Status: part one of two

The Dangerous Days of Katherine Wheel

Chapter Two

"Nice to meet you, Bam. Ville has told me so much about you," Katherine said and stuck her hand out for a shake. Her thick accent was enough to make Bam's knees quiver.

"Nice to meet you as well," Bam replied and took her hand is his. Her skin was cold to the touch but it somehow managed to make Bam's heart warm. He tried to restrain his nervousness and shifted in position as he let her hand go. "I love your accent, where abouts is it from?"

"Ireland," she replied with a smile. "Born and bred in Belfast."

Ville removed his arm from her waist and excused himself to mingle with a few of Bam's friends. The noise from the crowd was enough to give Bam a headache. He asked Katherine to join him outside and she agreed. They managed to push through the people and made it to the front yard. A few groups of people were scattered along the grass. Bam leaned against the banister on the porch and Katherine stood beside him.

"You are the first Irish woman I have met," Bam stated as he fumbled through his pockets for his pack of cigarettes.

"I'm honored," she stated. "Beautiful country, you should visit sometime."

Bam marveled at her beautiful smile as he placed a cigarette in his mouth and replaced the pack in his pocket. The curves of her mouth entranced him. Her perfectly white teeth nearly blinded him. He knew she would be trouble. She was, in fact, his best friend's girl. He should not even be talking to her knowing he was this attracted to her.

Bam knew Katherine would be trouble. Her bright red dress and wicked grin told him so. However, he thought, he would enjoy the journey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very, very short. I know.
Let me know if I should continue. I am filled with ideas but unsure how to make them come alive. Comment with ideas and feedback