My Desperate Endeavor To Find My Whoever.

Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire

This was going to be much harder than I expected.

Avoiding Alex, would definitely prove to be difficult. Especially after what happened yesterday. And with that i realized that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

But I have to do this, I thought to myself. There's no reason for me to stand in the way of his happiness, for me to cause this much trouble. It's not right. Before I came into their lives, I'm sure they were much happier.

And that's partially why I am doing this.

I sat at the desk basically jumping with anticipation that he would show up like always, somehow I managed to stay away from him yesterday and now possibly today.

Amazingly the whole time I was there, I hadn't seen him once. This was proving to be a little easier than I thought.

I was getting my jacket and stuff, ready to go home, when he came bounding down the stairs looking for me. I ran to Meghan at the coffee shop and ducking behind the counter.

"Why are you hiding from lover boy?" She asked looking right at where I was sitting hunched over.

"Because! Now shhh! I'll tell you later! Just make sure he doesn't know I'm here!"

She nodded.

Leave it to me though, to give her the job of lying. Not to say that she wasn't a good liar, but maybe just not good enough to fool Alex.

"Hey, Meghan?" He asked walking over.

"Mhm?"

"Where's Andrea?" He asked curiously.

"I don't really know. I think she left somewhere though."

"Are you sure, she didn't tell you anything about where she was going?" He asked arching one eyebrow, his voice somewhat off.

"Yeah."

"Okay then. See you later Megs." And he turned to walk away. Once he was plain out of sight I made a break for the door.

"A huh!" Jack shouted grabbing me by the waist. "Why are you hiding from Alex?"

"I wasn't!" I said as he let me go.

"Liar." He stated.

"Why would I lie to you?"

"I don't know, I was gonna ask you the same question, since that is what you're doing right now." He said, not fooled one bit.

We stared each other down.

"You wouldn't understand."

"Oh wouldn't I?" He said and began dragging me to the place where evrybody always seemed to be ending up at: the park. He pulled me down to sit next to him on the bench. "Now tell me, why are you lying to me about avoiding Alex?"

"I'm not lying!"

He gave me that look.

I shook my head. "You just said, that I wouldn't understand, and I'm pretty sure I can. You know I may be a little short on attention span, but that doesn't mean i am incapable of understanding things, now tell meeeee!"

When I refused more than once, he made the most cute puppy dog face ever.

"Those looks don't work on me." I said.

He continued to look at me that way, long story short: I caved.

"Okay fine!"

"Yay! I'll love you forever!"

I took a deep breath. "Fine. There are two reasons, and if you tell anyone I swear I will make you wish that we had never had this conversation in the first place."

He made a face, and crossed his heart.

"Okay so first of all-"

"You like him!" Jack shouted interrupting me.

I felt my face flood with color.

"Do not!"

"You soooo do!"

"No."

"The more you deny it the more I can tell!" He said laughing at how flustered I was.

"No I do not." I said slowly.

"Oh yeah? Then why are you blushing?"

"I am no-"

"Liar."

"I told you-"

"Liar."

"But-"

"Liar!"

"Ugh fine! I like him!" I said, laughing at him.

"HA!" He shoved a finger in my face. "Anyways continue with your reasons."

I rolled my eyes,"As I was saying, one: I don't want to ruin his happiness. Two-"

"HOLD IT. How are you ruining his happiness?"

"Because he's getting into fights because of me with everybody."

"Define 'everybody', because in my eyes, he'd be better off with you than Lisa anyday."

I smiled a little. "I mean 'everybody' as in Rian and Lisa."

"So? It's not like getting into fights with either of them-or anyone for that matter-has ever stopped him from being happy."

"But-"

"Shhh! Just believe me, okay?"

"...Alright. but the other reason is my sister."

"What does she have to with this?" He asked confused.

I sighed, "Because, she helped my ex boyfriend cheat on me for the longest time. And even though we may look the same, there is no way on hell that I would ever want to be considered like her. I mean, she helped Destry cheat on me, and things can never be perfect, am I right? And even though I knew that nothing would happen with me and Alex, everyone seems to think so, and who knows? Maybe we'd get drunk off our asses, and make some mistakes...I just can't be that girl. I could never live with myself if I did."

"Wait. Your sister did that to you?"

I nodded. "This is kind of hard to talk about so can we forget about that and not...bring it up?"

He nodded understanding,"But you forgot reason number three."

I looked at him questionably."There is no reason number three."

"Yes there is, I can tell by the way you just phrased that, 'Things can never be perfect, am I right?'. Tell me i'm wrong: you don't believe in love anymore do you?"

I looked at him and somehow, he seemed to be right. "I do...for others...for me? Not so much."

"See? You can't tell me I didn't understand that." I smiled a little."But if you ask me, you shouldn't do this."

"I shouldn't ignore him?"

"Of course not. Because without you, he hasn't been the same, yeah he has but-there's something off. Like he really misses you Andrea, he really does."

I was befuddled myself now. He missed me?
♠ ♠ ♠
long overdue specially since i had this already written (: still having some trouble thinking about how to get this story to where i want, but it's coming...a little slowly but it's coming (: i would really appreciate more comments they help me with ideas and give me more motivation :)