Status: I'm not putting up a character's description page since we've only got 3 characters you need to know in this story:] Enjoy?

Hold on Tonight and Mesmerize Me

Chapter 1

The alarm bells tucked into the corners of each corridor pealed a final ring signaling the start of another blissful 2 days of teacher-less freedom. And all I could think was “About fucking time”, because even though it was great to have strapped a leaking pack of itching powder to the under-side of our Spanish teacher’s desk, no matter how well we covered up our tracks, she always knew it was us… Maybe being the best pranksters in the school was a hard rep to keep.

I yanked my bag off the back of my chair and swiftly took hold of the back of my best friend’s shirt and dragged her out the door.

“Whoa woman, what’s with the drag-and-drop routine here? There is no way that Ms Bitch-at-us-a lot could possibly take us in for the kill.” The joys of deciphering her metaphors and code names…

I rolled my eyes as we jogged past the gym to our lockers. “You know she knew we did that, so it’s pretty damn likely that she’s going to use anything she can get her hands on that can put our asses in the Principle’s. So please excuse me if I don’t want this gorgeous face stuck in detention room for ‘Loitering on the facilities’.

“Psh, stop pretending you care sweet-heart. Last time you found your way into the detention room was in Year 7 for busting up those cheerleaders when they ticked you off.” She sighed dreamily, looking into those wonderful memories of the days when people would pick fights with us… Nowadays they give us a wide berth whenever we show the slightest indication of irritation.

As we jogged around the last corner of the bustling corridors to our lockers, we slowed ourselves to a walk, smirking at each other. Mission accomplished. Our dear teacher will soon be writhing in her seat. And trust us to make sure it’s not in pleasure.
We high-fived enthusiastically and did a series of complex movements that we were taught in summer camp years ago. Spin around, touch the ground, get up with your hands high, wave ‘em at the sky, another high-five as we come on down, twist a little…..

After about 5 minutes of this and managing to keep straight faces, we gave one another a last look before we burst into laughter. You want to ask how long we’ve been this insane? We’re both natural-born asylum patients, it just increases to impossibly large concentrations of craziness when we’re around each other.
Brilliant? Amazing? Fun? No to the first, yup to the second and a fuck yes to the last.

“Liz. I need my chocolate; or Redbull at least? I NEED MY WINGS!” My ‘un-corrupted’ and completely innocent friend has this thing for weird food... Insert gasps of horror here, yes; she mixes Redbull and chocolate together whenever given the opportunity. But it’s not like I can say anything.

“Honey?”

“Mhhm..?” Whoop-dee-doo. She’s watching a spider weaving a web in her locker with an intense expression.

“Remember what happened last time I let you within 20 meters of chocolate or Redbull?”

“I outran you to the house, slammed the door causing the prank we’d set up earlier to fall in your face… And ran around the back-yard in my underwear yelling quotes from the Simpsons,” she was mumbling into her locker absentmindedly, still transfixed by the insect/arthropod thing. “Completely embarrassing you in front of your neighbors and promised never to do it again.”

“How many times have I reminded you of this Stephani Anderson?” I couldn’t help but rub it in a BIT. Hey! That leaking bucket of toilet water hurt!

She scoffed. “Too many times my sweet Elizabeth O’Rhian,” About time the spider stopped moving. She was listening to me… Yay! “But you know you still love me.” She smirked as she turned around to give me a cheeky wink. Gotta love her nerve.

I slapped her arm lightly with my stack of textbooks in mock despair.

“Pity such a pretty lady slaps so hard, leaves beloved pages eternally scarred. Another smash comes crashing down; the papers scatter as sound rebou- OW! Hey it seriously hurt that time!” She rubbed the side of her head mournfully. “I just lost a couple billion brain cells now…”

“Well sweetheart, it’s not like you were using them much anyways.” I winked.

“More than they do anyways.” She nodded towards the approaching hordes of mini-skirts, tiny shorts and teeny tops. Pity some of those girls are just along for the ride, some of them are actually pretty awesome people when they’re not around their ‘omigod-like-totally-best-friends-forevers’.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slow start I think, but hopefully improves as it goes on.