Status: I'm not putting up a character's description page since we've only got 3 characters you need to know in this story:] Enjoy?

Hold on Tonight and Mesmerize Me

Chapter 3

As soon as I flung the door to house open, I ran in to find the phone ringing with persistence.

FINALLY, about time you got the phone! I was waiting for 2 minutes, 2 entire minutes! The torture I had to endure, the pain of resisting the urge to dive face-first into my supply of chocolate was over-whelming! It still hur-

I interrupted her before she got on a roll, “Hey! Not my fault that you find it impossible to stay below 40 miles per hour on your way home while I stay safely below the limit. So tell me what’s up with the party. There is no way I’m going to crash-gate. It’s really not worth it, especially since there’s that new band playing at Tyrone’s Shack and I heard their pretty good.”

Sorry sweet-heart, the bar’s a no-go. Band cancelled since they were paid to play at a local party, and there is only one party this weekend and you already know which one it is.” I sucked in a huge breath of air. The slimy bastard…

“So you’re telling me that the only way we will be seeing the band, is if we go to that goddamn party? You know that really isn’t our sort of scene, I didn’t even know that people there listen to that kind of music.”

Actually, from what I’ve heard, the only people invited love our kind of music too. I checked with some of the kids at our school and there is literally 1 person from our year and about 4 other people from all over the school. Even some 2nd formers last time I checked. But other than those people, there's around 40 others from around the area who we don't know.” 2nd formers going to a party where the average age was 18? They better not get into anything. I voiced my concern rather explicitly.

Hey, don’t worry. All of them know what can happen and are bringing older friends or whatever to look after them in case. If you’re really worried then we can both keep an eye on them in case, but it’ll be pointless since they’ve tried drinks before and don’t want a repeat too soon. You know that no one’s gonna be stupid enough to pressure them into drugs with people looking after them.”

I fell onto my bed with the phone to my ear and blew a strand of hair away from my eyes. “Alright, maybe I am over-reacting a bit. But pulling the ‘Anthony-invited-us’ stunt doesn’t really help.”

Who said I wasn’t telling the truth? He asked in gym what we were up to this Saturday, and then when I mentioned the Shack he said that he’d booked the band for his personal party and offered to make it up to us by inviting us along.”

I sat up shock-straight, “How the hell did no one in the class notice him inviting you let alone talking to you?”

That would be because when we were running laps as warm-up, we were one and a half laps ahead of everyone else.” She scoffed lightly. Go figure. If she weren’t more into pursuing an intellectual career, she’d be the perfect athlete.

“Alright, but don’t blame me if the party ends up sucking crap.”

Lizzy. Just be ready to party by 7 o’clock and I’ll handle everything else.” I took my ear away from my phone and stared at it in shock. Steph was being responsible and organized? What was the world coming to?

Lizzy? Hey, are you still there? I said be dressed and ready to go by 7.” I nodded my head dazedly, and then remembered she couldn’t see me.

“Oh right. Yes. Got it. See you tomorrow then! Love you and goodnight!”

See you then darling! Love you too!” To which she hung up and I was left listening to the dial tone.

If she was lying, or if Anthony was playing a prank, I was not going to be happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Agh. Sorry about having so much dialogue, but in a short story it's hard to get you up to speed on whats going on without it.