Are We Demented Or Am I Disturbed

Realization

Jaelyn hated being in the hospital. She sighed and twirled the hospital bracelets around her wrist.

CLI OPDXSVCS 271607459
Way, Jaelyn M U#0263903 F
5/27/2011 16 12/02/1995
Matherson, Eric DO


She read the bracelet over and over. She sighed and looked over to the couch, where Joey was sleeping, his mouth open and one arm slung off, almost grazing the floor. She smiled. He was adorable.

A nurse came in for the twelfth time that night. She checked Jaelyn's monitors, marking things on her clipboard, then turned to Jaelyn.

"Oh! Miss Way, you're awake! You should be sleeping at this hour!" The nurse, Nancy, said. Jaelyn shrugged.

"Couldn't sleep. I knew you'd come in at 2:25." Nancy showed a fake smile and did her usual tests on Jaelyn. Nancy frowned and peered at the skin above the cast.

"Look at this bruising...highly abnormal...they shouldn't be this dark now."

"It's nothing-" Nancy pulled the blankets off Jaelyn's other arm, seeing the scars and cuts she'd left. Nancy gasped.

"Now what's this-" Jaelyn shoved her arm back under the blanket.

"I said it's nothing. Now will you please go?" Nancy frowned and left. Jaelyn sighed and closed her eyes, running her hand over her face. If they found out now, she'd be ruined. She'd have no way of coping, and she'd have to...she shuddered at the thought. She hoped to fuck that Nancy wouldn't tell anyone.

***

Jaelyn woke to a shuffling sound coming from the couch. She opened her eyes groggily and saw Joey rolling over. He opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Sorry," he whispered.

"It's okay...hey, Joe, why did you stay with me?" He frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"You could have went home. You didn't have to stay with me." He stood and made his way to her bed, holding her hand gently.

"I know. I wanted to. I was worried about you...I thought you'd never wake up." She could see a tear burning at the corner of his eye, and she gently pulled him down beside her. She took his head in her hands and gently wiped the tear away.

"Don't cry over me, Joey. I'm not worth it." He held on to her forearms.

"Yes you are. You're so much more than you think. You're everything to me." She softly caressed his face, feeling the prickly stubble on his cheeks. She smiled.

"No. I'm-" He interrupted her by pressing his lips against hers. He wrapped his arms around her frail body. Her stomach flipped, and she felt a sudden love for this boy. She moved her hands to the back of his neck, playing with the dark tendrils of hair. She smiled into the kiss. His tongue begged for entrance to her mouth, and she willingly gave it, letting his tongue explore her mouth. He leaned her back onto the hospital bed and climbed on top of her, never breaking the kiss. He played with her long brown hair, then let his hands expore her body.

Soon they broke apart, and Jaelyn stared up at Joey, a look of wonder on her face. He smiled his crooked smile, and she pulled him towards her, and their lips crashed together again. Her good arm snaked up his shirt, tracing patterns on his chest. He gently pulled away, and green eyes met grey eyes. There was no need to say anything. They both knew exactly what the other was thinking.

I love you