Problem Student

Just Like Me

Dammit. Hayden had done it again. He had played yet another prank on his teacher, Dustin Woodrow. This was the fourth time this week, and it was only Tuesday! Sometimes, Mr. Woodrow wondered if Hayden was, in fact, a lost cause. But something in him told him not to let anything bad happen to Hayden, school troubles included.

But this time he slipped down the stairs and into a supply closet. However, he knocked Hayden in with him. The door was locked, and they were trapped.

"Why do you always do this, Hayden?" Mr. Woodrow exploded.

"Why do you care?" the student retorted.

Mr. Woodrow faltered. "Because... because I care about you," he admitted softly. "Because I want to help you. I..." He cut off, realizing what he was about to say.

Hayden, however, didn't notice. "I never knew you wanted to save somebody like me," he said sarcastically.

Mr. Woodrow was just about to reply when he noticed that Hayden had started to cry.

"H-Hayden?" he said, worried. "What's wrong?" He got down on his knees to the boy who was curled up in a corner, so very close.

"Noth-" Hayden started, but he soon realized how close his teacher was and turned bright red, his eyes going wide and mouth hanging open slightly. Mr. Woodrow realized how close they were as well, and he held the same position.

Neither of them could recall later which one of them it was that closed the gap; all they could remember was the feeling of their lips touching. Hayden, a seventeen-year-old senior, had no idea of how wrong this was or how much trouble Dustin could be in. Dustin couldn't really seem to care.

They added tongues and touches, and neither of them could stop. Before they knew it they were naked and moaning.

"You never said... you never said you wanted to love somebody like me," Hayden whispered afterwards, quoting one of his favourite songs.

"I never thought I would," Dustin replied, the allusion flying straight over his head. "All I know is that I fell down the stairs, right into the web you'd woven." Hayden's eyes widened as he realized that Dustin had, in fact, gotten the reference.

"We can never let anyone find out, you know," Dustin said quietly. "I'm nearly ten years older than you, and I'm your teacher. We have to wait just a few more months until you graduate for our relationship to formally exist."

"We... we have a relationship?" Hayden whispered in awe. All his life nobody had loved him. All his life he just wanted to be saved, to be loved. Now he couldn't believe he finally had it.

"I love you, Hayden," Dustin said with a kiss. "There's no denying it any longer. I love you and that will never change. But people won't understand. We... we can be together, but until you're eighteen and out of high school we can't. We get out June 7th, and your birthday's June 3rd, right?" Hayden nodded in agreement, and Dustin smiled. "Then I'll definitely be there at your graduation to give you a good luck kiss."

Hayden may have been a problem student, but Dustin saved him.

That was how it started all those years ago.

As of now, there is no end.