Status: I'm not putting up a character's description page since we've only got 3 characters you need to know in this story:] Enjoy?

Hold on Tonight and Mesmerize Me

Chapter 4

I did the last check over of my clothes in the mirror.
No stains? Check.
No tears in awkward places? Check.
No smell? I sniffed the hem of my outfit, check.
Was it comfortable? I stretched a bit then sat down. Alright, looks like I was good to go.

And just on time as well. I heard a loud rumbling as Stephani pulled into the driveway on her bike looking as if she’d just stepped off the cover of Rock Magazine.
What a contrast we were… She was a dark brunette with slightly tanned skin; I was a red-head with pale skin and a few freckles. She was in clothes that were worthy of being a member of a metal band while I was practically the definition of a semi-formal party with my simple dress and heels.

She opened the door to my house just as I finished packing my hand-bag and she threw herself onto the couch.

“Aaahh… I love your couch; it’s so bouncy and soft.” She sighed, prolonging the ‘O’, satisfied that for the moment she could simply wait peacefully while I hyperventilated over the party. Fine, not over the party, but over the mode of transport she chose.

“Oh god, don’t tell me I have to ride your bike in this!” I gestured frantically at my dress.

She snorted dismissively, “You’ll be fine, besides, it’s not like it’ll make much of a difference if you wore shorts, since they would cover less than your dress would.”
I had to concede to that point.

I fiddled with my necklace nervously, and hesitantly made my way out the door towards the Kawasaki with Steph close behind me. The automatic lock to my door clicked shut as I waited for her to turn off the electric field and mounted the soft leather seat behind her.

I turned the dial on her radio until it hit a song we could both tolerate. ’10 Miles Wide’ by Escape the Fate sated her love of rock & metal while being catchy enough for my alternative and pop-rock/punk tastes. They were a great band to psyche up to but I still couldn’t wait to hear the other band at the party. Kill Hannah could only be a better band if their name was Kill Hannah Montana, but unfortunately they’d probably get sued by the brat.

Soon we were speeding out of my gravel driveway and onto the quiet street on our way to hopefully have the time of our lives.

--------------------------------------------------------------
20 minutes later –
“I am never doing that again.” I grumbled as I passed her the helmet she had lent me for the ride. Why must everything she says sound like a good idea until it’s over?

“Just admit you had the time of your life on our way here and you just wish you lived farther away from the pond.” She smirked putting our helmets in the pocket under her seat then backing away as she activated her bike’s security system.
Then again, why does she always have to be right?

She continued off-handedly, “I’m sure that screaming the lyrics to songs at the top of your lungs, doing a jig in your seat, playing an air-guitar during guitar solos and quoting lines from your favorite comedies is classified as having a lot of fun.”

About to reply to her and turned to see Kelly and her ‘friends’ trying to sneak away to the pond. Sticking a finger down my throat, I mimed gagging as I pointed over her shoulder. As she sneaked a look to see what was going on, she made face then snickered quietly as she turned back towards me and motioned for me to follow her down an extremely well hidden path about 10 feet away from us. There was no way that anyone who didn’t know it was there beforehand could get to the pond if this was the only way in.

After about 2 minutes of walking down the trail through trees and bushes, we emerged on the other side to have our breath stolen by the sight.

A large waterfall at the far side of the pond shone with clear shades of orange, yellow and red in the glowing light of the sunset. The sheets of liquid cascaded gently into the deepest end of the pond where a few people had stripped down and were swimming around and splashing each other. All of the sound from the laughing emitted by these swimmers was masked by the band they had gone to the party for: Kill Hannah.
The dreamy vocals combined with the electric guitars were amazing together, and created the perfect atmosphere for this beautiful place, even if they were only warming up at the moment.

Maybe this wasn’t going to be terrible after-all.

“Hey Elizabeth? Hello?” I snapped out of my daze and saw Stephani looking at me, concerned, “Are you alright? You looked really out of it just now.”

I beamed at her, “This is amazing!”

“The party hasn’t even started yet Lizzy, just wait till 8, and then talk to me again.” She chortled; happy that I was just stunned not regretting my decision.

I smiled evilly and pounced on her, tickling ever bit of exposed skin I could reach. She collapsed onto the ground, overcome with fits of laughter as I attacked her relentlessly. Deciding it was time to turn the tables over; she flipped over and straddled me while her fingers terrorized my stomach.
I squirmed this way and that, trying to escape from her vengeance and gave up soon afterwards, seeing that she was immovable.

I give up! I lose, you win!” I panted, trying to get my air back when she broke off her attack and got off of me.

“Told you. You shouldn’t mess with me darling.” She winked and offered a hand up which I gladly took.

Brushing myself down and adjusting my clothes as we strode towards the mini-bar set up on the edge of the pond.

“I guess I’m driving tonight huh?” She asked sadly. Well if we brought my car we’d have a choice, but since she wanted to take her bike…

“Yeah, I guess so. But it doesn’t mean you can’t steal all the chocolate though.” My last sentence brought a smile to her face and for some reason, for her to stop walking as well.
I ran into her back and fell onto the grass; she turned around and helped me up again with a mock sigh. Then becoming serious she said, “Same friend rules as usual right? No flirting with guys the other is into, no backstabbing, or any of that right?”

I was shocked. Did she really need to ask? We always followed those rules around each other, it meant that our friendship was genuine and both of us were a lot happier that way.
I re-assured her that I would never do that to her even if I was drunk, and it was true as well. In spite of all the pranks I do at school, I’m a little angel at heart. I swear.

She nodded, satisfied. “Alright lets go get a drink then.”

She led the rest of the way to the bar and sat us down on a nearby rock once we’d gotten our beers which I downed in a few gulps and grinned.

“I’m thirsty.” I got up to get my favorite tequila.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well. I don't really need to say much do I?