Green Day Baby

The Dinner Party

"Boys!" I call through the house, this is the last time I try to set up the folding table by myself. The troublesome two come running into the dining room with red, guilty looking faces. "Help me out." They help me pull apart the legs and stand the table up right. "Thanks."
"No problem," Joey says just about to head out, him and his brother were still giggly.
"Wait." They stop, "What did you do?"
"Urr, nothing," Jakob says not making eye contact. I clear my throat. "Okay, well we were . . ." he trails off.
"We were flushing marbles down the toilette," Joey says finally. I can't help but burst out laughing.
"You guys shouldn't do that," I say after I regain composure, "Now help me set the tables."

They roll their eyes as they trudge to the kitchen to get plates and utensils and stuff. Today we invited Rosie and her family over for lunch, Tre, Mike and their kids are coming too.

Adie joins me in the dining room with table cloths.
"Guess where I found them," She says as we spread them over the tables. "Underneath the vacuum cleaner." I stay silent as we smooth out the wrinkles, that was my fault. I broke a glass the other day and needed to vacuum up the shards then when I put it back I knocked the table cloths off the shelf and didn't bother to put it back.

The door bell rings out through the house and I hear the boys run for the door in a mad dash.
"Ahh it's the gruesome twosome!" we hear Tre yelp. "Frankito, beware, they're pure evil!"
"And ugly," Frankito squeaks.
"I'm a sexy beast," Joey boasts.
"What's in the box?" Jakob asks.
"None of your beeswax," Tre says as I hear him near the dining room.

"Boys, set the table," Adie says as she catches them trying to sneak off to the family room. Tre comes into the dining room with a banker's box.
"What's in the box?" I question as he plops it down in the corner of the room.
"Rosie's old stuff," he says as he smooshes his faux-hawk back to perfection. "You know a few photos and that video tape."
"Oh yeah, you kept that stuff?" he nods.

Joey and Jakob trudge into the dining room with the table settings, Frankito is talking non stop about some video game.
"Hey Frankie, you can help too you know," Tre says shoving his hands in his pockets.
"No, I'm good," he says smirking evilly, a true Tre Cool smirk, seemingly genetic.
"We're not dipwad," Jakob mutters.
"Language," Adie says giving Jakob the snake eye, "Mike's picking up the food right?"
"As far as I know, yes," I sigh.
"And someone needs to take care of drinks."

I head down to the garage where the spare refrigerator is, Tre follows me. When we get there I grab the cooler off the shelf as Tre gets the ice out of the freezer. We get to work filling the cooler with ice, beer and soda before we lug it back into the house.

By that time Mike and his girlfriend Brittney are in the kitchen with Adie and they're the food on platter that they got from a small catering place. Joey, Jakob, Frankito and Mike's daughter Stella are in the family room watching the Simpsons.

The doorbell rings and everyone falls silent. I slowly make my way to the front door and open it to see, Lainey, her husband Tony, Marc, Valerie and of course Rosie.
"Come in, come in," I say as friendly as possible.

I lead them into the living room where everyone is gathered.
"So I guess I'll introduce everyone," I say awkwardly. "Well, this is my wife Adie and my sons Joey and Jakob; Mike's daughter Stella, his girlfriend Brittney; Tre's son Frankito."
"Call me Frankie," he interrupts. Our guests nod.
"And this is Lainey, Tony, Marc, Valerie and the infamous Rosie," Rosie blushes in embarrassment.
"Oh Billie your embarrassing her," Adie says shaking her head, "Its nice to meet all of you, come let's eat."

We all sit at the table and start serving ourselves food and gradually get the conversation going. Oh man everything was awkward until Tony started talking about music, common ground for me and the guys. He used to be in a few small bands back in the day, he actually met Lainey through Adeena. If not already made clear Adeena was one hardcore groupie, that is until she got knocked up, by who that's still a mystery. After Rosie was born, she still slept around just not as frequently.

After lunch we went through the box Tre brought. Rosie glowed red with embarrassment as her cousin teased her about her baby blanket and teddy bear and stuff like that. When we said Joey asked to watch the video tape Rosie hurriedly said no and grabbed it.
"I want to watch it myself, I've had enough of everyone ogling, okay?" We're a little startled by her outburst but accept as she goes to put the video in her bag.

Now that I look at her I find she look a bit like Ramona, Tre's daughter. Its mainly the eyes, thing is Tre would actually have to fuck Adeena to get her pregnant, hence ending my suspicion.