistent. I guess he just thought that I was busy or something.

Maddie came to visit, it was actually a surprise to me. I had expected her to wait a little longer, but I was surprised and happy none the less.

We were gossiping like no tomorrow. I was just happy to have them in my life. They meant a lot to me.

“So what happened while I was gone?” Meghan asked, slightly curious.

Maddie and I exchanged a glance.

“Well.” Maddie began, “For starters, Lisa came back.”

She took a huge gulp of Arizona green tea, nearly spewing it everywhere. “You’re kidding!”

I shook my head no. “She asked him to take her back, and apparently, he did.”

“That little bitch.”

“I know.” Maddie said.

“Oh, I wasn’t talking about Lisa, everyone knows she’s one already. I was talking about Alex. He’s so stupid. And naïve.” Meghan said with a laugh. “But aside from that, what else.”

“Well. Nothing for me, really.” Maddie stated. I guess I was too quiet, because they both looked at me.

“Uhh…” I blushed a little.

“What didn’t you tell me?!” Maddie said, her eyebrows raising high.

Meghan was just looking at me like she already knew what I was going to say.

“Well…Remember that party we went to? The day before Lisa showed up?” Maddie nodded, “Well…I kind of got a little drunk and had sex with Alex. Who wants cheesecake?” I said a hurriedly, standing up as I did so.

“You said what now?” Meghan asked wide eyes, pulling me by the shirt, so I would sit again.

“Uhh…Who wants cheesecake?”

“No, before that.”

"The day before Lisa showed up?" I tried.

"No. After that."

“Uhh…I kind of got a little drunk and had sex with Alex.” I blushed again as I said that.

“No fucking way!”

I nodded, “But, there’s something else you should know…”

The both looked at me, clearly wanting to know what I had to say.

“I…I’m…Pregnant? Heh.” I waited for them to say something, anything.

Meghan looked too shocked for words.

“That lying little skank!” Maddie said, bursting with frustration.

“What?” Meghan asked her, coming alive again.

“Fucking Lisa told everyone that she was pregnant, and seriously, there was only one thing I could think of. That there’s no way, am I right?”

I nodded.

“Well, why the fuck didn’t you tell Alex!?” Both of them said in unison.

“I had planned on that!”

“Well why didn’t you?”

“Because…It was a drunken mistake, we’re not even together-”

“But you should be!” Meghan said, butting in.

I gave her the look, and she let me continue.

“And I want to say he doesn’t like me that way, but after that night…Besides, he’s with Lisa.”

“How much do you wanna bet that he’s only with her because of the ‘child’ that we all know is non-existent.” Meghan said.

“I get that. But she actually threatened me.”

“She knows?” Maddie asked incredulously.

“Well, I never /wanted/ her to. But we bumped into each other when she got there, right after I took a test. And apparently I dropped it, and she found it.” I said frowning.

“Wow…well you still need to tell him! I’m sure he wants to know! Besides he needs to know the truth about freaking Lisa!” Meghan said.

Well I knew that. But…

My phone rang suddenly, and I excused myself away from the table to go answer it.

“Andrea?” I instantly knew it was my boss.

“Yeah?”

“I have some news. You’re getting a job transfer.”

I froze. A transfer? Since when do coffee shop workers get transfers?

“Can you explain more to me please?”

“You handled filling in so well, that I recommended you to work at our other hotel, located in…”

I spaced out a little bit there.

Should I take it? Should I not?

My mind was full of many things.

“So will you take it?”

“Sorry, where did you say it was?”

“Maryland.”

My heart nearly stopped.

“Which part of Maryland? Baltimore?”

“No, not Baltimore. Annapolis, though, your flight-if you take the job-stops there, and you drive the rest of the way.

“I’ll take it.”

Without much thought, there was no doubt in my mind where I was going next.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. Next chapter should be /extremely/ long. It's going to be the last one. :/ i really liked writing this, though it was hard to start but i;m glad i didn't give up on it. Uhh yeah...Comments?